Venti is Very Small and also lazy so any of his friends that are Big And Strong are now obligated to carry him bridal style at least once
Zhongli has accepted his fate as Venti Carrier™ but he’ll absolutely carry him like a sack of potatoes out of spite when hes drunk
Diluc has no choice. Venti just poofs into his arms or jumps into them and Diluc just has to deal with it (Venti has learned not to do it while Diluc is holding things bc while he cares about Venti, he will not risk breaking things to amuse him)
Xiao isnt big but he is Stronk and very much enjoys carrying Venti. Venti sings & plays music for him while being held by Xiao as gently as he can. Very much mutual enjoyment of being held here
Anyway i need more of Venti being carried bc he is Very Small And Light
You absolutely adore Sevika’s beautiful gray eyes.
They are probably her softest, most delicate feature.
Sometimes, you feel like you could stare into them for hours and hours on end, and get lost in an entire world of possibilities…
At first, they appear like:
Freshly polished metallic gemstones,
Marble statues that stood lonesomely in the shadows of an abandoned museum,
They may seem icy, standoffish, even fortified to a naive beholder.
But to you, they offered a place of rest and solace.
A pool you could jump into and resurface having lived a million different lives:
Peering through a window to view a stormy, cloudy day that cries into the depths of an equally moody sea all from the comfort of a candlelit lighthouse,
A silent, winter forest in the dead of night that you trudged through in order to return to your cottage home.
There were moments where you wished you could lose yourself in her eyes forevermore.
i think what arcane does well is directly highlight how trauma, or the experience of being traumatized, is an inescapable by-product of living in/being raised in the socioeconomic conditions of zaun. the show also doesnt shy away from the idea that having or being with people who call themselves your “family” doesnt “solve” a person’s trauma; harm is harm, and being able to overcome that trauma takes time, and care, and meaningful processing of that trauma, beyond someone telling you that they’re on your side.
jinx and vi are the most obvious examples of this, so i wont talk about them here, but it’s interesting to see how all of the characters experience and grapple with some sort of trauma over the course of the series.
silco, despite literally overthrowing vander, the symbol of his trauma, can’t help but keep talking about him—while this may be a strategy to remove jinx from her attachment to vander by consistently painting him in the worst possible light, i feel that silco is also struggling to process why vander, his brother, would try and brutally murder him. it seems that vander did this because he and silco had a split in their ideologies towards what zaun should do against piltover, with silco being the “sacrificial lamb” for peace. vander himself cannot forget or forgive what he has done, with his scar being the physical manifestation of that betrayal (and he *looks at singed* will be further traumatized). the politics of P&Z, then, provide the backdrop against which this trauma occurs—without it, vander and silco would arguably never have been pushed to their extremes. in a way, he reminds me of the mariner in Rime of the Ancient Mariner, who feels compelled to repeat his horrific experiences to those he meets and are willing to listen—despite all appearances, silco is still haunted by vander’s influence (and the pain he inflicted on him). his struggle to process his own trauma leads him to isolate jinx, allowing her to give in to her impulses under the idea that so long as they are “family,” they will never be consumed by their worst fears.
ekko, despite being well-adjusted and proactively combatting the harms being done to the people of zaun, is also traumatized. his friends are killed in front of him by the person who was once powder, yet he also can’t help but memorialize her, clinging on to the memory of times when they could still be children. when vi hugs him after their reunion, we see, for a moment, not the leader of the firelights, but a young person who is scared and burdened by his role, one which is, again, a response to silco’s power over zaun and the political currency that shimmer has taken in and outside of it.
viktor is interesting because in addition to the obvious moment of trauma that he undergoes when sky is killed, his experience as a disabled zaunite in piltover is arguably a more potent, though less visible, form of social trauma, in which his personal agency as a reform-minded scientist is diminished by the lack of recognition that piltover gives to that agency. of course viktor believes in himself, of course he is intelligent and determined enough to make breakthroughs in his work, but the systemic restrictions created by ableism, class, and politics within piltover’s upper echelons—as well as his physical disease—arguably force him to experience a self-imposed “exile” from the human connections and social outlets that meaningfully would address that trauma. There’s also just the heartbreaking way that Viktor’s terminal illness is framed—at a surface level, baby viktor is traumatized from the sight of rio’s suffering, but at a thematic level, he is also re-traumatized when circumstances situate him as “another rio,” dying and (in the context of his political status as a Zaunite in Piltover) voiceless, not truly understood by heimerdinger or jayce (and how could they? one is immortal (with his own traumas with magic) and the other is trying his best to help but cannot, because of his good health and relatively privileged economic background, fully grasp the frustration and desperation of feeling a body break down from a disease caused by living in poverty as a child), and forced to rely, like rio, on singed.
