Yk honestly? Men who just have regular bodies and not six packs are infinitely more attractive to me
Like yes bitch, be natural AND beautiful
Yk honestly? Men who just have regular bodies and not six packs are infinitely more attractive to me
Like yes bitch, be natural AND beautiful
If you see someone using this image to “prove” that the attack on capitol was orchestrated by antifa, don’t believe it. the man with the short hair is Matthew Heimbach. He is a neo-nazi, and planned the Unite the Right rally in Charlottesville. Click here for his wiki article. He was posted on the Philly antifa website to announce him as a nazi.
Here is the second fake photo.
This man was NOT a pro-BLM protestor. Here is the full version of the picture on the right.
This man is Jake Angeli. He is a QAnon influencer, also called the “Q Shaman.” Q (Qanon) is a far-right conspiracy theory. You can read more about it here.
Here are some links about him:
Hey if you’re schizophrenic/psychotic I just want you to know that you’re a wonderful person and that you deserve so much better than the demonization, marginalization and stigmatization you face in this society.
Please consider reblogging this/other positivity posts for schizophrenic/psychotic people every once in a while. If you have more than 100 followers, odds are that a couple of them experiences psychosis and that they rarely see positivity posts for people with their symptoms.
2020 chapter for history class
Things i worry about
All the hypothetical scenarios my anxiety makes me create at 3 a.m.
Things i probably shouldve said lol
Why I hate school.
My mental issues
Scenarios I create in my head that will never happen
Everything I wanna write and publish but lack the energy to
Fanfictions I’ve read during quarantine
Found this on Facebook! BOOST!
Tell Etsy that #ThisIsNotNative
This is why I stopped selling on Etsy. I got really sick and tired of all that nonsense.
To purchase authentic native american artistry, heres a list of indigenous owned businesses you can support:
Please support Native people!!!! In any way!!! Even if its spreading this good message around!!!!
there’s also salwaycc.com!!!
all queer history on here is just US-American or maybe sometimes some UK history as well and it makes me sad that there’s so little information about other countries’ queer history on here :(
@makingqueerhistory has some diversity, as of historical queer people, and they’re doing a great job, but there’s a lot of work ahead.
OP is definitely right, there still is a huge gap in the discussions of queer history, and thank you for recommending us!
This isn’t perfect, and many of these only have one article, but here is our list of countries we have written about. We are hoping to one day have at least one article for every country in the world but as @every-book-has-a-secret there is a lot of work still to do.
!!! This is what I was looking for! thank you!
Of course! Glad we could help!
I’d like to add Tom Of Finland (Touko Valio Laaksonen), the one who drew those erotic pictures of muscular men clad in leather, to the Finnish list.
Some say that Tom Of Finland was the father for the leather gay movement.
PERUVIAN QUEER HISTORY???? God, I love this site
Okay but like, I’ve been watching videos of Danny all night and
He just fucking MAKES LOVE to that microphone. He’s like having a raw, sexual moment with his music and WOWIE I love it
“they’re burning all the witches”
And there it is
And meanwhile, assholes with no sense of irony or history refer to the naming of sexual predators as a witch hunt.
bringing this back cos shes relevant again
Never not reblog.
This is why I have this. Even if they can get the lock opened they can’t push the door open. Got it at Lowes for $20.
reblog for that last bit to save a life
If you’re like me and have a large gap under your front door (someone could take a stick and just poke the leaning stick style door jam out), I recommend the Addalock. It’s small, perfect for traveling, and this lock is CRAZY. It’s so simple but the door does not move.
You can’t see it from the other side, either. It also cost about $20, and I can’t recommend it enough. Easy to travel with, too! Great for Air BnBs!
That’s why I have these on my doors. They get drilled into the side and once its flipped over the door nothing is getting it open. Not the door being unlocked nothing, I’ve unlocked the door and pulled and pushed as hard as I could and it didn’t budge. When I go on a trip this is what I use and when I’m home I leave it on too. No one is getting in here.
Okay I know that it is necessary for many but what do you do if you need medical attention and you’re not able to open the door from the inside? Can the fire department get through these at least?
Yes. The fire department can and will break down your door if necessary, it’s one of the reasons they have axes; it’s entirely possible for door frames to melt/expand/seize or otherwise become unopenable during a house fire but the door itself can be hacked down. Or the window. In rare cases, the wall. Firefighters don’t fuck around with collateral damage when lives are at stake.
Sharing for all the safety items!!
Informative. Please share!
Throwback to all these Jesus comics I drew in 2012…
Good post OP
Good post, OP, and if you ever decide to do another may I please suggest “NOT IN HEBREW IT DOESN’T” as a punchline? So much of the Old Testament is HORRIFICALLY translated from the Tanakh, it drives me batty.
