me in front of the mirror: you fat pig. disgusting pile of fat. look at yourself. starve bitch
the sane part of my brain:
Hey, I know it’s hard when you’re really overweight and you’re struggling to feel motivated with your progress. A big thigh gap and bony hands are a long way off still, so it can feel impossible.
Here are some things you’ll earn before you get those things I haven’t seen mentioned before:
(From a girl who started at 230 lbs and is currently at 170 (6'0" tall tho, so…))
1. Pants will stop thinning in the crotch. Even without a thigh gap, the “chub rub” goes away.
2. Your knees won’t brush together when you walk. Even if they do when you stand straight. It feels awesome to not feel them.
3. Sleeping on your side will be more uncomfortable. Your ankles and knees will press together uncomfortably. (Put a pillow/blanket between them or stretch out!)
4. Seatbelts are also more uncomfortable. You might not have KILLER collarbones yet, but the moment you have any, you’ll feel it against the seatbelt.
5. Clothes will become consistent. I might have to wear size medium shirts and I cant fit a small, but ANY size medium shirt will fit me. I’m sure some peoples proportions will be different, but this one was really nice for me, since I was never 100% on my sizes at 230 and it was anything from a L to 2X.
6. You might not be stick thin yet, but you’ll be able to slip through smaller and smaller gaps. Every time I slide between people or things and I dont touch them despite the gap having looked small, I have a little mini party in my head. I am not a thin girl yet, either.
7. And lastly, even if you haven’t lost as much weight as you want to, your features will get bigger! As the puffiness in your cheeks and jaw goes away, your eyes and mouth begin to look bigger and fuller. (In a very good way!)
So I know its hard! I know wanting to be thin can consume your focus and make what you have seem worthless, but there are steps along the way that are just as exciting and validating. People you meet won’t have known you at your highest (people were surprised to hear how overweight I’d been and didn’t even believe me until they saw pictures!) And they’ll say stuff like “but you look fit/thin/” instead of “but you don’t look fat” when you complain about stuff (still a lie, but the language change is nice!)
Please stay safe. I did MOST of my weightloss in a healthy way before getting absolutely wrecked with obsession. All of these good things are achievable without hurting yourself.
Stay positive, stay safe. :*
okay but if it doesn’t count as a binge if I make myself walk 40 minutes to and from the shops right???
then it’s just “rewarding myself for exercise” right????
1) We don’t want to talk to you.
2) We don’t want to pause our music to talk to you.
3) We don’t even talk to each other on the phone — why would we want to talk to you?
But the biggest reason is A TRAIL. If I e-mail you back, you can see what was said in the future. You can’t tell me I forgot to tell you something because it’s right there. You can’t tell me I “never reached out” because we can both SEE it. I don’t have to trust your recollection.
And, in a group inbox, you can see who has been responded to. I got forwarded a voicemail from my supervisor (through e-mail! imagine that!) asking me to call some lady back for clarification. So I did, against my will of course…and she said somebody had called her yesterday.
Who? When? What did y’all talk about? Is follow-up necessary?
Phone calls back and forth only work in a workflow where the standard procedure is to *log* phone calls in a shared system with a brief summary of what was discussed. Otherwise, y’all need to let us e-mail. It’s not just about a generation gap. It’s also about efficiency.
Thanks for coming to my TED Talk. Any feedback can be proffered via e-mail.
Also: let’s keep it real – we multi-task better than you do. If I’m on the phone with you, I’m FORCED to do that ONE thing and put whatever you want above all the other things I could’ve been doing. If you e-mail me, I can research what you want (while doing other things), find the solution (while doing other things), and offer it to you in a nice concise package (while doing other things) without sitting on the phone with you in awkward silence looking for the answer to whatever you think is urgent. (It’s not urgent. You’re not dying. I know it’s not urgent.)
OP is being kind in saying “i don’t have to trust your recollection.” people straight up lie, especially customers.
🍓1000kcal limit (because i naturally burn around 1300kcal just functioning, not including steps and workouts, so i need to be in a calorie deficit)
🍓workout everyday and work on muscle building
🍓at least 5k steps everyday
🍓1-2L water everyday
🍓chew gum when craving
🍓no snacks between meals
🍓never purge or binge
🍓never under 200kcal a day or multiple days fasting
🍓daily calorie count and food log (private)
🍓weekly body checking and progress pics
🍓weekly thinspo/fatspo (tumblr/youtube)
🍓hot lemonwater or green tea every morning and night if i can
🍓self love and kindness always <3
Need to focus again so rules:
- Small bites, no forkfuls of food, bite by bite, chew slowly and thoroughly
- no swallowing whole bites of food, must be completely chewed
- Sit and wait, if you feel not hungry, you’re done
- No getting full
- Chew slow and get all the flavor then spit out if you don’t want it
- Remember! You can always spit out if you don’t like it or feel you’re getting full
In the words of my idol: “I don’t like food, I love it. If I don’t love it, I don’t swallow”
Things to do instead of binging:
- clean your room
- play mobile/computer games
- chew gum
- look for/buy clothes (ex/ shein, boohoo etc)
- try on your clothes
- play with your hair — try new hairstyles/style it
- take a shower
- socialize! — talk to your friends and family
- do your skincare
- brush your teeth
- bleach your teeth
- put on a facemask
- look at thinspo
- snap/message people
- take pictures of your body
- get ready and go out and take pictures
- do your makeup
- fix your nails
- recreate a makeup look/outfit from pinterest
- make some tik toks
- scroll on tik tok
- watch your favorite show
- watch some youtube
- draw fake tattoos on yourself (trust me it’s fun)
- do a real tattoo or a stick and poke (BE SAFE)
- drink diet soda
- drink water
- go to sleep
- take a sleeping pill
- do some gel/acrylic nails (professionally or by yourself)
- change your bed covers
- listen to some music
- go on yubo/tinder just for fun
- read/listen to a book
- go out for a walk or to the city
- go to a centrum
- go to a friends house
- facetime a friend
- do your laundry
- throw away clothes you don’t use anymore
- do a hair mask
- wax your legs
- shave your whole body
- bake something low cal
- redecorate your room
…and if you really are hungry:
- MAKE A MEAL!! better than snacking since you’re much more likely to start binging if you snack
Ahahahahahhahaha why can I not drink water
That’s like weight loss number one
I’m addicted to energy drinks and I’ll down 3 a day but I can’t drink a litre of fucking water
One minor inconvenience away from an only fans or an eating disorder at all times
💗How to avoid binge eating 💗
- drink water / tea / hot lemon water
- take a shower / take a bath
- go for a walk
- study / do your homework
- clean the house
- do the laundry
- call a friend
- look at thinspo
- read a book
- watch your favourite tv show / movie / series
- do your nails
- try new hairstyles
- brush your teeth
- listen to music
- try something new with makeup
- plan cute outfits you could wear when you’ve reached your gw
- play with your cat / dog / hamster / crocodile
- write down your goals
- water your plants
- redecorate your room / apartment / house
- shave / wax
- draw something
- try to learn something new (dancing, handstand, drawing, knitting..)
- taking a nap / go to bed (depends what time it is)
- put some cute outfits together
- eat something small and low caloric
- change your sheets
- do a face mask
- play a video game
- watch some youtube videos
- clean your wardrobe and throw out old clothes/ clothes you don’t wear anymore
- brush and braid your hair
i will add stuff to this. Stay safe and feel free to add something too 💕