jayce and caitlyn, coming from the privilege of well-off families in piltover, experience trauma in relation to seeing the poverty and exploitation of zaun, and the violence that has resulted from the p&z conflict, with their own eyes. while this is not comparable to the lived experiences of those who come from zaun, this is, thematically, another “crossing the line” moment—the divisions between piltover and zaun, imposed and enforced by piltover, are breaking down in the sense that piltover can no longer turn a blind eye to its own complicity in engendering trauma.
mel is another interesting case because her trauma stems from her fraught history with noxus and her mother. being exposed to the brutal bloodshed caused by noxus’ militaristic culture at such a young age is a trauma that will never leave mel, and, like the mariner, she expresses those experiences through art—her paintings arguably reflect the vibrancy and turmoil of her inner thoughts, otherwise guarded because of her political responsibilities. her trauma lingers on in the form of her mother, and specifically, her mother’s decision to exile her. while her mother may view this as the right thing to do (both for mel’s development and her own conscience), mel is the one who is burdened with this familial trauma—she clearly still respects and cares for her mother, but her mother’s emotional callousness, the dedication to noxus’ destructive ideals, and the flippancy with which her mother treats human lives all harm mel, and her mother does not see that. she is torn between her duty to family, her sense of needing to “prove her worth” to her mother, and her desire to pursue non-violent/more compassionate means of politics (though this compassion has not been extended to zaun for much of the series). being her mother’s daughter doesn’t erase her trauma, because forgiveness is earned and not bought with blood relationships, but i think it is meaningful that mel, like some of the other characters, slowly finds a way to deal this familial burden, the weight of her trauma, as act 3 nears its end.
but harm is harm, and the harms done to zaun will inevitably be felt in its sister city, either at a personal or at a systemic level, and jinx’s missile—a last cry from someone who never had the chance to inch forward to a better life, away from the hurt she has shouldered from her city or her family—shatters that healing, that progress, that shining tower of dreams unattained.
(These are all written by me!! If you use this, all I ask is you please reblog this post and give me credit in your bio/blog description!!)
Thought I’d make these just in time for Halloween!!
I will gladly make more icons for different fandoms and such if requested; my ask box is always open!!
Do you have any more Bruno headcanons? Your one about him being grumpy was perfect lmao
• When he was younger whenever Agustín or Félix came over, Bruno would announce their arrival with the same teasing “PEPA/JULIETA, YOUR BOYFRIEND’S HERE” his eventual nephew would pull. Pepa would get huffy and embarrassed and zap him a little and Julieta would shove extra food into his mouth to shut him up and Bruno would be amused like the bastard “little” brother he is the entire time
• Bruno (and Pepa and Julieta) is a fairly good dancer and singer! Alma taught him and sisters from a young age, wanting the three of them to look nice in a way that she hoped, at the time, was fun for them at the celebrations for years to come. Bruno isn’t perfect in either regard, he never was and he’s very rusty after all this time, but he can certainly carry a nice tune on his own and could teach his nieces and nephews how to dance (after he relearns how to do it himself first)
• Tío Bruno is the head babysitter, hands down. When all the other adults are out the house and Bruno is left in charge, the young ones think it’ll be a piece of cake getting to do whatever they want. Bruno couldn’t parent his way out of a paper bag, let alone simply adult his way out. The day would be nothing but fun and freedom
Could not have been more wrong if they tried.
Not only is Bruno strict about the rules that have been left behind, he’s also one step ahead of all of them. Bruno uses his gift to glimpse into the near future every handful of minutes to predict when his nephews and nieces are up to some shit.
Antonio about to fall off his jaguar? Bruno is there to (messily) catch him.
Mirabel finally convincing Casita to let her Isabelas room for completely innocent reasons? Bruno walks by and scoops her up and carries her off while she insists wasn’t gonna do anything…. well, not anything Isa couldn’t deal with
Camilo checks the entire house for Bruno and, when he’s certain he is safe, goes to sneak extra snacks he’s sure his tía won’t miss. And there’s his tío, leaning casually against the pantry and pointing Camilo back to the living room.
Now, while he is strict, Bruno isn’t all that stern. Yes, he keeps to the rules and keeps the kids all out of trouble, but once the potential “my sisters will kill me if I allow this to happen” situation is handled, Bruno has no problem in being the proper clown uncle he’s meant to be. He rides on the animals alongside Antonio to make sure he stays safe while he has his fun, he helps Mirabel plan a prank on her sister that’ll result in a lot less Being Grounded, and he brings Camilo a better snack to split than the ones he was after and shrugs as he tells Camilo to tell Julieta that he ate them all himself.