WAIT WAIT WHAT DOES IT SAY?????? I NEED TO LIKE,, DESTROY MI MUM FOR BEING REALLY HOMOPHOBIC
Okay, so, strictly speaking, the infamous Leviticus 18:22 does say “forbidden.” Here’s the thing:
1) The word translated as “forbidden” is “toevah.” While that translation isn’t … wrong, it’s sort of like saying “McMansion” means “really big house.” There are a lot of connotations in that word. The specific issue with toevah is that we … sort of … don’t know anymore exactly what it meant. Based on context, it seems likely that the word referred to something ritually forbidden. This part of Torah was written not only as a guide for future generations, but also to say “so, look around, see your neighbors? DON’T DO THAT.“ Thus, if we interpret “toevah” to mean something that’s forbidden to do as a ritual before G-d, then the verse says nothing whatsoever about Adam and Steve and their two kids and their dog–it’s saying you shouldn’t have sex with another man in the Temple as a sacrifice.
2) Following the same “this is ritually forbidden” logic of toevah, this verse may also be interpreted as “don’t do sex magic,” which was a thing in. Like. A lot of fucking cultures at the time.
3) Hebrew is a highly gendered language, and the grammatical gender in this verse is really really weird. One of the “men” in this verse is given female grammar. Why? Who fucking knows, man, this isn’t the only grammatical oddity in Torah. (There are also places where G-d is referred to as plural, and also as female.) One suggestion is that this is a way of creating a diminutive–that is, that the verse should be read as “a man should not lie with a boy.” Now, it’s worth noting that modern secular scholarship has concluded the written Torah was written down around the 6th century BCE, and most non-Orthodox Jewish scholars are like “yeah, all things considered, that sounds pretty legit.”
Do you know what else was happening around the 6th century BCE? What laypeople tend to mean when they say “ancient Greece” was happening.
Do you know what happened a lot in that time period in Greece? Dudes forming relationships with younger boys, like ages 10-15, and using them for sex in exchange for financial gifts, mentorship, etc. While we don’t know just how young some of these younger boys may have been, we do know some were prepubescent. In light of this, and also something I mentioned under the first point–”see your neighbors? DON’T DO THAT,” if this verse is interpreted to say “a man should not lie with a boy,” then it’s pretty clearly “my dudes, my fellows, my lads, don’t be fucking pedophiles.”
4) Because of the grammar I mentioned in #3, it’s also possible that “should not lie with a man as with a woman” is actually referring to a place, not an abstract personhood: a man shouldn’t have sex with another man in a woman’s bed. In the time period, a woman’s bed was sort of like–that was her place, her safe sanctuary. It was also a ritually holy place where babies were made. By having sex in her bed, you’re violating her safe space (and also introducing a man who may not be a male relative, thus forcing her into breaking the laws of modesty). If this verse is read this way, then it should be taken to mean “don’t sexually violate a woman’s safety and modesty.”
5) And as an offshoot of #4, this may be a second verse relating to infidelity. Which woman’s bed is any random dude in 600 BCE most likely to have access to? His wife’s. But laws were administered differently based on whether the person they pertained to was slave or free, male or female, and so on–thus, a man committing adultery with a woman would be treated differently than man committing adultery with a man (especially because the latter would carry no chance of an illegitimate pregnancy).
So you’ll note, there are a lot of ways to read this verse, and only a one-to-one translation with no cultural awareness produces “being gay is wrong, all of the time”.
(You’ll also notice the word “abomination” is nowhere to be found. That’s like … a straight-up fiction created for who only knows what reason.)
Apparently tumblr mobile doesn’t want to show @prismatic-bell ’s long and in-depth essay, so here’s the screenshots, because it still shows up on mobile browsers:
I love when scholarship and history debunks bullshit
…I sadly have more bullshit to report.
“removed for violating guidelines”, EVERY screenshot.
Let’s try this again
I am horrified that @prismatic-bell keeps getting censored + this info is gold.
Many thanks, @pulmonary-poultry. This isn’t the only Jewish post of mine that’s mysteriously stopped showing up in searches and/or vanished from my blog entirely, but it is the one I get the most requests to repost, so this saves me from having to rewrite the whole damned essay. @the-invisible-self, thanks for bringing it to my attention that someone was able to preserve the post!
It’s about to be the 20’s
Idgaf if I get in trouble, I’m throwing one of those loud ass Gatsby-like parties where everyone in the city gets fucked up. I wanna meet my own Nick Carraway goddamn it
I said I wanted the Roaring 20’s
Ryan Bergara was probably possessed by a demon as a child.
