got a brand new black suit for the christmas party
got a brand new black suit for the christmas party
You know, I always liked being weird. I’ve got a million things to make me strange, from asymmetrical ears to using my ‘shiver-muscles’ to rapidly tap the stylus while playing cooking mama.
You know what I’ve never found odd? Gay people. Lesbians. I’m a lesbian, and that’s perfectly boring. It’s not bad, strange, bizarre, odd, or weird. It’s average. Plain. A sexuality like any other. Nothing much to stop the presses over. Certainly nothing that deserves a slur thats been shouted before bashings, murders, beatings, and so on. It doesn’t fit. The word is clumsey and cold and reeks of empty words when spoken softly, reeks of blood when shouted, and reeks with the wet smoke of greenwood when it’s screamed.
It’s a slur, like any other.
Another word for “inhuman.”
people who comment on fics just to say that they are re-reading and still cried/felt emotions/loved it are the greatest people on earth and should be given a thousand dollars.
addition: people who comment on fics to say that they are not even in this fandom and didn’t know the characters at all but read it anyway and loved it are also the greatest people on earth and should also be given a thousand dollars.
i honestly don’t know who thomas sanders is, i just assume he’s related to bernie
ao3′s orphaning option is cool and a good idea but mostly very fucking funny. i posted this work for fun when i was younger and i still want people to be able to come back to it if they liked it, but now im an adult professional and i dont want it attached to my name. whats the word for that? umm, anonymously posting? no. i want something that indicates i murdered this story’s parents
technically the story’s parents faked their own death and disappeared to go have an office job, and that’s even funnier
Sorry kids, you’re on your own now.
This is literally my fourth or fifth time reblogging this.
It’s still hillarious.
One of my favorite lines
I kinda feel like the writers wrote this line specifically to drive the kind of fans who want to figure out how sci-fi tech would theoretically work crazy. They’re like “nope! We’re not going to give you any techno babble to tear apart or investigate or mull over to tell us how we’re doing it wrong, or how it compares in effectiveness to similar tech in other franchises.”
I also feel like this is one of those times when the TARDIS’s translation circuit just gave the fuck up. Like the ‘physics physics physics’ scene, where he is imparting secrets of the universe and the TARDIS is like THERE ARE NO WORDS FOR THIS IN ENGLISH DAMN IT DOCTOR OH HELL FUCK IT.
OH MY GODS she TOTALLY edits his speech. I be he actually swears a fuckton but the TARDIS is like THERE ARE CHILDREN
I’M LAUGHING FOR LIKE 5 DAYS OMFG STOP
omfg its back
This is why she bit him.
weird how the US is wider than it is tall but more emphasis is put on north vs s- hang on nvm forgot abt the civil war. yeah thats a valid reason to emphasise that
Perfection is a false god that should never be worshipped. You will never be able to achieve it because while the concept exists, the reality does not. What’s “perfect” today will be full of errors once you learn and grow and experience new things.
The first draft of your writing isn’t supposed to be perfect. It’s not even supposed to be good. The first draft of your writing is like primer on the wall. It’s the foundation, the base of what you’re going to build. Once you’ve got your draft, you have the basic frame of the story. It’s through the editing process that the walls go up and then the floors. You’ll add another storey or two and eventually get to the roof. More edits will give you doors and windows. Even more will get you furniture and decoration.
You can stop at any time in the process and you can come back later, even after you post, and make changes.
Don’t hold yourself to an impossible standard. No one’s writing is perfect. That’s not a good goal to set for yourself. Choose one or two things to work on in any particular story, but don’t try to do it all and certainly not all at once. You’ll only feel like you’re failing, even when you’re doing better than you ever have before.
Be kinder to yourself. Treat yourself gently. Allow yourself the space to play without the pressure of harsh personal critique. You can’t improve if you can’t practice, so tell yourself that everything is practice. No one is judging you except you. ❤
TIL that the word Hello only began being used as a greeting when the telephone was invented, credited as a suggestion by Thomas Edison to be used when answering the phone. Alexander Graham Bell, his competitor, preferred Ahoy.
They took ahoy from us
another cringe moment from edison himself
Don’t know if we can look at Coke every the same way again. Be prepared to cringe when you watch the full video here.
sugar caramelizes when heated, more shocking news to follow
It’s like that guy setting coffee creamer on fire and being like “people drink this stuff!” and it’s like yeah, a dry powder suspended in air is flammable, shock horror.
Never show these guys how candy is made, they’ll shit themselves.
*quietly facepalms forever*
I hate when people try to prove foods are unhealthy using properties utterly unrelated to their value as foods. You can make anything sound gross if you want to.
Did you know that salt is the same chemical we use to defrost sidewalks?!?!
Did you know that water is a major component in pig urine?!?!
Did you know that bread is made of wheat that has been ground into a powder and artificially reconstituted into a loaf shape using a fungus?!?!
Did u know that oxygen is what Hitler used to breathe?????
Bless all this
some of you think belonging to a minority group means you cant do anything wrong and it shows
some of you are inventing minority groups you can be a part of to do this
and it shows
some of you are shoehorning yourself into minority groups that you literally oppress
and it shows
You know who’s real awesome and doesn’t get nearly enough praise?
He went from a child with some ‘unique’ fashion choices to a character with his own goals, accomplishments, and sense of identity.
Nor the Battle to the Strong is the standout Jake episode for me. He was shown to have flaws and weaknesses under pressure but that it was perfectly okay. He’s a genuinely good person.
Not to mention that he stayed behind on DS9 when the Dominion took it over so he could report on what was happening!
By the end of the series, he grew well out of the ‘child character’ slot and became an integral part of the show dynamic.
I’m usually not a fan of children as part of an ensemble cast for a show like this. Not only did DS9 made it work, but Jake’s also one of my faves!
