Daily #2,367! Some days I just worry. A lot.
Thinking of all women and their unrecognized physical and emotional labor this Labor Day.
From my collection, She Dreams When She Bleeds: Poems About Periods. Available on Amazon worldwide. Link in my bio.
Words by Nikki Tajiri @nikkitajiri on Tumblr and Instagram.
but people who tag abortion information on the “pregnancy” tag really take away from my excitement and happiness about my pregnancy. I am happy you all are making your choices but please don’t ruin my happy pregnancy positivity with your political agenda. Just tag “abortion” or “politics” or whatever else…I support your rights but allow peace in the pregnancy thread. people who look up pregnancy are looking for pregnancy info or inspiration … not politics and negativity. they would have looked up abortion if they were looking for help there.
“Maybe love stays. Maybe love can’t. Maybe love shouldn’t. Love arrives exactly when love is supposed to. And love leaves exactly when love must. When love arrives, say, ‘Welcome. Make yourself comfortable.’ If love leaves, ask her to leave the door open behind her. Turn off the music, listen to the quiet. Whisper, ‘Thank you for stopping by.’”
— Sarah Kay & Phil Kaye; When Love Arrives
Umm sorry if this looks a bit stalker, but I saw you shared a post I did a while back and I saw your profile and saw you are having a difficult time. I know it may not mean much coming from an stranger, but I know how that is, and I just want to tell you that even tho it looks like it will never end, it does! Not magically, but day by day it gets a bit easier. Some days you will go back down, but remember to always look up and don’t give up!
💕 thank you I appreciate you - you’re a great person to go out of your way to help a stranger - I am doin g much better but have my days like all people do. Thank you for this. It made my week 💕
“I wish I was the one keeping you up at night. Why couldn’t you love me the way you love her?”
— you’re still the one who keeps me up at night
I’d rather be the one that can make you sleep soundly, forgetting all your worries, calming down your heartbeat.
1. Make sure you spend time alone together.
2. Appreciate each other, and express your gratitude. Don’t take them for granted – or you may regret it later!
3. Major on communicating openly and honestly (share and talk about everything).
4. Don’t let offenses and irritations become huge resentments – which build a wall between you.
5. Get a handle on your jealousy. Be open and confront it in a real and honest way.
6. Allow your partner to be a flawed human being. Don’t expect them to be perfect, or to please you all the time.
7. Show affection, and demonstrate you care.
8. Let go of your need to be seen as being right; and don’t be stubborn or demand your own way.
9. Don’t forget that this applies to your platonic and familial relationships as well.