Now now before you go screaming “but Madison how can you say that!” Here me out
I was rewatching some old episodes and this particular moment from the voodoo episode really caught my attention
M: Do you feel like a scared little kid?
R:All the time, every day
M: Why are you scared
R: I don’t know
Now this really bothered and I didn’t know why at first but then he said
R: I always felt like I was being watched as a little kid
Then it hit me “Holy fuck he was probably being stalked by a demon!” Now I thought this for three reasons
- Demons are drawn to the life energy of humans
- Children are more susceptible to being tricked by a demon
- Children give off more life energy than adults due to their innocence
That being said (lol trademark) it’s more likely for a child to be possessed than an adult.
“Children are most likely to be victims because they have clean minds” - Rosanna Roces. (Now that quote might not be the best example but it’s all I can work with atm)
Anyway, Let’s get back on track. Sigmund Freud once theorized that memories of childhood abuse/trauma can be suppressed. However there’s little evidence of this since most trauma survivors remember at least a small bit about the things they endured. That brings me back to Ryan, he suppressed the memory but not completely. That’s why he only remembers the feeling of being consistently watched and not the possession.
Let’s say, Ryan was possessed for two days and then was exorcised and he repressed the memory. How does that explain his disbelief in ghost up until he was 17? How does he not at least remember being exorcised? Well I’ll explain it.
Most people who were possessed begin to act normally again and on some occasions don’t even remember it happened. I’m using the story of Julia for my example. In a 2008 documentary a girl named Julia was being exorcised. However after her exorcisms she had no recollection of what happened before and during it. This shows that on occasion some people entirely forget being exorcised. Ryan was one of those occasions.
Now let’s move on to my final piece of evidence. People who have experienced trauma have common symptoms, let’s say paranoia and night terrors as main ones in this case. Well Ryan didn’t experience those as a kid, but he does now, so how does that make any sense? How can he experience symptoms years after the original trauma? The answer simple my dear boogaras, something triggered them. What was it? It was none other than the Queen Mary. After he experienced all that weird shit on the ship, it’s triggered the symptoms.
Paranoia- Ryan’s terrified of everything, and is suspicious of every little sound. He always watching his back and brings holy to every demon investigation
And of course night terrors
The dreams where Shane dies. Dreams where his family dies
S: How often does this happen?
R: Pretty often
Conclusion, Ryan Steven Bergara was possessed by a demon when he was little. He repressed the memory and symptoms until he experienced the paranormal phenomena on The Queen Mary at age 17.
(Now this is just a conspiracy theory and I don’t mean any harm towards Ryan or his family)
I’ve seen a lot of posts on my dash tonight about users who are threatening suicide, with other Tumblr members posting in effort to try to get ahold of them. I think you all should see this:
IF THERE IS EVER A TUMBLR USER WHO HAS POSTED A GOOD-BYE MESSAGE, SUICIDE NOTE, VIDEO, OR ANYTHING OF THE SORT, PLEASE FOLLOW THIS POST.
1. Scroll to the top of your dashboard.
2. See the circular question mark icon at the top? It’s the third one over from your home symbol. Click on that, and a screen similar to the one in the picture will come up.
3. Where you can type in questions, the box with the magnifying glass at the top, type in the word “suicide.”
4. Click on the first link that shows up. It should say, “Pass the URL of the blog on to us.”
5. Type in the user’s URL and tell Tumblr admin that the user is contemplating suicide and has posted a message indicating that they are going through with it or will be attempting. Hit send! Tumblr administration will perform a number of actions to contact the user and take the necessary steps to prevent the suicide.
TUMBLR: THIS COULD SAVE A USER’S LIFE. PLEASE DO NOT IGNORE SUICIDE THREATS.
Reblog this to keep other users aware. Suicide isn’t a joke, and neither is someone’s life. If you didn’t know this, someone else may not, either. Pass it on.
why on earth doesn’t this have more notes
I actually had to do this once. She lived.
if you scroll past this on your dash you are absolutely heartless.
Reblog this!! This can save somebody’s life!
do not scroll down.
I SWEAR TO GOD IF ANYONE SCROLLS PAST THIS WITHOUT REBLOGGING I WILL LITTERALLY FIND THEM AND GIVE THEM A LECTURE
may I just update this?
see the little thing that says help?
Don’t ever scroll past this post. FUCKING NEVER SCROLL PAST!!!
