20/5/2020 | Made it home from uni with all my plants
it’s only the first week of school and i can be slow to start sometimes, but my grades in french aren’t the best and it stresses me the fuck out. i know i can pull it together with proper practice. i really enjoy reading the first out loud which is a first for any language. in german, i felt like i was doing everything wrong and like i was making a statement when i did it anyway which is a lot more stressful than it sounds, with spanish i feel like it’s a job, and with japanese i get done with quickly because it’s a puzzle and while the handwriting portion of japanese is extremely fun, i feel like i’m voice acting when i do the vocal part and it’s psychologically disturbing for me. i’m still determined to become fluent in all four languages, however i think french is the doorway for me to actually enjoy all of it. which is a pill that’s hard to swallow because i have like a D in the class and it’s been three days. i’ll be fine probably. school is coming with a lot of baggage this year and i don’t really have that much support in real life so, i put effort in my three main social media accounts to try to make up for it. it’s awful. i want there to be a huge payoff for the amount of stress i am in. it seriously isn’t fair. i don’t want to go into terrible detail on my tumblr. i usually post that kind of stuff on my instagram story, or instagram in general sense i see instagram as less professional, oddly enough.
i kinda am starting to isolate myself because the two people i hang out with in real life don’t really listen to me. they aren’t bad people, but they aren’t doing anything to help me right now so i am just retracting. i wish i was rich so i could move into a trailer, buy like four more pets and fifty more plants, paint the walls up and down, and have a creatively stocked closet and a fully stocked beauty cabinet. it sounds shallow i know. i’d just be happier because i’d be isolated with all of my hobbies and no one to tell me how to live or feel. i really want like minded friends with hobbies and direction and their lives. i feel like i’m drowning. if i had that i probaby wouldn’t feel so awful. having a personal trailer to my own description would fix most of the same feelings but i’d still have that gap in my soul.
i know my reasoning is stable, because i have habits that keep me in check. i am keeping my habits that normally make my emptiness go away, but the feelings are intensifying. i tried caffeine already. normally it does the trick but i went right back to how i was feeling beforehand. i thought having my paycheck flowing would fix some amount of it, it didn’t, i’m just feeling worse. i have everything i could want in my life without feeling guilty, i can reason that cleaning won’t help anything, just release some endorphins that will last a solid half hour as i already know from experience. i’ll save that for later. maybe my depression state has worstened.
28 may 2020
i missed a deadline for four things for my french class. i cried/screamed for like an hour. i couldn’t help it. i’ve already been dealing with my stress that’s just been getting worse. there’s not enough time to do ‘more’ of anything i do to make myself feel better. screaming helps so i did it. i’m so mad. there’s no way i was going to finish everything on time the first week of school. i just started a new job that gave me 39 hours this week. i love the idea of having money because i need books/codes for school, food, and gas to get to work more than i need a 100% all that matters to me is that i do better this semester than last semester. i plan on doing that at least.
i think every semester has gotten ‘better’ but i still can’t say i’m proud of my progress. i don’t have to try very hard at all to pass. i must have a smart-person thought process or at least to some extent. i with a couple more semesters of practice, i’ll be ready to transfer with confidence. it gives me time to earn scholarships and save for tuition anyway.
I also want to move out as soon as possible. I plan on living with my mom for another year or so before actually moving out. i’ll be making real preparations for moving out in around eight to ten months from now. also, i’ll make preparations for those preparations every day until then.
today just hasn’t been good. i want to study but i’m too exhausted, but too stressed to sleep
I read poetry today! It feels good going back to reading non-academic materials. I’ll be back to studying tomorrow and I hope I don’t procrastinate. Hoping for a very productive weekend.
I’m getting used to my improvised stylus!!!
