4. If the car pulls up to you run in the opposite direction.
5. Walk with your keys in your hands and keep a key between each finger
6. If they put you in the trunk kick out the headlights
7. If you get lost find a woman with a child. Never ask a man for help (this one was drilled)
That scream fire piece of advice is literally life saving
8. Watch your shadows and reflections, especially if someone is walking behind you. A split second notice is better than none and will help you.
Yes this last one really saves lives y'all I do it all the time
girls have to learn to view the world like international intelligence agents just to be safe walking down the street. smh.
guys pls pls pls reblog and girls pls pls pls be safe out there. terrifying and so sad that we have to worry about this on a daily basis
(I’m an enby, but, frankly, this is helpful for anyone.)
- always tell someone where youre at and an approx time when youll be back
Add text replacement words in your phone if possible. Something short and memorable that you can send quickly to people in moments of emergencies.
I f ing hate that we need to reblog this, people suck, but this will save lives.
DO NOT SCROLL PAST
Being female fucking sucks but yes this shit is important for everyone
I’m a guy and it’s absolutely horrible that women have to live in fear like this
Enemies to lovers prompts!
- Ew, don’t smile at me, I might like you .
- Ha! Jealous? Why would I be jealous of that idiot going out with someone else? Just looking at them makes me want to puke!
- Nobody gets to be an asshole to B except me. You got that ?
- The only kiss you’re gonna get is a kiss from my fist!
- Date A?! Ha!, I’d rather drown in acid than end up with that pain in the ass!
- Wow, you finally said something sensible.
- For once, though it pains me to say this… - I agree with B.
- My eyes are up here , sweetheart.
- Shut up and kiss me.
- Do you hear that? It’s the sound of me not caring.
- Just so you know, I still hate you. This doesn’t change anything.
- Love, if I ever slept with you, those pretty legs of yours wouldn’t be able to stand.
- Oh please. You and I both know that I am your type.
- I can’t decide if I want to punch you or kiss you right now.
- Are you blushing? Gross.
- Shut up! Just…shut up!!
- I love you. You enormously stubborn pain in the ass.
- You’re nothing! Do you hear me? You mean nothing to me.
- Tell me one good reason why I should trust you.
- Say it one more time. I dare you.
- Do I look like someone who seems interested in a thing like you?
- Are you happy now huh? Are you happy you’ve finally got your revenge?!
- You finally ruined me. I hope you’re happy now.
- Just as I was starting to see you in a different light, you open that filthy mouth of yours.
- You ruined everything! And you destroyed my heart along with it!
- Look me in the eyes. Look me in the eyes and tell me you never loved me. Tell me I never meant anything to you. Go on. Break my heart again. Tell me this was all a lie.
- Go on. Leave. Like everyone else.
- Did you ever feel sorry for what you did to them? To me?
- I’ve lost count of how many times I’ve fantasied about you.
- I bet you would look even better without your clothes on.
- You promised me. You promised you wouldn’t kill them… - Then why?! Why did you kill them?!
- Betray me again and I will kill you.
- Did I stutter? Take it off.
- Beg me first.
- You know you’re a pain in the neck, but… You’re alright.
- …why did you defend me?
- Aww, that’s the nicest thing you’ve ever said to me. “ It wasn’t a compliment! ”
- So it was all a lie?! Even your so-called feelings for me?! Were you ever sincere to me at all?!
- Unfortunately, I don’t have enough middle fingers to let you know how I feel.
- Why do I like you, knowing you tried to kill me?
- Remind me to kill you. Please.
- I can’t help it, you’re fun to mess with.
- Don’t touch me! I don’t need your sympathy!
- I’m afraid I am incapable of love.
- Touch me…please…
- I’m a fool for believing someone like you could change.
- How did you get those scars? I never did those to you.
- Please don’t push me away. Not you too.
- …did you just compliment me? Oh my God, this must be a nightmare.
- You are being abused, aren’t you? Do you think I haven’t noticed the bruises and scars you always they to hide?!
- Why do you care? I thought you hated me.
- You. Are. Mine. Do you understand?
- I don’t think you want to know the kind of things I’m thinking about right now.
- * whispers in ear* did that turn you on?
- That was the saddest attempt of flirting I’ve ever seen.
- Are you that oblivious or are you trying to turn me on?
- Look me in the eyes and say it. Say that you don’t love me. I dare you.
- Do you think I don’t catch staring at me all the time? I see the way you look at me when you think I don’t notice.
- Ugh,open the windows. I don’t wanna get infected with all this stupidity/ sweetness.
- Why don’t you go ahead and try?
