The Altruist Hospice team focuses on enhancing the quality of life for patients with a life-limiting illness and their loved ones by developing a personalized care plan that meets each patient’s needs and wishes. We provide compassionate care for patients with a wide range of life-limiting illnesses, including but not limited to: Cancer, Heart disease, Stroke and Coma, Lung disease, Kidney disease, Liver disease, Multiple sclerosis, ALS (Lou Gehrig’s disease), Alzheimer’s disease, Dementia, Parkinson’s and AIDS.
Altruistic Hospice California, (ALTRUISTIC HOSPICE, INC.) is a hospice in Granada Hills, California. Hospice Care is a type of palliative care for terminally ill patients and support for their families. Hospice focuses on controlling pain and symptoms and generally provided at the patient’s home but it can be separate residence or part of a nursing home.
In addition to caring for the patient, Altruistic Hospice California provide excellent caregiver support. When the patient’s primary caregiver needs respite time as a relief from their responsibilities, the patient can go into short-term inpatient care. Emotional and spiritual support, as well as bereavement care and counseling are offered for up to 13 months to surviving family and friends.
Regular Hospice Services:
· Manage the patients pain and symptoms
· Provide needed medications, medical supplies, and medical equipment
· Maintain patient’s comfort, including regular assessments and support for their loved ones
· Assist patients with personal care and activities of daily living
· Instruct families on how to properly care for patients
· Deliver special services such as speech and physical therapy when needed
· Spiritual advisers or chaplains to help patients and families with questions or concerns at the end of life
· Volunteers to provide companionship and community resources to support patients and their families
· Bereavement services and counseling to help families deal with grief, which continues for up to 13 months.