04.05.20 | 16:28 | 1/30 Days of Productivity
Started the (woolly) mammoth undertaking of organising my notes and essays from the past 2 years so I can put them up for download today. Feels like a good time to try a productivity challenge again. 🤓
my favorite pictures from my first trip to california a few years a go
packed a healthy lunch
put away clean clothes
made my bed
took a shower
braided my hair
cared for my skin
brushed my teeth
fed my fish
put out a literal fire
changed my snail’s water
gave my dog a bowl of soup
spent a few minutes with family
began setting up my french online class
do you ever have those phases in your life where nothing is enough unless you’re doing something but you don’t know what it is? that’s my mood the past few days
24.05.20 // 30/100 days of productivity
my brain feels frazzled after just a few days of decent productivity. its probably an autistic/adhd thing that i get burnt out so easily but i’m so tired of it, does anyone have any (not-obvious) tips for not burning out?
0520 / gave myself a day off because i have been studying too much. i want to redo my schedule because i want to try out a different way of studying norwegian but that won’t feel too tiring for me. regardless, i really love the language and everything about the culture so far seems very interesting!
Herkese merhabaaalar bende durumlar boyle konusmak istedigim konular var mesela
- Cilt bakimi
- Saglikli beslenme
- Planlayici kullanma
Gibi zaman ayirabildigim zaman kendi deneyimlerimi paylasicam bana once hangisini istediginizi mesaj atabilirsiniz. Herkese kolay gelsinn ❤
Hello to everyone. There are topics I want to talk about such as minimalism, skin care, healthy nutrition, using planners, sports and yoga. I want to share my own experiences when I have time. After completing these titles, I can make another list. you can write which topic you want me to start with.❤
good work everyone.
i think i woke up on the wrong side of the bed. i’m in an awful mood and temerament today. Everything feels prickly. School starts in two days, i hate my skin at the moment, i want to have at lest a sneak peak of my payoff from working out this week since i already had to increase the weight that i lift. idk why i’m so depressed today. i’ve been doing everything right.
i have a lot of hobbies. i bet you can’t even imagine.
There is a really interesting blog called “Fluent Forever” that aids foreign language learners in tricks, tips and techniques to guide them to achieving fluency “quickly” and efficiently. One of the tricks is to learn these 625 vocab words in your target language, that way you have a basis to start delving into grammar with ease as you can understand a lot of vocab right off the bat. Plus this list of words are common across the world and will aid you in whatever language you are learning. Here is the list in thematic order :
• Animal: dog, cat, fish, bird, cow, pig, mouse, horse, wing, animal
• Transportation: train, plane, car, truck, bicycle, bus, boat, ship, tire, gasoline, engine, (train) ticket, transportation
• Location: city, house, apartment, street/road, airport, train station, bridge, hotel, restaurant, farm, court, school, office, room, town, university, club, bar, park, camp, store/shop, theater, library, hospital, church, market, country (USA, France, etc.), building, ground, space (outer space), bank, location
• Clothing: hat, dress, suit, skirt, shirt, T-shirt, pants, shoes, pocket, coat, stain, clothing
• Color: red, green, blue (light/dark), yellow, brown, pink, orange, black, white, gray, color
• People: son, daughter, mother, father, parent (= mother/father), baby, man, woman, brother, sister, family, grandfather, grandmother, husband, wife, king, queen, president, neighbor, boy, girl, child (= boy/girl), adult (= man/woman), human (≠ animal), friend (Add a friend’s name), victim, player, fan, crowd, person
• Job: Teacher, student, lawyer, doctor, patient, waiter, secretary, priest, police, army, soldier, artist, author, manager, reporter, actor, job