- I hate that I don’t hate you anymore.
- For some reason, I’m attracted to you. And I’m disgusted with myself.
- The first person to make a sound loses.
- Nothing brightens up my day than seeing you suffer.
- Ew, don’t compliment me. I might puke out my organs. ( lunch/ dinner )/ I might cringe out all my organs. / someone might think we’re friends.
- I hate the way you make me feel. I hate that you make me desire things. Things… a person like me would never dream about. You give me hope and it terrifies me.
- It’s better this way. Whatever was going between us was never destined to last.
- That kiss/ that night never happened between us.
- So… What are we? Enemies with benefits? Is that even a thing?
- I’m going to break your jaw if you keep talking.
- The only gift I would ever want to give is piercing a knife through your heart.
- Why are you being so nice to me? It’s disgusting.
- C-can you hold me? / C-can you hug me? I know you hate me but I just want to be held right now.
- I wouldn’t sleep with you even if I was paid all the money in the world!
- I- I have nowhere else to go…
- I… I think I’m in love with them and I’m terrified.
- Don’t make this harder than it already is.
- Touch a hair on their head and I will. Kill. You.
- I’m gonna harvest your balls ( /organs) if you ever hurt B, you hear me?!
- What do I have to do for you to trust me? ! What do you want me to do for you to stop shutting me out?!
- I know I don’t deserve your forgiveness. But I at least want you to know that what we had was real. There was never a moment with you where I faked my feelings. I… I truly loved you.
- I can’t lose you. Not you too.
- I thought you died! Don’t you ever scare me like that again.
- Don’t talk to A, they’re going to infect you with their venom.
- Wait- are you jealous?
- Ew, don’t hug me! I might get infected with your filthy germs.
- Me? Like you? Ha! That’s the stupidest thing I’ve ever heard.
- Fake dating? With you? Let me go home and laugh at that idea.
- Just so to remind you, we’re supposed a fake couple. I don’t want you falling for me. Don’t even think about falling in love with me.
- If you wanted to see me naked you could have just asked, you know?
Oh, for fate to force me on a quest with an esteemed rival, through some dangerous path, and, amidst our going at each other with insults and smart remarks, and for me to not see a trap ahead of me- not until he pulls me back at the last minute- and at first to be offended and demand he let go until he flirts with me for a moment before explaining how he just saved my life, and he releases me and steps over the trap I almost sprung, and as he walks past it for me to thank him, and for him to just look back at me and smile with a smile I used to find unpleasant, then to carry on with the journey.
There was a darkness within Bryndle, one that had been there for so long without her even knowing. Yet each time she lifted the corrupted blade, Bryndle felt it. Felt it and craved more.
There was only one who could understand. Could tame it with his own darkness.
Only one who could see that darkness and not be afraid.
were it so easy
can’t tell the
can’t tell if
the difference between
simple people and me
is that i find problems
where none exist
the difference between
how he anchors to your flesh
like a stranded vessel
and how i lay upon your chest
in search of treasure
leaves fissures on my brain
the difference between
canyons made by nature
and valleys mapped
in virtual space
have a hard time
accepting harsh realities
favor basic cardinalities
simple people denounce
the simple difference between
balance and extremes
simple people glance
at common themes
side-eye tye dye
cry at weddings
smash the bride’s face
host a wake for the frosting
propose a toast
proceed to roast honest feelings
to deliver moving gospel
gossip about the groom’s shoes
or how the bride’s boobs are fake
but not me
cuz i’m in the broom closet
droppin the top
to get my mind right
are never wrong
© @rated-r-archive August 11, 2021
men fabricated the idea that they are the default sex to compensate for their biological inferiority and general superfluousness
this is not just the “natural order” this is the language of a patriarchal culture
Omg no, you are wrong on so many levels and as a linguist this makes me ache something terrible. In my linguistics class in undergrad, we actually made fun of people who think like you along these lines and for good reason, because you are wholly ignorant and are choosing to spin narratives about things and fields which you know completely nothing about yet pretend you do.
- She: This word evolved naturally from Old English from seo/heo which were just words to refer to feminine-female people evolving from Proto-Germanic words meaning ‘that/there’. He as a word evolved from the same ideas but Proto-Germanic words for ‘this/here’. Your idea of “patriarchal language” further falls apart when you compare this part of English to other Germanic languages, of which English is related, the words in German for he and she are “er” and “sie”, completely unrelated. So it is by clear happenstance, not some patriarchal conspiracy that the words “he” and “she” in English have similar form.
