Article: Jessica Jiyeon fulfills childhood dream with new duet!
Singer Jessica Jiyeon sat down with Apple Music China’s Music After Dark about how her duet with R&B legend Babyface came to be!
“After working with my mentor Teddy Riley sunbae closely, I shared my musical influences and who inspired me to become a performer. He’s worked with so many of my heroes and it’s always been an honor to work with him.
Anyway, so he asked me who I’d like to work with if I ever had the chance and Babyface sunbae was on that list! I didn’t think anything of it, and then almost a year later, I got a call from Babyface himself saying Teddy had passed my music on to him and he was interested in working with me. The rest is history.”
“Fantasy” is available worldwide now!
Source: Apple Music China via Nate
- [+639, -87] Jessica really is Asia’s R&B representative!!! This was a match made in Heaven!
- [+512, -48] I would love to hear her collaborate with Mariah Carey next. Imagine two vocal queens in the studio together~
- [+476, -23] I played my friend, who doesn’t listen to anything asian, “Fantasy” cuz it’s in English and she thought it was a black girl singing it! Jessica is officially invited to the cookout once this pandemic is done.
- [+221, -9] The song is nice, but I don’t know who Babyface is…is that bad?!?!?? He’s a singer from when my parents were kids, right?
- [+84, -17] I heard a rumor that KARAMEL was supposed to make a comeback in July but Jessica shot it down to promote solo. Is she up to her diva antics again?
Article: Jessica Jiyeon defends controversial “Fantasy” MV!
Jessica Jiyeon is under fire yet again from concerned netizens, this time, over the music video for her latest single “Fantasy”.
In the MV, Jessica and her boyfriend are seen fighting, loving, and making love in a realistic way, which some viewers have interpreted as portraying an abusive relationship. The singer was quick to shut down naysayers with:
“The storyline is fair to both sides of real relationships. It doesn’t glamorize the good and ignore the bad, nor does it say the bad can’t be worked through. As a survivor of domestic abuse myself, the last thing I would do is tell someone to stay in a dangerous situation I myself was able to leave.
I hope anyone in a relationship that is toxic can find the strength to make the right decision. But what that right decision is, exactly, isn’t up to me to decide. I’m just an artist making art.”
What do you think?
Source: MyDaily via Naver
- [+1,225, -70] Sorry. Not buying her answer! You can’t just say “I’m an artist who has no responsibility for how people take my art”. Like it or not, she has influence and if a girl who is in a bad situation is being told “IDK stay maybe?” then the person saying it should take the blame for whatever happens!
- [+766, -108] Am I the only person that just saw a normal couple going through normal things? People in love argue sometimes. Some of you are proving you’ve never actually dated anyone beforeㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
- [+618, -31] Jessica is known for her dark storylines in her music videos, so for her to tackle domestic abuse in a way that isn’t 19+ or overly shocking, but REAL: she gets kudos from me.
- [+333, -57] You guys really just find fault in everything she does smh. The mv is cute STFU
- [+190, -4] Jessica doesn’t think about how her projects influence her audience. Like with that suicide music video she released last year or even “Sin and Punishment”…she needs to be careful.