and y’all? it’s great. i’ve never felt lighter.
- i can’t stop feeling the bones in my wrist. sometimes i spend entire class periods just watching the way they move underneath my skin.
- sometimes i pass a mirror and stop to stare at my newly exposed collar bones, the defined balls of my shoulders
- another thing: i never thought i would see my shoulders getting thinner! my entire upper body just feels smaller. do you know what happens now, when i get into crowded elevators? i’m not nervous about taking up too much space. it’s freeing.
- i sleep on my side, but now i have to put a pillow between my legs to keep my knees from knocking together.
- i ran my first full mile since elementary school this monday (9/11). i ain’t done that shit since i was 12. i’m not embarrassed to go to the gym anymore.
- everything is loose on me. i have to tuck my shirts into the fashionable belt i bought just to keep my pants up. i wrap flannels around my waist to define my new, hourglass figure. i have to be constantly vigilant of rings slipping off my fingers. i wear baggy t-shirts that slip off my shoulder to show necklaces that pool in my collar bones.
- my eyes look bigger in my face. my lips look fuller. my cheeks are slimmer.
- BRAS FIT BETTER. no more boob spillage. no more underarm fat. no more straps digging into my shoulders.
- do you know how much more flexible i am? when i started my journey i couldn’t even touch my toes. now i can fall into a full splits.
- i’m more disciplined in other areas of my life now that i have more control over my food intake. i sit down and study. i finish assignments days before they’re due. i wash my face every night because i know what will happen if i don’t.
- when i lie in bed, i can cup my hipbones and trace my ribs and think finally.
i’m nowhere near where i want to be, but it’s so strange and so gratifying to notice the progress i’ve made. it’s makes me so much more excited to see how much better i’ll feel when i reach my goal weight. don’t be afraid to step back and admire how far you’ve come! it will only motivate you to go even further.
i love that