excerpts from THE OLD GUARD (2020) screenplay by Greg Rucka
If you’re not headed to #SDCC, you can head over to my instagram for a chance to win a poster. Annnnnd for an extra chance to win, you can reblog this post. Open internationally, must be following to win etcetera and all that.
Re-watching Roswell, New Mexico for like fiftieth time and hit the end of season 1. Suddenly was hit with thinking about Alex sitting outside the airstream.
Thinking about all the time he probably took to look nice for Michael. The boots, leather jacket, and hair all classic Alex Manes. He was probably so excited on the way to Sanders.
And Michael left him there. It’s even sadder. My heart.
Hello again, here’s another list of dialogue prompts because I really liked doing them and they make me super creative compared to other people just telling me what plot to write. My writer’s block is killing me so I think this might help. I’ll probably close my ask box once I reach like thirty requests though so do it while you can!
- “Marry me.”
- “Do you want me to leave?”
- “You are not going without me.”
- “I can’t believe you!”
- “I swear it won’t happen again.”
- “What did you say?”
- “I’m not jealous.”
- “You’re jealous, aren’t you?”
- “We can’t keep doing this.”
- “Isn’t this amazing?”
- “I’m going to take care of you, okay?”
- “Stay the night. Please.”
- “You can’t die. Please don’t die.”
- “Run away with me.”
- “Quit whining.”
- “Get outta my sight!”
- “Why are you so annoying?”
- “Were you ever going to tell me?”
- “Never in a million years.”
- “Don’t ask me that…”
- “I might have had a few shots.”
- “What’s with the box?”
- “W- What are you doing?”
- “Say it!”
- “I could kiss you right now!”
- “Are you done with that?”
- “What’s going on here?”
- “Stop pinning this on me! You started it!”
- “It’s your fault we’re in this mess.”
- “Did you do this on purpose?!”
- “Kiss me.”
- “Are you still awake..?”
- “Excuse you?”
- “This is all your fault!”
- “I can’t believe you dragged me into this.”
- “Don’t give me that look! It wasn’t my fault!”
- “I shouldn’t be in love with you!”
- “It’s not fair!”
- “I could kill you right now!”
- “Knock it off!”
- “Screw you!”
- “You’re a complete moron!”
- “I can’t be in love with you!”
- “Make me.”
- “Don’t tempt me.”
- “I hate you.”
- “You are infuriating!”
- “Just shut up already.”
- “That doesn’t even make sense.”
- “Bite me.”
- “Eat me.”
- “Kiss my ass.”
- “Just admit I’m right.”
- “Just admit you’re wrong.”
- “You are being ridiculous!”
- “That’s irrational.”
- “Listen to me!”
- “That’s not what I meant and you know it.”
- “Don’t yell at me.”
- “That’s it. End of discussion.”
- “I don’t believe you.”
- “You shouldn’t have said that.”
- “Fuck you!”
- “Shut your mouth before I shut it for you.”
- “How dare you?”
- “I dare you!”
- “It’s you, it’s always been you.”
- “Well this is awkward…”
- “Just pretend to be my date”.
- “Are you really gonna leave without asking me the question you’ve been dying to ask me?”
- “I just did some calculations, and I’ve been able to determine that you’re full of shit.”
- “Do you ever think if people heard our conversations they’d lock us up?”
- “Do things that make you happy within the confines of the legal system.”
- “Can I touch your boob?”
- “It’s not that you’re wrong, exactly, you’re just extremely not right.”
- “You shouldn’t be trusted with small children, should you?”
- “Give me cake or give me death.”
- “On a scale from, ’I can sometimes make important phone calls without crying’ to ’I have a stable job with a steady income, a spouse who loves me, a dog, and two kids who are screwed up minimally at worst’, how much of an adult are you?”
- “You think I’m dumb enough to fall for that stupid move?”
- “Despite the cliche, it’s not me, it’s you.”
- “Obviously you can’t tell a woman you just met that you love her, but it sucks that you can’t.”
- “No, it was my fault for thinking that you might care.”
- “When you love someone, you just don’t stop. Ever. Even when people roll their eyes or call you crazy… even then. Specially then!”