- Woman: Oh god this one always gets my goat when people go for this one. Man did not used to mean “male”, man used to mean “humanity/human being”, the old words in Old English for male adult person and female adult person were “werman” and “wifman” respectively, we can see this relation in words like werewolf and wife as being the remnants of the base “wer-” and the base “wif-”. Woman evolved phonologically from the word “wifman” by natural processes where the ‘f’ sound dropped and the ‘i’ became lax. Man dropped its “wer” stem for reasons mostly unknown but I can guarantee have nothing to do with “patriarchy” because phonological change has no basis in that.
- Female: Male and Female actually come etymologically from two completely different words. Male comes from Old French “masle” which meant masculine, while Female came from Old French as well “femella” which meant young woman. This is another case, just like he and she, where the words coincidentally ended up looking similar without having any direct correlation in historical linguistic processes to make them as such.
- Human: This word etymologically derives from Proto-Indo-European “ghomon” which means earthly being as opposed to heavenly being which would refer to gods. You have some small glimmer of hope here in that the word does eventually branch off into the word for “man” in some languages but this is still too small of a precedent to base any conspiratorial thinking like you are doing off of.
- Person: This one offends me the most, simply because I love the fuck out of Etruscan language and your continued ignorance just irks me at this point. Person derives from “persona” from Latin which meant the same meaning, which ultimately derived from “phersu” Etruscan for ‘mask’ as Etruscans would often have theatre performers use masks to give identity to the performers. So never once did “person” have any meaning to do with “son”. So yes, this IS the “natural order” or language.
Please never proselytise your faulty ideology and misandrist thinking within speaking about word origins and morphology again, as unless you actually do fact checking, I will school the everloving hell out of you, stay in your lane.
thank god for the explanation above
you guys: long dumb post about sexism and etymology
what i see:
september is coming up so here’s your yearly reminder to leave billie joe armstrong the fuck alone
Well of course. We don’t wake him up until October 1st.
His dad is dead, just don’t.
In case anyone reading my blog is unaware, this is a reference to the Green Day song titled “Wake Me Up When September Ends” a song that Billie Joe Armstrong wrote following the death of his father in September of 1982 when Billie Joe was ten years old. The title of the song references his desire to sleep through September in an effort to get some emotional distance from the death of his father.
He’s since been open about the emotional difficulty of having written the song since many people now message him on October 1st to ‘wake him up’ despite the song being a memorial to his departed father.
It’s generally seen as respectful to not try to wake him up. Let him sleep and let him remember his father in peace.
reblogging again because the end of September is coming up. leave him alone.
Reblogging as a reminder to leave Billie Joe Armstrong the fuck alone on October 1st and any day after it if your message is going to contain anything to do with “waking” him up because September will be over.
“talking nonsense is the sole privilege mankind possesses over the other organisms” // crime and punishment
Chronic Fatigue Culture is sleeping for 8+ hours almost every night and still being too tired to shower most days.
chronic illness culture
One of the funniest failures of US school system is the fact they are legally obligated to teach us all the states but they never actually show how big Alaska is like I have actually had teachers tell me that Texas is the biggest state. We have all just convinced ourselves that Alaska is that small shrunken down thing on most US maps and the people that know it’s the largest state can almost never accurately describe how large it is.
For context here is a picture
It has a national park that’s bigger than maine. Or Switzerland. A park.
I lived in Alaska for two years and I will never get over the sheer overwhelming bigness of it.
Nights where the sky is clear you can see clusters of stars or the Northern Lights dancing. When the lights are rippling especially strong and fast you can hear a static crackle in the air. When the moon is out after it’s snowed, you don’t need flashlights to see. Everything glows and glimmers like polished quartz.
But when the sky is clouded over so you can’t see the stars, you can kind of almost sense the mountains towering over you and helping to block out the light, these giant monoliths acting like this void darker than your soul. I’ve never experience night like Alaska night.
Everything is big, the mountains, the sky, the valleys.
And the dark.
what the fuck
guess i’m moving to alaska-
Some of ya’ll need to realize than when I say enemies-to-lovers I mean high stakes shit where the characters attempt to kill or torture each other and not unproblematic crap where A and B are coworkers squabbling over a promotion or Pokémon trainers who don’t like each other
Y'all tag things as enemies-to-lovers when you mean rivals-to-lovers. Im clicking on your fic expecting one of them to have killed the other’s parents and its actually just opposing baseball teams
rivals-to-lovers and Enemies-To-Lovers have entirely different energy and that’s a fact. There is no life-threatening danger of the first. Where is the flirting with death? Where is the danger? The suspense!? THE PANACHE!?
It’s not Enemies-To-Lovers if there wasn’t at least one murder/maiming attempt in the past.