Comedians standing up for LGBT history and rights to be taught in British schools. (x)
a lot of people to this day think that a professional ice skater did those skating scenes from i, tonya (2017) but it was all margot robbie… she literally trained five days a week for five months and her skating coach was astonished with her progress AND SHE DIDNT EVEN GET NOMINATED FOR HER ROLE like her 3D head scans were taken and then were superimposed on her doubles’ faces when they skated close to the camera but for someone to train 5 times a week for 5 months… SHE HAS THE RANGEEEE
margot robbie apparently got a herniated disc in her neck during training for this role, but didn’t notice until a week into shooting when her arms started going numb??? margot robbie also practically became a fucking gymnast for the role of harley quinn, doing the scene where she runs up the sides and ceiling of an elevator in heels on her own without a harness.
the academy awards:
Margot Robbie Deserves Better
This is actually what method acting is.
Maybe some dude bros in Hollywood should write it down.
Time to start a “Margot Robbie deserves an Oscar” meme
Women: *run up the side of buildings and train like an Olympic athlete* method acting
Men: *act like fucked up mysoginsitic jerks who terrorize others* method acting
“lifting will make you unfeminine”
“strong girls aren’t cute”
For all the wlws and others out there
THIS IS HER. THIS IS THE GIRL. I SAW THIS GIFSET, LIKE A DECADE AGO WHEN I WAS A TEEN AND THIS IS THE GIRL THAT MADE ME REALIZE I ALSO LIKE GIRLS.
here are some threads on twitter who are willing to help if you are in need of resources or are asking for some in DC right now
police literally dragged disabled protestors out of the capitol when they were doing a sit-in for healthcare and teargassed + shot blm protestors marching for human rights but try to deescalate and take selfies w armed insurrectionists and people still want to act like the police don’t exist specifically to enforce oppressive systems
When I was younger I used to be part of the “only-reads-complete-fics crowd” but as I’m getting older I’m realizing how powerful it can be to have consistent things to look forward to…
All the ppl in the tags laughing abt how fic updates aren’t consistent are cowards. I aim to be subbed to at least 365 fics. One for each day of the year. And that’s just my starting point. Your inbox? Empty. Barren. Fallow. Mine? Bountiful. Overflowing. A cornucopia of ripe treats awaiting my tender consumption. I wade through honey-rich excess while you starve of your own volition.
“I wade through honey-rich excess while you starve of your own volition”.
This line is the sexiest way to say “You fucked up” that I have ever read. I have to start using this in my life when pointing out the follies of others.
I did this and now my hubris has left me mired in a swamp of fic chapters as I look through the updates of five time travel fix-it fics and try to remember which plot details are from the one I’m about to catch up on. I ave had to reread so many fics. Whether this is a problem is left as an exercise for the reader.
transwomen donation masterlist
aka for every transphobe i had to interact with i found a link to help donate to trans women. you can definitely send me more because i bet im gonna need more.
- trans women of color collective
- homeless black transwomen
- black transwoman transition fund
- help a transwoman escape yemen
- save the gully queens of jamaica
- memorial fund for bree black
- transwoman of color seeking housing
- memorial fund for chyna gibson
- black transwoman gender affirmation fund
- transition fund
- medical funds (tw: r*pe)
- poc transwoman transition fund
- transition fund
- support trans asylum seekers (usage of q***r)
- major surgery transitional fund
- medical support (diabetic coma)
- transitional funds
- trans pride march
- hrt fundraiser
- reentry fund (help with housing, clothing, etc)
- transitional surgery
- transition fund
- memorial fund for lisa bryk (tw s*icide mention in description)
- transitional fund
- bottom surgery fund
- help two transwomen get on their feet
- supports transwomen of color in legal system (and reentry)
- help a transwoman escape a bad household
- support a transwoman after being attacked
- help for medical treatments + better living
Why not both
[img description: black text on a white background, pulled from a larger list. Included text is transcribed below]
“…People with ADHD cope with this huge emotional elephant in two main ways, which are not mutually exclusive.