- “If you’re not scared, then you’re not taking a chance. If you’re not taking a chance, then what the hell are we doing anyway?”
- “I think I’ve been holding myself back from falling in love with you all over again.”
- “What have I told you about the toilet seat?”
- “I tried to change the duvet and I got stuck inside.”
- “I vote today to be a pajama day.”
- “You have to tell me why we’re committing a felony before we do it. Not that that’s going to stop us, but at least I’ll have all the facts.”
- “I don’t leave messages. If I wanted to talk to a machine, I’d talk to my VCR.”
- “You know we’re suppose to be together. I knew it the first time I saw you, and you know it, too. I know you do.”
- “Those things you said yesterday… Did you mean them?”
- “I’m not going to apologise for this. Not anymore.”
- “What I hear when I’m being yelled at is people caring loudly at me.”
- “I am NOT crying, okay?! I’m allergic to jerks!”
- “This would not happen if I had a penis!”
- “That’s almost exactly the opposite of what I meant.”
- “All nighter, you and me. First one to fall sleep buys the other dinner.”
- “I don’t think I’ve ever played spin the bottle.”
- “Sorry! I didn’t mean to touch your butt.”
- “I’m ok, thank you. Just please, stop talking to me.”
- “To the night you’ll never remember!”
- “Could I sit here? All the other tables are full.”
- “You weren’t supposed to laugh! I’m so embarrassed!”
- “It must be hard with your sense of direction, never being able to find your way to a decent pickup line.”
- “This is the dumbest thing you’ve ever done.“
- “It’s a real shame nobody asked for your opinion.”
- “I could do that, but could doesn’t mean would.”
- “You cannot fathom the immensity of the fucks I don’t give.”
- “You’re like, five feet tall. How you gonna reach me, shortie?”
- “I recognize that you have reached a decision, but given that it is a stupid ass decision I have elected to ignore it”
- “Do you need me to kill someone for you?”
- “I’m gonna lay down and die for like half hour okay?”
- “It’s midnight, what do you want?”
- “You are completely unfit to handle a child.”
- “We have to get out of this place. It is EVIL.”
- “Don’t you dare throw that snowba-, goddammit!”
- “When in doubt curl into the fetal position and give up on life.”
- “It’s not a double date, we’re just third and fourth wheeling.”
- “Your hair is so soft…”
- “You’re so cute when you pout like that!”
- “Just relax, I’ll wash your hair for you.”
- “I’m not going to stop poking you until you give me some attention.”
- “Are you wearing my shirt?”
- “You are ridiculously comfortable…”
- “I’ve had a rough day and honestly all I want right now is a drink and someone to cuddle with…”
- “You’re so cute when you’re half asleep like this…”
- “You’re beautiful, you know that?”
- “We should get a puppy!”
- ”Don’t apologize. That’s not the point. Did you mean it?”
- ”This is an apology pizza. Please take it or I will start crying right here.”
- ”I thought I lost you”
- ”Okay, when you say love, do you mean love as in like loving pizza or as in love, love?”
- ”They don’t like dogs. It wasn’t going to work out.”
- ”The hills are alive, with the sound of bullshit.”
- “I feel like I’m losing control.”
- “Okay, am I drunk or did you really just say that?”
- “I’m too sober for this shit.”
- “God, I missed you.”
- “I let you down. How am I supposed to forgive myself for that?”
- “Okay, the blood isn’t mind, calm down.”
- “Did you really think I’d leave?”
- “There’s a difference between being brave and being stupid.”
- “You’re proud of me?”
- “If love was easy, we’d be writing songs about better things. Like pizza.”
- “Is this supposed to be this hard?”
- “They’re going to hate me.”
- “Like I’d choose the laws of physics over you.”
- “Did you just blue shell me!?”
- [text]: What do you want now?
- [text]: Do you want to bet on that?
- [text]: So I might be in a hospital right now…
- [text]: We can’t keep doing this anymore!
- [text]: Can you pick me up from the bar? Too drunk to drive.
- [text]: You have no clue how I feel so shut up.
- [text]: I call bullshit.
- [text]: You thought you could get away with that, didn’t you?