Reblog if you’re also going to binge watch Merlin before it leaves Netfix
the wrong amazon is burning and the wrong ice is melting
IT DIDNT CATCH FIRE IT IS BEING DELIBERATELY CLEARCUT AND BURNED BECAUSE LARGE AGROBUSINESS CONGLOMERATES PAID THEIR FASCIST GOVERNMENT TO IGNORE THIS COURT RULING
It’d explain why it isn’t getting coverage for sure.
You can give *directly* to Indigenous forest protectors in Brazil by supporting @ApibOficial (Brazilian Articulation of Indigenous Peoples). Indigenous groups are the only reason there is any rainforest left in Brazil at all at this point.
Here’s the link.
So, our “Lung” is on fire.
It is already threatened by huge deforestation, to the point it lost 20% of its width in less than 30 years.
It’s been burning for around two weeks and almost no word has been uttered about it. I, sincerely, have come to find out about it just now. I’m shooketh ™️ because we’re really burning away this planet.
The Amazon Rainforest holds 20% of global waters, it’s an area of incredible value in terms of biodiversity and, nevermind, it’s a crucial climate regulator. Spread awareness, demand help.
You can donate to SOS Amazônia which is one among the 100 NGOs selected as “The Largest NGOs in Brazil”.
> > > ( ENGLISH: //doe.sosamazonia.org.br/en ) < < <
- 1 USD is 4,04 reais.
- 1 EUR is 4,47 reais.
If you donate only $2,50 USD (10 reais) you’re helping a lot.
If you donate only $2,30 EUR (10 reais) you’re helping a lot.
About people saying “the minimum value is $10”: Even if you’re not from Brazil you can donate in REAL instead of donating in USD or EUR via Paypal, so… YES, you can donate less than 10 dollars or euros. (Just don’t change the currency to USD or EUR, Paypal converts your dollars/euros to reais.)
Or you can help by signing the petitions too!
It won’t take much of your time!
Stop killing the Amazon!
To members of the Brazilian Congress, the government of Jair Bolsonaro and world leaders:
As citizens around the world, we were horrified to see the rapid increase in the destruction of the Amazon rainforest in recent months. The fate of humanity is directly connected with the fate of the Amazon, and we ask that you do everything you can to protect the forest, including passing laws to protect public forests and ending illegal deforestation, and even increasing international pressure to prevent further destruction of the Amazon.
Please. Boost if possible, this is REALLY important.
rawest fucking florence and the machine lyrics in no particular order:
- no more dreaming of the dead as if death itself was undone
- want me to love you in moderation, do i look moderate to you?
- this will be my last confession, ‘i love you’ never felt like any blessing, whisper it like it’s a secret only to condemn the one who hears it
- because i am done with my graceless heart, so tonight i’m gonna cut it out and then restart
- tenderest touch leaves the darkest of marks and the kindest of kisses breaks the hardest of hearts
- but the loneliness never left me, i always took it with me, but i can put it down in the pleasure of your company
- at seventeen i started to starve myself, i thought that love was a kind of emptiness, but at least i understood then the hunger i felt, and i didn’t have to call it loneliness
- the fabric of your flesh, pure as a wedding dress
- it’s an even sum, it’s a melody, it’s a battle cry, it’s a symphony
- but i know it’ll have to drown me, before i can breathe easy
- to the crowd i was crying out, and in your place there were a thousand other faces
- and it’s over and i’m going under, but i’m not giving up i’m just giving in
- in a moment of joy and fury i threw myself from the balcony like my grandmother, so many years before me
- and it’s peaceful in the deep, cathedral where you cannot breathe
- i know i seem shaky, these hands aren’t fit for holding
- i’m not beat up by this yet, you can’t tell me to regret, been in the dark since the day we met, fire help me to forget
- it seems that i have been held in this dreaming state, a tourist in the waking world, never quite awake
- shower your affection, let it rain on me, pull down this mountain, drag your cities to the sea
- and i did cartwheels in your honor, dancing on tiptoes, my own secret ceremonials
- a year like this passes so strangely, somewhere between sorrow and bliss
- in the spring, i shed my skin and it blows away with the changing winds
- i swallow the sound and it swallows me whole until there’s nothing left inside my soul
- and i want you so badly, but you could be anyone
- i was in the darkness, so darkness i became
this is “in that pink dress they’re gonna crucify me” erasure
well that is “and I can’t dress they’re gonna crucify me” erasure because thems the wrong lyrics bro
i took the pink dress as a metaphor for femininity, and the whole sentence as commentary on society’s view of it as something undesirable, to say the least.
in a recent interview she said:
I actually re-listened to it and I listened really hard and I actually did hear “pink dress” and I was like
so yeah I’ve been hearing it wrong this entire time !!! maybe it’s lucky I didn’t include that lyric then because everyone would’ve roasted me lmao