Italians always gotta tell people they’re italian and Scorpios always gotta tell people they’re a Scorpio and this is why frank iero was the biggest thot sensation of the mid 2000s
literally obsessed with the way that online friendships vary from fond strangers to good friends to siblings to could probably be in love if there weren’t an ocean and god knows how many timezones between us
yk out of curiousity….
@threecheersfordeadpoets which one’s us shawtybae???
Hey Mr. Gaiman! Huge fan here! What are your major sources of inspiration for season 2 of Good Omens?
Primarily, Season 1 of Good Omens, and a hypothetical Season 3 of Good Omens.
nothin says mental illness like roleplaying a prinxiety bachelor au in the chat of a netflix party at three in the morning
to my,, mutuals/besties who follow my crack blog and even if this pops up on your dash this is a formal beg to ask me anything because i want to answer random questions <3
for the secret history asks,,,, henry????
Henry: How many languages do you speak + what language are you currently learning or planning on learning?
first off, ty for the ask anon!!
my first language is english and we learn french from around kindergarten here so i’m fairly fluent in that as well. even though my accent is.. painfully anglo, my written is pretty good
i took mandarin for a few years as well but i’m afraid i don’t remember much of it since it was in elementary school, and currently the lovely @bazpitchs-violin has been teaching me latin :)
guys wtf kids are getting inot relationships in like the fifth grade? bitch i was pretending to be nightmare moon from my little pony when I was ten
ok reblog this and tell me in the tags what you used to do when you were like 8-10 years old
idk who she is but
“But if you forget to reblog Madame Zeroni, you and your family will be cursed for always and eternity.”
not even risking that shit
scrolled past this, re-evaluated my life, then SCROOOLLLED back up and hit the damn reblog button.
- She ain’t no games in real life so I take her serious all the time
- Anyone with a name that starts with a “Z”, ends with an “i”, and isn’t some kind of Italian pasta, IS SERIOUS
- I’m not climbing no mountain with a pig on my back, 🙅🏽🙅🏾🙅🏿 Negative.
Nope. I know better, have your reblog Madame Zeroni.
who the fuck is Madame Zeroni
Look at these stupid children who don’t know who Madame Zeroni is
Man lissen if you don’t know you better ask somebody AFTER you hit the reblog button
Idk who she is but I have an exam today so I’ll reblog her
i have an exam today
so i’ll reblog her
^Haiku^bot^0.4. Sometimes I do stupid things (but I have improved with syllables!). Beep-boop!
Because wise, I am.
Oh fucks no she’s back lmao must reblog. I’m sorry guys
2 million people aren’t wrong
I guess I have to reblog this twice today
i’m thinking tonight about masterpieces. michelangelo looked at the sixtine chapel and saw; nothing to preserve. virgil wanted his aenid burned and forgotten; only to be saved at the behest of an emperor who thought it flattery. kafka instructed his friend to burn everything he’d ever written - too personal was it, too unfinished.
they were ignored.
instead, their work was taken and held and published and thrown to be gawked at. instead, an emperor, a pope, a friend, took from within the cavities of them their choices; their art.
tumblr rolls out post+. twitter rolls out tip jars. youtube takes half of what creators earn. on social media, there is a ko-fi or a patreon and a polished face in every bio. i show my poems to my mother and she asks if I will publish them before she says anything else. emily dickinson instructed her sister to burn her poetry.
her sister did not listen.
we are a community, says tumblr, we should give back to creators. my last poem had 50 notes. six of those were reblogs that weren’t mine. i lie in bed at 2am and stare at my bright phone screen and the way netflix’s library grows thinner and thinner. the first ad on tumblr that i can reblog is for amazon. amazon takes more than half of what authors earn.
kafka’s friend took barely finished work and hammered it into structure. he is the only reason we know of him.
my father wrote a book and a play when I was barely big enough to reach his knees. when i try to talk to him about writing, he shrugs.
no one wanted to publish it, he says. so i don’t write anymore.
i am filled with poems I have never published, books I haven’t written. There are little snippets of them scattered throughout my life. I link to my ko-fi on my tumblr.
asked capitalism of the artist: what is art, if not for consumption? who does art benefit, if it is not consumed? why create at all if you do not market it? who are you, frothing at the mouth about someone publishing someone else’s poems? who are you to hate your magnum opus? what is art, if not in relation to its reception? if no one sees it, how is it art?
said the artist, baring their teeth: it’s mine.
hey uh quick psa for gringos when writing latinx characters.