- [text] Living alone for four weeks has given me unrealistic expectations of pantslessness.
- [text] Also, my bed has glitter in it for reasons I do not recall.
- [text] Who says no to sex and donuts?!
- [text] I know what you did last summer…
A huge thank you to everyone who participated in the first Malex Remix!
It was a great success and we received so many fun and creative works! Below is the masterlist of all the fics published over the past four days
We look forward to you all joining us again next year!
Reblog so don’t forget! Must read all of these!
Architectural Watercolors by Sunga Park
Sunga Park lives and work in Busan, South Korea as a graphic designer and illustrator, creating architectural, washy watercolor illustrations and cultural portraits from her surroundings.
One of the best tips for writing descriptions of pain is actually a snippet I remember from a story where a character is given a host of colored pencils and asked to draw an egg.
The character says that there’s no white pencil. But you don’t need a white pencil to draw a white egg. We already know the egg is white. What we need to draw is the luminance of the yellow lamp and the reflection of the blue cloth and the shadows and the shading.
We know a broken bone hurts. We know a knife wound hurts. We know grief hurts. Show us what else it does.
You don’t need to describe the character in pain. You need to describe how the pain affects the character - how they’re unable to move, how they’re sweating, how they’re cold, how their muscles ache and their fingers tremble and their eyes prickle.
Draw around the egg. Write around the pain. And we will all be able to see the finished product.
- goodnight kisses
- hand kisses
- smiling while kissing
- lips barely touching
- morning kisses
- slow kisses
- passionate kisses
- kisses on the cheek
- first kisses
- goodbye kisses
- welcome home kisses
- kisses on the corner of their mouth
- frustrated kisses
- kissing each other breathless
- soothing kisses
- nose kisses
- kisses as a promise
- short pecks
- forehead kisses
- kisses on head
- “we’ll face this together” kisses
- kisses in the rain
- life-or-death kisses
- kisses for a cover
- hard kisses
- giggling while kissing
- desperate kisses
- neck kisses
- hushed conversation in-between kisses
- eyelid kisses
- gentle stroking of cheeks
- small kisses
- kissing it better
- jaw kisses
- wake-up kisses
- kissing away tears
- public kisses
- relieved kisses
- kisses for comfort
- tummy kisses
- kisses to shut them up
- slowly kissing down the body
- “we’ll see each other again” kisses
- kissing each finger
- sleepy kisses
- angry kisses
- feather-light kisses
- kisses with trembling lips
- secret kisses
- kisses with their last dying breath
1. “You kneel before me unaware that my throne was built on lies.” (A Tumblr user talking about bullshitting his essay.)
2. “Fear is not a word in my vocabulary.”
“Maybe not, but it is in your eyes.” (Princess Diaries)
3. “Do you drink water often?”
“Then become the dirt I walk on.” (Inspired by Pukicho)
4. “My ancestors are smiling at me. Can yours say the same?” (I doubt it but… Bugs Bunny - or Skyrim LOL)
5. “To become God is the loneliest achievement of them all.” (A dream a Tumblr user’s mom had about Obama.)
6. “You either die a hero or live long enough to become a villain.“
7. “You could sooner divert a river from its course than deny my nature.“
8. “If the world chooses to become my enemy, I will fight like I always have.” (Get this- Sonic the Hedgehog)
9. “I survived because the fire inside me burned brighter than the fire around me.” (A Fallout New Vegas NPC)
10. “I am a monument to all your sins.” (Halo)
11. “When the weight of the world is on your shoulders, then is when you learn the magnitude of your actions.” (Altered version of a Twitter user’s dream about- you guessed it- Obama.)
12. “I’ll do whatever you want…”
“Then perish.” (Obama RP)
13. “Violence for violence is the rule of the beasts.” (A dream about- you guessed it again- Obama.)
14. “Heaven is void of light, ____.” (A picture of a horrifying Garfield the Cat, talking to Jon.)
15. “Pick a god and pray.” (Frederick from Fire Emblem: Awakening)
16. “There are no gods here.”
17. “Take this gift, for the Gods surely won’t.”
