St Paul’s from Ludgate Circus, 1885, John Atkinson Grimshaw
■ beige maxi linen skirt
■ black wide linen pants
■ desert-colored long-sleeved linen shirt
■ black cotton top
■ white cotton top
■ a straw hat
■ low black canvas sneakers (converse)
■ a white romantic top with ¾ sleeves
■ another romantic top with a staple pattern
“(…) my head is buzzing; I am making scarcely any progress, I keep wanting to start over again and say everything differently the second time around—;”
— Rainer Maria Rilke in a letter to Lou Andreas-Salomé, published in Rilke and Andreas-Salomé: A Love Story in Letters
- Everything in the world is about sex except sex. Sex is about power.
- The world is a stage, but the play is badly cast.
- To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all.
- I can resist everything except temptation.
- We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.
- The truth is rarely pure and never simple.
- Always forgive your enemies - nothing annoys them so much.
“Do you ever want to hide….to be completely hidden so that nobody knows where you are. Sometimes one has a dreadful feeling of exposure—it’s intolerable. I mustn’t say these things.”
— Katherine Mansfield, in a letter to Sydney and Violet Schiff, dated August,1920