WE DO NOT JUST SWITCH FROM SPANISH TO ENGLISH IN THE SAME SENTENCE.
IF WE ARE TALKING TO ENGLISH SPEAKERS WHO ONLY SPEAK ENGLISH, WE WILL ONLY SPEAK ENGLISH. you wanna add a nickname or a name of endearment? sure! but don’t go.
“you’re living in una mansion arruinada?”
TRANSLATION: “you’re living in a ruined mansion?”
like no one speaks like that. to english speakers.
they’ll literally sound like dickheads and im rolling my eyes
IF WE ARE TALKING TO SPANISH SPEAKERS WHO ONLY SPEAK SPANISH, WE WILL ONLY SPEAK SPANISH. if your character is struggling with spanish and their dominant language is english, they will forgot words or say anglicisms, which is when you turn an english word into a spanish word because a) you forgot the spanish word, b) the spanish word is very similar to the english word and your brain confused them, or c) you’re thinking in english and translating as you speak. it’s more of a combination of all three. anglicisms are often incorrect because you’re just making up a word for something that already has word. aaand the native spanish speaker will correct the anglicism.
“ayyy! me gustaría vivir en una farma!” “…es granja…”
TRANSLATION: “awww! i’d love to live in a farm.” “…it’s (correct translation for farm)…”
see? the english speaker was thinking of farm and just said “farma” but it’s actually “granja” the correct word. this is like the only one i could think of rn but i say a lot of anglicisms bc i’m very americanized (we love living in a colony, aka puerto rico) and there are better examples with like two words being so awfully close but one is wrong bc it’s an anglicism.
IF WE ARE SPEAKING TO SPANISH AND ENGLISH SPEAKERS, THATS WHEN WE SPEAK “SPANGLISH”. that’s the ONLY time we’ll switch in the same sentence. but it’s not to sound cool or exotic, it’s more because we’re lazy and can’t be bothered, especially since the person we’re talking to will understand. HOWEVER, this is like still rare because we will just speak in the language that we are more dominant in, and so will the person who we’re talking to. so it’s more accurate to think of person A talking in spanish while B is responding in english. and if one person is a strict latin parent, they’ll shun on spanglish and will correct the other.
“did you get the eggs i asked for?” “no, no los consegimos. ya se acabaron.” IS MORE ACCURATE THAN “did you get the huevos that i asked for?” “no, we didn’t find them. ya se acabaron”. BUT BOTH DO HAPPEN BETWEEN BILINGUAL PEOPLE.
TRANSLATION: “did you get the eggs that i asked for?” “no we didn’t find them. they were all out.”
yeup. anyways. so that’s my quick psa to writers if they have a latinx character. as a latina, it ALWAYS irks me to see latinx characters code switch in the same sentence while talking to non-spanish speakers like it’s so frustrating. the point of talking is to communicate so why the fuck are you babbling in spanish to people who don’T KNOW THE— *breathes in* *breathes out* okay im good. fucking signal boost this bc it’s too goddamn common.
Dead Poet Society Links (to related media)
Incomplete Masterlist of Videos (on Youtube) related to Dead Poet Society - Interviews, Behind the Scenes, Deleted Scenes, therapy, etc.