18. “Will you fight? Or will you perish like a dog?“
19. “My body may be a temple, but I am the god to whom it is devoted.“
20. “One day, you will be faced to face with whatever saw fit to let you exist in the universe, and you will have to justify the space you’ve filled.” (Tumblr user Curseworms, I think.)
21. “Do you think God stays in heaven because he too, lives in fear of what he’s created?“ (Steve Buscemi’s character in Spy Kids 2)
22. “God wishes he were me.”
23. “When will you learn, that your actions have consequences?” (Overly Passionate Sonic Fan.)
24. “You can’t kill me in a way that matters.”
25. “The rage in your heart warms you now but it will leave you cold in your grave.” (Tumblr users dream about a wendigo.)
26. “Kill me. Kill me and live with the memory. Then tell the stars that you won.”
27. “Well, there’s no god here. Just me.”
28. “I would literally die for you.”
“Oh, you will.”
29. “If it not for the laws of this land, I would’ve slaughtered you.” (That one kid.)
30. “I will reap the teeth sown in your foolish mouth.”
31. “God can’t hear you when you’re with me.”
32. “I beg your pardon?”
33. “What’s a man to a king? What’s a king to a God? What’s a God to a nonbeliever?”
34. “I’d rather die standing than live kneeling.”
35. “____ has the self-preservation of someone who has met God face to face and wasn’t impressed.”
Thoughts below :)
Fandom: Roswell New Mexico (TV 2019)
Warnings: No Archive Warnings Apply
Relationships: Michael Guerin/Alex Manes, Michael Guerin & Alex Manes, Forrest Long/Alex Manes
Characters: Alex Manes, Michael Guerin, Forrest Long, Kyle Valenti
Additional Tags: Malex, Established Forlex
Alex is hurt, and he calls Michael for help instead of Forrest.
Another impulse. I’m not sorry. If you liked it even a little bit, please comment and share/reblog, it always makes the world of a difference ❤
Made a list of all the AU’s I could think of. Used to help me when I have no ideas, decided it could help others and I should post it. It took a few weeks to fill it out this extensively and I have no more interest in adding to it, so please don’t bother suggesting anything （；￣д￣）
- Accidental Marriage AU
- Actor AU
- Alien AU
- Amnesia AU
- Android AU
- Angel/Demon AU
- Animal AU
- Apocalypse AU
- Arranged Marriage AU
- Artist AU
- Art Student AU
- Assassin AU
- Athlete AU
- Author AU
- Avian (Bird People) AU
- Babysitter AU
- Bakery AU
- Ballet AU
- Band AU
- Bartender/Bar AU
- Beach AU
- Blind AU
- Blind Date AU
- Bodyguard AU
- Book Store AU
- Bounty Hunter AU
- Brothel AU
- Caterer AU
- Camp Counselor AU
- Camping AU
- Carnival AU
- Castaway AU
- Celebrity AU
- CEO/Boss AU
- Chef AU
- Child AU
- Choir AU
- Circus AU
- Clothing Shop AU
- Club AU
- Coffee Shop AU
- College AU
- Conductor AU
- Choreographer AU
- Coworker AU
- Criminal AU
- Cult AU
- Cyborg AU
- Dancer AU
- Dead/Death AU
- Deaf AU
- Demigod AU
- Demon Hunter AU
- Detective AU
- Dimension Hoping AU
- DJ AU
- Doctor AU
- Domestic AU
- Dragon AU
- Drama Class AU
- Enemies AU
- Ex AU
- Fairy AU
- Fake Dating/Engagement/Marriage AU
- Fashion/Fashion Designer AU
- Fire Fighter AU
- Forbidden Love AU
- Fugitive AU
- Gang AU
- Gardener/Gardening AU
- Ghost AU
- Hairstylist AU
- Haunted House AU
- Hero/Villain AU
- High School AU
- High School Reunion AU
- Historical AU
- Horror AU
- Hospital AU
- Hunger Games AU
- Immortal AU
- Judge AU
- Jury Duty AU
- Kidnapper/Kidnapped AU
- Lawyer AU
- Library AU
- Lifeguard AU
- Mafia AU
- Maid AU
- Magician AU
- Magic AU
- Marriage AU
- Mechanic AU
- Medieval AU
- Mermaid AU
- Military AU
- Model AU
- Modern AU
- Monster/Monster Hunter/Monster Tamer AU
- Murder Mystery AU
- Musical AU
- Musician AU
- Neighbor AU
- Ninja AU
- Nurse AU