• Society: religion, heaven, hell, death, medicine, money, dollar, bill, marriage, wedding, team, race (ethnicity), sex (the act), sex (gender), murder, prison, technology, energy, war, peace, attack, election, magazine, newspaper, poison, gun, sport, race (sport), exercise, ball, game, price, contract, drug, sign, science, God
• Art: band, song, instrument (musical), music, movie, art
• Beverages: coffee, tea, wine, beer, juice, water, milk, beverage
• Food: egg, cheese, bread, soup, cake, chicken, pork, beef, apple, banana, orange, lemon, corn, rice, oil, seed, knife, spoon, fork, plate, cup, breakfast, lunch, dinner, sugar, salt, bottle, food
• Home: table, chair, bed, dream, window, door, bedroom, kitchen, bathroom, pencil, pen, photograph, soap, book, page, key, paint, letter, note, wall, paper, floor, ceiling, roof, pool, lock, telephone, garden, yard, needle, bag, box, gift, card, ring, tool
• Electronics: clock, lamp, fan, cell phone, network, computer, program (computer), laptop, screen, camera, television, radio
• Body: head, neck, face, beard, hair, eye, mouth, lip, nose, tooth, ear, tear (drop), tongue, back, toe, finger, foot, hand, leg, arm, shoulder, heart, blood, brain, knee, sweat, disease, bone, voice, skin, body
• Nature: sea, ocean, river, mountain, rain, snow, tree, sun, moon, world, Earth, forest, sky, plant, wind, soil/earth, flower, valley, root, lake, star, grass, leaf, air, sand, beach, wave, fire, ice, island, hill, heat, nature
• Materials: glass, metal, plastic, wood, stone, diamond, clay, dust, gold, copper, silver, material
• Math/Measurements: meter, centimeter, kilogram, inch, foot, pound, half, circle, square, temperature, date, weight, edge, corner
• Misc Nouns: map, dot, consonant, vowel, light, sound, yes, no, piece, pain, injury, hole, image, pattern, noun, verb, adjective
• Directions: top, bottom, side, front, back, outside, inside, up, down, left, right, straight, north, south, east, west, direction
• Seasons: Summer, Spring, Winter, Fall, season
• Numbers: 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 30, 31, 32, 40, 41, 42, 50, 51, 52, 60, 61, 62, 70, 71, 72, 80, 81, 82, 90, 91, 92, 100, 101, 102, 110, 111, 1000, 1001, 10000, 100000, million, billion, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, number
• Months: January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December
• Days of the week: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday
• Time: year, month, week, day, hour, minute, second , morning, afternoon, evening, night, time
• Verbs: work, play, walk, run, drive, fly, swim, go, stop, follow, think, speak/say, eat, drink, kill, die, smile, laugh, cry, buy, pay, sell, shoot(a gun), learn, jump, smell, hear (a sound), listen (music), taste, touch, see (a bird), watch (TV), kiss, burn, melt, dig, explode, sit, stand, love, pass by, cut, fight, lie down, dance, sleep, wake up, sing, count, marry, pray, win, lose, mix/stir, bend, wash, cook, open, close, write, call, turn, build, teach, grow, draw, feed, catch, throw, clean, find, fall, push, pull, carry, break, wear, hang, shake, sign, beat, lift
• Adjectives: long, short (long), tall, short (vs tall), wide, narrow, big/large, small/little, slow, fast, hot, cold, warm, cool, new, old (new), young, old (young), good, bad, wet, dry, sick, healthy, loud, quiet, happy, sad, beautiful, ugly, deaf, blind, nice, mean, rich, poor, thick, thin, expensive, cheap, flat, curved, male, female, tight, loose, high, low, soft, hard, deep, shallow, clean, dirty, strong, weak, dead, alive, heavy, light (heavy), dark, light (dark), nuclear, famous
• Pronouns: I, you (singular), he, she, it, we, you (plural, as in “y’all”), they.
The original blogpost I copied this list from (it includes more tips & tricks to learning vocab) : https://fluent-forever.com/the-method/vocabulary/base-vocabulary-list/
I’m going to be making my own vocab lists using these words for my target languages of Korean, Mandarin Chinese, Japanese and Thai. I’ll be posting the vocab by theme on my blog, so make sure to follow me https://asian-lang-stubyblr.tumblr.com if you are interesting in seeing those!
some original content right here lol
it can only improve.