Bruno is 100% the fun uncle, but he isn’t going to let you jump off the roof to see if you can fly, especially when your mom told you not to, sorry bout it, kid
• I love the growing headcanon that Bruno can and will sleep just about anywhere at any moment. People move him to somewhere more comfortable if they find him at the table or just straight up curled up like a cat on the floor, but it’s starting to become hard to tell if moving him to the couch is a good idea at all. Not because it’s bad for him or the furniture, but more so because it starts a chain of people coming to rest with him, often starting with Luisa and just growing from there. Antonio is always a close second and Dolores a third, all three of them claiming Bruno to radiate this kind of calming peace when he’s sleeping, but it rarely takes long before half of the Madrigals are crowded and cuddled up on and around the couch, either half awake or fast asleep.
• Bruno adores the feeling of the sun. If he can’t be found in the house, he’s probably sitting outside or taking a walk in the forest to feel the sunshine on his face after so long without it
• Bruno is very good at doing hair. Growing up with two sisters made him an absolute expert at weaving braids and tying up buns and ponytails and even stylization of them, always wanting his sisters to look good for their dates even if he teased them through the hairpins held between his teeth as he worked. Isabela was ecstatic to find about his skills and comes to him almost every morning to get her hair done and do his in return, giving him a style that he will protect with his life throughout the entire day
i have a great idea
What if Madrigal family swapped their gifts for a day
AND NONE OF THEM DON’T KNOW HOW TO HANDLE IT
That would be a great episode if Encanto had a continuing serial
Isabela, having Tia Pepa’s gift: WHY CAN’T I FEEL ANNOYED WITHOUT PEOPLE KNOWING IT?! THEY SEE THAT I HAVE CLOUDS ALL AROUND MY HEAD AND POINT THAT OUT!!! AND THAT ANNOYS ME EVEN MORE!!!!!
Dolores, with Tia Julieta’s gift: I don’t know how to cook.
Julieta, has Luisa’s power: That’s okay dear, first you need to— *tries to grab a plate but breaks it in pieces* oh dear.
Pepa, with Antonio’s power, gossips with animals: No way Camilo did that!- What?— Nooo, he wouldn’t do it,— he’s only 15!!- Wait, what did Bruno said then? Oh mY GOD—
Mirabel, shapeshifter: *mocks Isabela changing into her* LoOk aT Me! I’m sUpEr PuNkY iDeAl GrAnDcHiLd!! WHOMP WHOMP!! *smacks own butt*
Isabela, still tia Pepa’s power: *creates a storm cloud and zaps Mirabel*
Camilo, with Dolores’ gift: *sells secrets and periodically having a panic attacks because of all that noise he can hear now*
Antonio, having a future vision: *prophecies that there will be an explosion of plants and vines*
Bruno, with Isabela’s gift: *fricking MAKES A SUDDEN EXPLOSION OF FLOWERS AND VINES*
Luisa, having Mirabel’s power of being the candle of house: *chillaxes and having a great time of not doing anything for the first time after YEARS*
And Abuela, seeing this kerfuffle: There wasn’t that shit when Pedro was alive *leaves this mess and locks up in her room*
Some Encanto head canons:
- Bruno still occasionally goes back into the walls when something bad happens
- Bruno himself made the holes behind the paintings in wait of Mirabel’s 5th birthday
- Bruno actually befriended the rats even before he went into the walls.
- Dolores has the ability to hear everything, but she can change the range of what she hears.
- If Dolores didn’t have her gift, she’d never listen to anybody.
- Dolores has heard everything, so at this point nothing fazes her anymore
- When Dolores gets older, she’ll adopt at least one kid
- Camilo and Dolores sometimes share clothes
- Camilo is actually scared of Bruno
- If Casita was given mannequin hands, they’d be able to move around stuff more easily and help and then some with a full mannequin body that they can move around.
- Felix came to know Pepa after him being the only one outside during a thunderstorm, that’s the first time they met
- Mirabel makes clothes for everyone, or at least helps with them
- When Mirabel gets older, she will take over Abuela’s role as head of the family.
- Antonio will be taller than Camilo when he grows up.
- Isabella is a cat mom.
[Camilo and Bruno in the same room.
… this is already awkward.]
Bruno: … So
Camilo: … Yes?
Bruno: Where did you get the idea I was seven feet tall?
Camilo: How do you - wait, how do you know about that
Bruno: you tend to hear most things living the walls
Julieta, who did not know about this: you were living WHERE
Bruno: oh did I forget to mention that
Julieta, about to lose her shit: Yes.
Bruno: what? Julie, I ate your leftovers every day, I’m fine -
Julieta: Into the kitchen, hermanito, before I give you a reason to.
Bruno, intimidated: … Yes, hermana.
Camilo: … What just happened
Mirabel, peeking in: You’ve never seen mami angry, huh