cis actors: *play trans characters*
trans actors: *play cis characters*
SPINOFF WHERE VANYA TRANSES THEIR GENDER
alright here’s some suggestions/reminders for the inevitable trans vanya content that is to come (if you missed it, vanya’s actor just came out as trans on his instagram!)
- as of right now, vanya is not canonically trans, and if you choose not to think of the character as trans, that’s okay
- only time will tell what will become of vanya, it comes down to what elliot is comfortable with and what the writers decide to work out with him
- even if elliot decides they don’t want to play vanya anymore, we WILL respect that. there will be no bitching from any of you if it is his wish to no longer play the role of a woman
- if you’re cis, put REAL EFFORT into your depiction of trans people. listen to us and our experiences
- keep in mind that our response to this will have a very real effect on elliot’s life. don’t say or do anything involving him or his work that you wouldn’t to someone who wasn’t famous
- do not. DO NOT. write a fic or create content about vanya binding in unsafe ways. i don’t care how angsty you think it is. that harms real trans people. don’t do it.
- trans people can be gay, bi, straight, just like cis people can
- trans people also do not always consider themselves binary! a lot of us are non-binary men/women
- the whole “trans people pick names that are phonetically similar to their deadnames” is not a hard and fast rule. if you’re choosing a new name for vanya, feel free to branch out!
- that being said, i do think it would be very cute if he went by “van” as a shortened version of his given name when he was younger, then when he came out chose “vaughn” as his name. i also think it would be a nice nod to elliot’s chosen name being similar to his deadname.
- (i still want to make it absolutely clear that not every trans person does this)
- if you’re cis, i would love to see trans vanya content from you. however.
- much like a white person shouldn’t write stories about the personal trauma of racism, cis people really should not go in depth into the effects transphobia in their art. im not saying it can’t ever play any role in your content, but transphobia and the experience of being trans is something that you will never truly understand
- i cannot stress this enough: when cis people write about trans experiences, it shows. we can tell
- don’t exclude trans vanya from content for this reason, but keep it in mind as you create
- there are plenty of trans creators. we will do our part to tell those stories. please let us
‼️trans tua creators, feel free to sound off in the comments/reblogs and self promote yourself. cis people reblog this so it reaches more people ‼️
tldr: listen to trans people, be respectful, and stay in your lane
Often, I get caught up in feeling worthless and down about myself because of my identity. Here are some things that I remind myself in those times:
•You earn your body and your progress
•You get to customize your dick size if you get surgery
•Top surgery woot
•You’ll get to see yourself genuinely becoming happy through time
•You go through more trials than a lot of people might, but that just shows how strong you are
•You go through something that most people won’t understand, but that also makes you different from other people in a good way.
•Cis men have nothing on you given points above, especially if they’re always going to be boys and you’re a man
•You’ve lived life through two lenses
•You’ll learn to love yourself eventually even though you might not now
•Testosterone will do you dang good, just wait
•Your feelings are valid
•Your life is worth living. Don’t give up.
This is what I needed for today Becky loves her fans no matter who you are.
@riottbliss @thirst-n-bullshit @rxllynch @sassymox @theworldofotps @lil-enigmatic-marshmallow @biforbecky2belts @19mel83 @chaoticbecky @pxper-riings @korrasborra @moxley-jon @fatal-fatale @flawlessglamazon @country-believethat-gallowaywwe @thekingofthefallen @flairsexual @insaneelbow @axelwolf8109 @kingslayerrollins
The Vows“Ashlyn, you’re eternally captivating to me, I love everything I know about you now and I trust that as we learn and grow together even as time and life changes us, I will love you more everyday. I, Ali, choose you. Especially in that custom tux. I choose you to be none other but your badass self. I’ll respect you and cherish you as an individual, a partner and an equal, knowing that we do not complete…but compliment eachother. I vow, to be a loving and devoted wife without judgment, without lovelessness but always with a open heart and mind. You’ve stuck by me throught the best and the worst and love all that I am, you helped me to be the finest version of me that I am. You are my favorite best friend, I promise to support your dreams, to push you, to inspire you. I love you unconditionally, without hesitation. We really are the A team.”
- Alexandra Krieger“Ali, I vow to love you, encourage you, trust you and respect you. I promise to listen to you and learn from you. As time and life change us both I promise to grow with you, knowing that together we will build a life far better than either of us could imagine alone. I promise to support you, to nurture your dreams, to help you chase them, to respect you as a person, as my partner and most importantly as my equal. I promise to love you for who you are, and for who you are yet to become, I promise to be patient, and to remember that all things between us are rooted in love. I have called you many things over the years but today my dreams come true, today I get to call you my wife, and I will cherish and honor that until my last breath. Ali, I choose you. It has always been you. Today, I give you my heart, my soul and my love. Now, forever and always. I love you.”
- Ashlyn Harris