If you would like to add more, reblog or tell me so I can edit this for others <3
An Interview with the cast of The Dead Poets Society (1989) (Interview with the Poets - Venice)
Robin Williams Interview on Donahue in 1989 (Robin and the Cast- middle of the video, also their ages and acting experiences)
Dead Poets Society (Laserdisc Deleted Scenes) (Scenes we were robbed of)
Dead poets in nyc (Free Therapy)
dead poets in nyc: the allelon ruggiero outtakes (Free Therapy 2 Electric Bugaloo)
Dead Poets Society - Script to Screen (How Tom Schulman was able to get his screenplay into development)
Ethan Hawke’s kids can’t recognise him in Dead Poets Society - BBC (Ethan’s relationship with Robin Williams)
MOVIE TRAILER Action Trailer Movie | DEAD POETS SOCIETY - Actor Interviews | Club der toten Dichter (Important interviews, shows how they felt about the film, more alternate scenes mentioned by Bobby/Ethan)
Movie Trailer - The Making Of “Dead Poets Society” | Unedited Outtakes | Club der toten Dichter (Lighting Techniques on how they filmed Neil and Todd’s room)
MOVIE TRAILER - DEAD POETS SOCIETY - unedited outtakes Club der toten Dichter | Robin Willams (Scenes meant after The Play)
Dead Poets Behind the Scenes (Poets being Pallbearers, Sticks actor chillin, Found footage type)
Ethan Hawke Breaks Down his Iconic Roles (Link on Dead Poets Society Specifically, Ethan wanted to Play Neil Perry)
(Also found out “Club der toten Dichter” means Dead Poets Society in German, without google translate hahah)
I didn’t include crack vids since those are easy to find haha
These videos are important if you’re in the DPS Fandom, we must protect them with all our lives.
free therapy for the dps fandom
soooo one of my lovely besties @pretentious-strikes led me to a certain link to a certain video that, in seven minutes and fifty-six seconds, restored my will to live?
so here i declare, i have FREE THERAPY FOR THE DEAD POETS SOCIETY FANDOM and it’s this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Lv6DCkloAM
okay okay let me point out the highlights:
- 0:28—todd saying “if i ever see neil’s father again, i’m gonna kill him.” TOTALLY CALM AND OUT OF THE BLUE AND EVERYONE IS JUST LIKE “…yeah”
- 0:32-1:29—Mr. Keating showing up and LEADING THE MEETING (RECITING THOREAU AND EVERYTHING)
- 1:30-2:40—TODD READING HIS POEM TO THEM GROUP JDIDOIFJEIOWFBEJWKFJB, FOLLOWED BY EVERYONE CLAPPING AND CHEERING FOR HIM UGH SO SWEET
- 2:52-2:56—Keating hugs todd simply because HE’S PROUD OF HIM FOR READING UGH I LOVE TO SEE IT
- 3:01-3:15—um some kind of cult ritual involving random noises?
- 3:16—Todd saying “you girls have never had so much fun” towards Chris and Ginny (i think) in reference to the odd cult ritual and IT’S SO FUNNY AIDOIEF HE SOUNDS SO UN-TODD LIKE IT’S CRAZY
- 3:31-3:58—just them walking through the snowy woods singing a random song that none of them really know the words to very loudly and it’s really fucking chaotic and adorable
- 4:00-4:09—they recite a random poem/verse with keating as they slide down onto some frozen over pond with a frozen waterfall ITS SO PRETTY OH MY GOD
- 4:16-4:40—them all just sliding around on ice and yelling them THEN I SAW THE CONGO CREEPING THROUGH THE BLACK, CUTTING THROUGH THE FOREST WITH A GOLDEN TRACK thing with keating
- 4:50—the director starts to play some funky irish music and IMMEDIATELY THEY ALL START DANCING
- 5:01—Keating square dances with Meeks, Knox, and Pitts
- 5:11—Keating notices Knox and Chris dancing and leaves them be while looking at them like they’re adorable (which, in this scene alone, they are)
- 5:12-5:28—just knox and chris dancing together. i think this is the closest we ever get to seeing the most fanon version of knox on screen because they both genuinely look so happy as their dancing and jumping and spinning together. it’s actually pretty wholesome to watch
- 5:29—KNOX AND CHRIS KISS AND I KINDA FOUND IT ADORABLE IM SO SORRY BUT. SHE LOOKS HAPPY. they go back to dancing a moment later and chris is so fucking adorable i can’t
- 5:50—todd almost falls and recovers so gracefully u go babe
- 5:48-5:53—you see chris jumping and spinning by herself for a good five seconds and it’s the most adorable thing ever
- 5:52-5:58—todd and chris dance together for a brief second and it’s adorable i’m pretty sure he saves her from almost falling and she laughs about it
- 5:58-6:02—just pitts doing a lil jig and being the cutest fucking human on the planet <3
- 6:03-6:05—meeks floats across the screen for a second doing his own lil jig and it’s hilarious and adorable at the same time