1. They become people pleasers. They scan every person they meet to figure out what that person admires and praises. Then, that’s the false self they present. Often this becomes such a dominating goal that they forget what they actually wanted from their own lives. They are too busy making sure other people aren’t displeased with them.
2. They stop trying. If there is the slightest possibility that a person might try something new and fail or fall short in front of anyone else, it’s just too painful and too risky to even consider. So, these people just don’t. these are the very bright, capable people who become the slackers of the world and do absolutely nothing with their lives because making any effort is so anxiety-provoking. They give up going on dates, applying for jobs, or speaking in meetings.”
(and the first has been tied to why women don’t get diagnosed properly bc we already expect women to behave that way)
This is… wow
My ELEVEN-YEAR-OLD sister has to do her mandatory school work remotely from home because of lockdown. Tonight, my mum and I discovered that the app she has to use for class contains
Let me repeat that: microtransactions being put into an app that my little sister needs to use to receive her school assignments and participate in her education.
Basically, this is an app where the teacher uploads assignments for kids to do and every kid has a little monster that they use as an avatar in the virtual classroom. You can unlock new skins and customise your monster but it costs REAL MONEY.
Kids don’t need this kind of peer pressure. They already have to deal with these god damn transactions in all of their video games. They don’t need this in their VIRTUAL CLASSROOM APPS.
PLEASE STOP PREYING ON CHILDREN WHO ARE TRYING TO DO THEIR SCHOOL WORK.
My sister does not need to spend money customising her in-app classroom avatar. She is trying to do her maths assignments. She is a CHILD.
Why are microtransactions being put into TEACHING APPs that children are using for MANDATORY WORK during a PANDEMIC????
Abolish capitalism and all of these god damn parasites hurting our kids. Holy hell. 😡
justin timberlake: dirty babe, see these shackles baby i’m your slave, i’ll let you whip me if i misbehave
9 year old me:
Rhianna: Sticks and stones may break my bones but chains and whips excite me
Me, aged 10, just having fun:
Caller: I live in America now, since the ‘80s, but I’m visiting family in Wales this week, and I thought I’d ring in.
Host: Why did you move from Wales to America?
Caller: I actually moved because of a woman.
Host: Who’s the lucky lady?
Caller: Margaret Thatcher.
hey full offense but the ‘use the right pronouns even if the person is horrible!’ statements arent made to coddle horrible ppl, its saying ‘dont view correct pronouns as a fucking privilege that can be taken away once people decide you’ve fucked up enough’, misgendering someone on purpose is transphobic no matter what bc it equates transphobia as a ‘punishment’ for bad people, pronouns are a part of baseline human respect, its that simple
ok but legitimately i think the reason why kids aren’t taking internet safety seriously is because the people who are telling us not to put our personal information out seem so out of touch. no one acknowledges the possibility of meeting very real teenaged friends online, they always say that everyone you meet is a 40 year old white man in disguise. because they aren’t acknowledging things we know are true, it becomes a lot easier to dismiss the rest of what they’re saying as well. internet safety lessons absolutely must keep up with the times and acknowledge the internet’s capacity for good if you want kids to take to heart warnings about its capacity for bad.
Some actual safety tips for teenagers:
1. Have proof they’re a teenager first. More than just a picture, have a video call with them.
2. If you want to meet up with them, have your parents or a trusted adult come with you. Even if they are a proven teenager, its still good to have supervision in case any issues happen.
3. If you are talking to an adult, and they start being sexual in any way, you run the fuck away. It doesn’t matter if they’re 40 or 20. An adult inherently has a power dynamic that teenagers do not. And its up to the adult to act responsible about it. There’s exceptions of course, if you’re 16 and dating an 18 year old, that’s not a problem, we’re not talking about that.
4. Being in a server with adults or ran by adults is not inherently bad. Talking to adults is not inherently a problem, and will likely happen in any number of Discord servers. It is only an issue when they are acting sexual and show predatory behavior.
5. Look out for grooming behavior. It can be difficult, because at first it seems like innocuous behavior, like complimenting or giving gifts. Especially if you feel lonely and have low self esteem. And groomers actively target people like that.