- Office AU
- Officer (Police) AU
- O/B/A AU
- Parallel Universe AU
- Parametric AU
- Paranormal Investigator AU
- Parent AU
- Pen Pal AU
- Pet Store AU
- Photographer AU
- Pirate AU
- Podcast AU
- Porn Star AU
- Prisoner AU
- Prank War AU
- Prostitute AU
- Reality TV Show AU
- Reporter AU
- Restaurant AU
- Resurrection AU
- Road Trip AU
- Roll Reversal AU
- Room Mate AU
- Rival AU
- Royalty AU
- Scientist AU
- Serial Killer AU
- Servant AU
- Sick AU
- Social Media AU
- Soulmate AU
- Space AU
- Spy AU
- Stalker AU
- Stranger AU
- Street Racing AU
- Stripper AU
- Student AU
- Survival AU
- Tattoo Shop AU
- Teacher AU
- Theater AU
- Thief AU
- Time Travel AU
- Undead AU
- Undercover Cop AU
- Vacation AU
- Vampire/Vampire Hunter AU
- Veterinarian AU
- Waiter AU
- War AU
- Wedding Planner AU
- Werewolf AU
- Wild West AU
- Witch AU
- Wizard AU
- Yandere AU
- Youtuber AU
- Zookeeper AU
- Zombie AU
So, let me guess– you just started a new book, right? And you’re stumped. You have no idea how much an AK47 goes for nowadays. I get ya, cousin. Tough world we live in. A writer’s gotta know, but them NSA hounds are after ya 24/7. I know, cousin, I know. If there was only a way to find out all of this rather edgy information without getting yourself in trouble…
You’re in luck, cousin. I have just the thing for ya.
It’s called Havocscope. It’s got information and prices for all sorts of edgy information. Ever wondered how much cocaine costs by the gram, or how much a kidney sells for, or (worst of all) how much it costs to hire an assassin?
I got your back, cousin. Just head over to Havocscope.
((PS: In case you’re wondering, Havocscope is a database full of information regarding the criminal underworld. The information you will find there has been taken from newspapers and police reports. It’s perfectly legal, no need to worry about the NSA hounds, cousin ;p))
Want more writerly content? Follow maxkirin.tumblr.com!
“Below are selected prices that are paid to professional assassins by criminal organizations and drug cartels for a contract hit.
In Australia, the median price to hire a hit man is $13,610 (9,800 Euros), with the price going up to $83,000 (60,000 Euros) based on the task.
In Mexico, the cost for a low level assassin is $208 (150 Euros), and up to $20,832 (15,000 Euros) for a higher profile target like a police chief.
The prices paid in Argentina are between $3,749 (2,700 Euros) to $5,555 (4,000 Euros) per hit.
Government statistics in Spain state that 40 assassinations take place each year, with prices for the hit ranging between $27 (20 Euros) to $69,000 (50,000 Euros).”
So cheap! I always thought things like this would cost more than $1 million…
This is super useful to know!
and not just for writing!!
HOW MANY HOURS HAVE I WASTED TRYING TO FIND HEROIN PRICES ON THE INTERNET WHAT A GREAT DATABASE
I needed this
- have fun
- write whatever is interesting to you, even if it won’t be interesting to anyone else
- appreciate kudos when they come, but don’t expect them
- appreciate comments when they come, but don’t expect them
- if you wish you could just write that one scene you have in your head, do that. you don’t need to create a 30K backstory for it first.
- embrace one shots
- embrace drabbles
- embrace writing your story out of order
- rough drafts are meant to be rough. if you can’t think of a word, put in a placeholder for it and keep going.
- try not to get stuck on the little things
- it’s okay if your readers can’t see the picture inside of your head
- some people work well when they have a posting schedule. some people work well when they don’t. it’s okay if you don’t know which kind of person you are, and it’s okay if the type of person you are changes over time.