- 6:10-6:12—todd square dances with ginny for a sec and it’s adorable
- 6:17-6:20—chris does a random dance move that’s adorable and pretty sexy of her if you ask me
- 6:19-6:37—they form a sudden conga line/circle and jump around for a few second UGH IT’S SO CUTE
- 6:46-7:02—they all form a line and dance in it for a good bit. you see todd dancing with ginny at the end and it’s so precious jesus christ
- 7:05-7:19—charles and ginny dancing together <3
- 7:22—todd yelling YAWP!!!!, causing a chorus of similar YAWP!!!!!s from everyone. literally my favorite part of the entire video i get so many chills oh my god
- 7:29—keating yawps from the top of the waterfall and they all yawp with him JDIEWJIFEOWJIJO
- 7:30—an adorable thumbs-up from keating
- 7:34—someone (i think todd) yells SPEECH!!! at keating and he yells back “what can i say???” in some accent and they all find it hilarious
- 7:46—keating salutes them and bows. i love that man <3
YEAH I LOVE THAT VIDEO A LOT. um i hope you like this guide to therapy and here’s a fun drinking game! take a shot every time you read the word “adorable” in this post because it happens a lot. stay carpe diem you fools <3 much love
howl for the ask thing
“Howl: what is your favorite poem?”
first off thank you for the ask anon :)
i still haven’t gotten super into poetry so i don’t have many to choose from in terms of favourites
however the thoreau poem in dps (i went to the woods etc etc) mmm i love it
also a certain friend of mine is quite the good writer imo so i’m a bit biased but i do love what they’ve shown me of their poetry
Can I ask what is the title for the anderperry fic you are working on? Is it already publish on ao3 or are you working on the whole story then you'll publish?
oh yeah!! it’s playlists-anderperry it’s already up in most of its glory it’s absolutely nowhere near done cause they’re not even together yet<3 i apologise in advance but if you end up reading it i hope you like it!! <3
Your heights. Now.
,,,,slick,,, please tell me im not stupid-
who else would i be talking about dumbass /lh
says the person who thought my post about teaching someone latin wasnt about them shut up /lh (ily)
rip to my poor meeks/pitts fic that has one chapter and i keep forgetting to update meanwhile the anderperry fic in the same universe is on chapter 17 and has like 18.000 words
starting a picrew chain bc why not
make yourself in this style x
tags (no pressure)
@moonyisastonerboy y @moonysimpp @inejsgf @pappydaddy @fer-is-alive @lesbiansforlupin @daylily-evans @rosaline-black @remusiscute @moony-andthe-stars @siriusblackkinnier and anyone else who wants to do this
Hiii thank you for the tag!
A) I couldn’t really decide if the hair was red or dark brown so just act like it’s dark brown (if it’s red)
B) I don’t normally wear my hair down but when I would go to school I did so yeah
thanks for the tag :D
americans better be rebloging the donation and help links for mexico and colombia after all the help they recieved from latin americans w their own issues
i’m not joking, after all the support usamericans have received and continue to constantly receive from latinoamerica, you really do better be helping us back, taking in count that a huge chunk of the things latinoamerica has suffered and keeps suffering to this day is because of your country’s intervention here. i’m posting some links to learn more about the current situations in mexico and colombia, but here is a carrd dedicated to the compilation of resources to aid all of latinoamerica that you SHOULD look into further and SHARE
mexico: Mexico carrd | feminicides in Mexico carrd | Mexico needs you carrd | ways to help Mexico carrd | feminicides in Mexico, a thread | ¿porque la CNDH fue tomada por mujeres? thread
think about this: a Mexican explains Mexico’s situation | thread in spanish: the situation in méxico | The Collapse
NY times article | the drought: el financiero article, Spanish
colombia: Colombian armed conflict carrd | situación en Colombia carrd, in spanish | what’s happening with bombing and children? thread | why will Colombians go out to protest from this APRIL 28? thread in English | thread with info in English | What is Happening, thread | what is happening | Colombian information carrd
that said, boost the shit out of this post and share all the links with everyone and everywhere you know. this goes to non-americans as well. we need help, people are dying, our governments are killing us.