Please let me know if you have any book recommendations! I love books like: call me by your name, the story of love, a little life, the way the crow flies, Pride and prejudice , wuthering heights etc… Would love to discover new books especially with all the free time I have right now
A healthy relationship with food…
… Have a healthy relationship with food and your body.
It will make a huge difference in your life trust me.
Drink lots and lots of water and teas, eat your greens, prepare fresh meals, cook even if your alone and take your time while doing that. Be mindful and concentrate on all the different textures and flavors.
Do all of that but also eat intuitiv. Listen to your body. Treat yourself. If you crave cake, eat it. If you crave French fries, eat some. If you want pizza or pasta or whatever go get it. Just don’t do it every single day. Choose a healthy lifestyle for YOURSELF! Not to look a certain way or to be liked by others, but for yourself and your health. Having a balanced diet is so much better than restricting yourself one day and binge eating the next. You will feel so much better when you start to listen to your body.
And never please never regret the food you ate! Choose to enjoy everything you eat and be grateful! No matter if it is a freshly cooked meal with organic ingredients or a frozen meal you quickly grabbed. Act as if its the best thing you ever had. Choose a healthy meal/ alternative whenever it is possible but also enjoy what your eating.
Here a few Tipps for making every meal a beautiful experience:
- Try to cook as often as possible. No matter if you are alone or together with your family or friends. Cooking your own meals is not only very relaxing but you will also know exactly what is in the dish your eating!
- Create a beautiful atmosphere. Put on some nice music you like, light some candles and get your favorite table cloth. When plating your food act as if you want to take pictures of it or as if your at a restaurant. The dish should be pleasing for the eyes too. Again it doesn’t matter if you’re „only“ cooking for yourself! If anything you should make it look even better when you‘re by yourself.
- Make frozen meals fancy. Even if you don’t feel like cooking you can have a fancy meal, just upgrade your pre made food! For example when having frozen pizza go for a plain one and buy extra toppings (maybe something a little bit more extra like a fancy cheese or organic veggies!). Pair it with a glass of wine or make some fruit infused water. Not much effort but makes a huge difference.
- Be mindful. When eating try not to rush it. Maybe turn off the TV ones in a while and just concentrate on your meal. Try to taste every ingredient and get excited over it.
- Try new things. Go online or buy a new cookbook that is speaking to you. Look for dishes that make your mouth water. It doesn’t matter if it‘s healthy or not! Soul food should be a big part of your diet too! And the best thing is that the easiest dishes are usually the tastiest!
When you are planning on what to eat today try and think about this post. Listen to your body because it will tell you what it needs and then make it the best meal ever.