[Image Description: Tags reading “it seems like a cute fluffy fanfiction until you read the tags, like wow could you really commit murder?, but then again this is a ‘verse where buses flip over on small children, and one loses an eye, and people kill pets, so why not flat-out murder”]Art Prompt: Create a poster advertising an assassin-for-hire company with the slogan “Why not flat-out murder?”
I wasn’t sure how to say this, and I’m a little worried it may come across wrong, but I guess I should just get it out here in the open.
I am NOT the leader of the menstrual cult.
There is no leader of the menstrual cult.
The whole point was supposed to be women listening to their own bodies.
The “oracle” thing was just referring to anyone who scrys their menstrual blood. I thought this would be assumed by most people. I realized my error when I got an…offering, this morning. It’s a very nice digital painting, and I like it a lot, but it revealed that I had definitely sent the wrong signals somewhere. I thought it would be best to nip this in the bud right now and repeat that I am not the leader of the menstrual cult, and that there is no leader of the menstrual cult. That’s why I’ve been trying really hard to get other women to post blood oracles, to make it clear that any woman can be one. My vagina is not any more special than yours. I blame myself for not making this clear enough, and I will take immediate steps to make sure the message is clear:
I am not the leader of the menstrual cult.
There is no leader of the menstrual cult.
A blood oracle is any woman who predicts the future through her own menstrual blood.
This is a way bigger problem than people seem to realize, and sales reps for cable companies will set up an account in a child’s name knowing full well they’re under 18. Just to get a sale.
Every cable company has a fraud department, if this happened to you call customer service for the company your account was opened with and file a complaint. They are required by law to expunge the debt.
I will always reblog this shit when I see it. Why? Because this happened to me when I first moved out on my own and would have ruined my life if I didn’t have supportive friends and roommates with better credit scores. My mom ran up a ton of bills in my name and got a hold of an unused checkbook of mine, writing checks on an account I never touched anymore. I moved out on my own and found I had a credit score in the 300s and tons of debt. I was already homeless at the time; luckily I was moving into an apartment with a friend with a much higher credit score and enough money in savings to cover the subsequent security deposits, trusting me to pay her back since she knew me already and knew I had a job.
How to fix this:
1. Cut that asshole out of your life. You don’t need someone who doesn’t give a shit that they’ve ruined your adult life. If they say they’re sorry, let’s be real - they’re probably not. They’re just fucking sorry they got caught. Fuck them.
2. Pull a yearly credit report (for free at annualcreditreport.com) and consider paying out the money to lock down your credit so people need to get approval before opening a new line of credit in your name.
3. Write the companies for more information on the debt and to dispute it, letting them know that it’s an identity theft issue. If you were underage at the time, they will need some sort of proof but they will have to remove it. Do all of this via Certified Mail with Return Receipt. Keep all documentation including copies of letters, tracking numbers, etc. well organized. I recommend scanning everything as well and saving copies onto some sort of cloud storage just in case anything happens to your physical copies (but definitely keep those physical copies as well, *at least* for eleven years after disputing. Sometimes those debts sneak back on there two or three years later. Sometimes you have to get lawyers involved if any of those companies take you to court. Lawyers will want physical copies of your physical copies if possible.)
4. Report it to the police and FTC (for the Americans in the crowd.) If you’ve moved out of the same county/state that your parent lives in or that you lived in at the time, this may get tricky af. If the local police department is overloaded and understaffed, they’ll try to push you off to another county. Be patient and persistent. File in as many places as you can. Yes, identity theft is a crime. There is a chance that your parent will be arrested, particularly if they have priors. You’ve got to be prepared to do what you have to do. A lot of times it does go unpunished though. I know in my case it did. My mom continues to do this with others in her life. The police have done nothing and she’s not learned her lesson at all. At least my credit score is mostly fixed though. You can access the FTC’s identity theft information here: https://www.identitytheft.gov/
5. If you’ve been taken to court on anything, you will need to get a lawyer. If you’re low income, check with the local or state bar association to see what options you have for a free or discounted legal service. If you are a college student, even part time, you may have access to free legal services through your college. If you have to pay to hire an attorney, it is worth the cost to dispute it. Depending on how much debt it is and what state it occurred in, you could be stuck with that for 20 years. There’s also a chance that they can take anything you own (like your car) to cover that debt if you live in the same state. Get it cleared out. You do not want your life to be a total fucking disaster all the way into your late 30s/early 40s. (And trust me - if you don’t get your credit cleared up, it will be. You will be disqualified from certain jobs - even some retail positions! You will struggle to get housing. Everything you do that involves credit will cost more money - turning on electricity, getting an apartment, getting your own cell phone account, buying a car, getting vehicle or renters insurance…
Until everything is fixed, there is definitely a feeling that the entire world is out to get you and that you will never get caught up. Please stay on top of this and get that shit straightened out.
I’m not a lawyer so my info only comes from my own personal experience and not any sort of actual training in this. However, if anyone is going through this and ever wants to talk to someone who has been there before, feel free to hit me up. Again, not a lawyer so can’t really give legal advice but am always happy to give support and remind you to drop toxic people from your life, no matter who they are or how they’re related to you.
You can also get free ongoing credit monitoring via Credit Karma.
Seconding. Credit Karma is free, they don’t harass you, an it’s an easy way to keep an eye on your credit scores. They cover 2 of the 3 big credit monitoring companies.
They also have a section where it will recommend credit cards to you that you are likely to get approved for. This is where they make their money, yes, but it is ALSO a good place to find cards so you can start to build an actual credit history. That was my problem, but I’m slowly solving it, and my credit is improving.
why do Man Hips make dudes look like a poorly designed action figure with detachable limbs