- if a rule you created for yourself isn’t working for you, get rid of that rule.
- make fandom friends. even if they don’t read your fic, they’ll cheer you on while you write it.
- cheer on other writers you know. you’ll be cheering yourself at the same time.
- no trope or genre is better or worse than another one. they all just appeal to different audiences.
- quality and popularity are not the same thing, although they do sometimes overlap
- numbers and statistics will never tell you whether or not you’re a good writer. they will never tell you how valuable you are as a person.
- you belong in fandom if you want to be there
- you’re a writer as soon as you start writing things
- writing and posting are two different things. your story is still worth writing, even if you never plan to share it
- you don’t need to apologize for what you write or what you post.
- don’t worry about taking up too much space. the internet doesn’t have a maximum size.
- keep your readers in mind when you’re tagging your content. how could they search for your fic? if you use a tag, will be a reader who loves that tag be satisfied with how much it appears in your story?
- if you have a relationship in your fic that plays a minor role, tag it in the Additional Tags section instead of the Relationship section so that people who love that ship don’t get their hopes up
- be cautious when looking at bookmarks on your fic. they aren’t “extra comments.” that’s a space where readers make notes for themselves and each other, not for authors.
- you don’t need to know everything about canon before you start writing fic
- you don’t need to read fic in the same fandoms you write for
- you don’t need to read fic at all in order to write it
- love your work because sometimes you’re the only one who will - and that’s okay
- if your hobby starts feeling like a job, you might need to take a break before you get burnt out
- if you get stuck on a story, you can always start a new one
- if you fall out of love with a story, you can always stop writing it. if you’re worried about your readers, you can always give them a bullet point summary of where you were planning to go with thing. for a lot of people, that’s satisfying and provides closure
- if you get hate, report it
- use the tools at your disposal to block hate before it can come in (limiting or turning off comments, limiting or turning off asks, blocking users, etc)
- try replying to comments sometimes. it can be a lovely way to make fandom friends
- don’t be afraid to reblog your own writing posts.
- if you get stuck on your summary, just write 1) who the story is about 2) what they are doing and 3) what problem gets in their way
- notice when your writing makes you smile. that moment is a gift. enjoy it.
- notice when your writing makes you cry. that moment is a gift, too.
- even if you’re disappointed in how your story turned out, there’s something in there that’s fantastic. find that thing and focus on it and feel proud.
- some ideas are ones you want to write. some are ones you want to read. if you ever have too many ideas to deal with at once, give some of the latter ones away to someone else.
- sometimes the things you write will be really personal. be careful about putting them where other people can comment. they won’t know how personal it is for you, and you need to remember that comments aren’t about you, they’re about the story.
- remember that you can write series as well as stories. if the story is done but you still have passion or ideas, start a new one in the same universe.
- enjoy the satisfaction of finishing a story. savour it. bask in it a little while.
- don’t feel guilty about abandoning a story. not every story gets finished, and that’s okay
- you can have separate accounts for different fandoms. you can have one account with a million fandoms in it. do whatever works for you.
- sometimes writing is more important than sleep - but only sometimes
- it doesn’t matter if that story has been written before by someone else. it doesn’t matter if it was written by you. write it again.
- only follow the advice that makes sense to you. the rest isn’t important.
me, a fanfic writer: *touches my new fav character’s face* *whispers* I’m gonna get you laid
me, a different fanfic writer: *pets my fave character’s hair* *whispers* I’m gonna emotionally, maybe also physically, torture you
Me, another fanfic writer: *Leans in close to my favorite character until I’m a breadth away from their ear* *whispers* I’m gonna destroy you and everything you love and there’s nothing you can do about it.
The radio at work has been playing a ton of ‘90’s R&B and I gotta say, the 15 year old me ain’t hating it.
Inspired by THIS awesome post by @fangirlshrewt97:
Andy: Nile, what are you doing?
Nile: *propping up a big cardboard box with a stick* it’s a trap for Nicky.
Andy: …ignoring the why, what are you using for bait?
Nile: Joe! Come sit under this box
Thank you, @veronicasummersfelton, for the suggestion! :D