the covid situation in India is extremely bad right now. there are 200k+ new cases every single day, there’s a SEVERE oxygen shortage in hospitals, and less than two percent of the country is vaccinated. I’ve had two covid deaths in the building I live in.
our government does not care.
I’m aware most of this site and my followers live outside India, so here’s what you can do.
- if you’re in the US you can use this link to find your representative and then contact them asking them to support the suspension of vaccine patents. here’s an email template, though PHONE CALLS are more effective.
- this is the UK link to find your MP
- https://peoplesvaccine.org/take-action/ has more things you can do and resources to educate yourself
- this is a constantly updating Google Doc listing fundraisers accepting international donations . It includes organisation distributing food, oxygen cylinders, PPE, and covid kits to frontline workers and vulnerable people.
- DO NOT GIVE ANY MONEY TO PM-CARES IT IS A FRAUD