If they start trying to isolate you, talk sexual with you, state they depend on you for emotional needs, blame you for their own actions, try to be secretive about the relationship- Then you need to talk to people you trust, block the perpetrator, and call the police on them.
6. If this does happen to you, remember this: It is not your fault. Even if you didn’t listen to a single thing listed here, it is not your fault. It is the fault of the adults who knew better, and didn’t care. It’s not your fault.
To my followers: if any of you guys are underaged, please be very VERY careful on here, and don’t fall for any of the tricks the groomer would use on you, just block them and report them.
Go watch Pixar’s Soul if you have Disney+.
Go watch Soul because it actually has black people on screen for most of the movie.
Go watch Soul because we’re not caricatures or flat, one-note black stereotypes.
Go watch Soul because it actually has an important message on one’s passion and purpose in life that I refuse to spoil here.
Go watch Soul because the trailers DON’T actually give away the plot and the movie’s genuinely better the trailers.
Go watch Soul because you bet your ass corporate’s gonna blame low numbers on the film having vast majority black characters and try to stop this kinda movie from ever happening again.
Go watch Soul because judging the entirety of a movie before it even airs based on the freakin’ trailer (which is hardly ever actually put together by the creators of the film itself and is more tied to the marketing department) instead of the actual film itself is an incredibly ignorant thing to do.
Go watch Soul and form your own opinion instead of jumping on a woke bandwagon.
A black person that actually watched this movie
@timetravellingcactus cause for some reason I’m not able to send this to you
the goog drive directory titled “the library” is transferring to a different platform soon so hustle on that one!
I think we should talk more about how adhd affects artistic hobbies. Some adhd artists, writers, and musicians might be able to hyperfocus on their art, but I also bet there are many adhd people who can’t engage with their hobbies at all, even when they want to. Who tell themselves over and over “just create something, god damn it” but can’t.
Those who feel like imposters, who think “I should want this, I need to want this, I need to do this, or else maybe I don’t actually want to be an artist like I thought.” Even without imposter syndrome, it’s soul-crushing to be unable to start, sustain, or enjoy the hobbies that once fulfilled you.
You are seen.
Chaplin met Lita MacMurray when she was 12yrs old. He got her pregnant during the filming of The Gold Rush when she was 15. He fired her from the set and tried forcing her to have an abortion. Years after covering that disgusting situation up, at the age of 54 he married Oona O’Neil, who had just turned 18.
It’s absolutely disgusting how these men use their money, fame, and influence to silence their victims. & we can only guess at the number of young girls we will never know about who have been targeted by these demons.
This whole “seperate the art from the artist” bs has kept such criminals protected from the scrutiny of law. We need to accept that art cannot cover up crimes and that in want of better art, we cannot let criminals do better crimes.
Actually, the claim that HRT doesn’t do much after puberty is a myth. I started when I was 31 years old and now I’m 35. =)
It’s never too late to transition!
No one talks about it but i think pewdiepie was pretty racist to indian people during that tseries thing
Kids in my class would start talking about it and id immediately get anxious because…im part indian. they would mock us. I had to force myself to be okay with it because idk, i didnt see anyone saying it was bad so im just being sensitive right
But then he in his song he said things like “your language sounds like mumble rap” and people were just okay with it
Just when you criticize pdp remember to hold him accountable for this too, i really dont want to see yall letting this shit slide bc it was genuinely awful for me during that time
Hey actually rb this…
Lyrics from the genius pages for bitch lasagna and congratulations
Since this post is making rounds again stop adding your weird commentary to this post if you’re not south asian. Tags or not. Being a poc and having a post about racism blow up is so emotionally exhausting and I’m getting really fucking sick of it because I see everything you guys say in these tags, all the “ohh i used to like him and thought this was bad but i didnt say anything” “you couldve just stopped at pewdiepie is pretty racist haha” type things. I’m not gonna give you a medal and I made this post specifically because many many people did not know the impact of this. So stop.