richie be like:
eddie be like:
richie be like:
eddie be like:
hey hey mr. muschietti ik ur out there sum where hey im just wondering if maybe it is possible for a little scene to be put in the directors cut where richie and eddie are at a restaurant studying for an upcoming test and eddie is getting frustrated so richie gives him a pep talk and eddie reaches out to grab his hand and maybe maybe they could lock eyes for a second but richie would look away because he didn’t want eddie to see him blushing and he would maybe pull his hand away because he was nervous around his eds >o< maybe maybe i think it is a good idea you should maybe invest
like it’s just an idea idk maybe i could think about it sir thank you mr. muschietti i appreciate a lot a lot
YOU GUYS. my dream of eddie in a denim jacket has finally come true. they’re boyfriends out for a walk to enjoy the fall weather.
a huge thank you to @anajudraws for taking my commission and creating this masterpiece for me!!
*please do not repost*
everyone: mixtape is sad. do not read mixtape.
me: i know it’ll be sad, i’m prepared.
me, reading mixtape:
imagine,,,, if stan would have been at the restaurant like,,, in between reddie. like?? stan would have flipped his shit and richie would make some lame joke about how he was using all his sexual frustration to blow up at richie, in which he would get a “shut up, trashmouth” from a smiling eddie.
you know what hurts
richie was in love with eddie that whole time and eddie might have felt the same but that’s not the point. richie was in love with eddie the whole time and so eddie just had to sit in that hammock. imagine all the butterflies in richie’s stomach because his fucking crush is right there and ugh this is unfair.
i like the little map on doordash because you can watch your delivery driver completely miss your address in real time
daniel you are going in the completely wrong direction. let me help you daniel
daniel i am hungry. i am opening my mouth like a baby bird daniel
richie: hey eds
eddie: yeah rich?
richie: you know if ducks threw bread back
richie: ʸᵒᵘ’ᵈ ʰᵃᵛᵉ ᵗᵒ ᵈᵘᶜᵏ
richie : hey wanna see my duck
eddie: sure :D🦆
eddie: no D:
sorry i had to let that out
I’ve answered this before and my answers probably haven’t changed much but I’ll go into more headcanon territory here for fun:
Eddie - Gryffindor. Brave, reckless, determined. He would fight the sorting hat on it because he’s only ever seen himself as weak and his mom, a muggle who resented and feared magic ever since his wizard father died, didn’t even want him to go to Hogwarts at all. But time away from her lets his inner Gryffindor out real quick. Excels at Herbology and DADA, so his magic is very geared toward healing arts and defensive spells. Ends up playing Quidditch and his innate sense of direction means he’s a naturally gifted Seeker.
Richie - Slytherin. Ambitious, resourceful, charming. He comes from a pretty affluent Pureblood family and Went works for the Ministry. He’s well aware of Slytherin’s reputation, but his dad was also in Slytherin and taught him that those qualities don’t have to mean something bad. Still, part of him feels like there must be something wrong with him. Excels at Transfiguration because he can get the most joke mileage out of it, but he’s irritatingly gifted at basically everything without having to study much. Frequenter of Zonko’s (or WWWs depending on the timeline). Possibly a werewolf. The Bloody Baron hates him. Peeves does not.
Bill - Gryffindor. Courageous, fearless, chivalrous. The most typical Gryffindor you’ll ever meet aside from HP himself. Pureblood but not a dick about it. Has a definite hero complex and getting sorted into this house made it even worse. Gets tunnel vision about perceived injustices, will do anything to help his friends. Excels at DADA and Care of Magical Creatures. An excellent flyer - a Chaser on the Gryffindor Quidditch Team.
Mike - Ravenclaw. Inquisitive, wise, creative. The studious brand of Ravenclaw, Mike puts academics first and foremost. His mom is a witch and his dad is a muggle who has always been fascinated by the magical world, so Mike is determined to learn everything there is to know. When he gets invested in a topic, he gets really invested. Excels at Astronomy and History of Magic. Always at the library, researching - he’s the one student Madame Pince can actually tolerate.
Stan - Ravenclaw. Quirky, witty, focused. He is the Oddball Type of Ravenclaw. Not a lot of people get Stan. He’s Muggleborn and keeps up his variety of weird Muggle interests even while he’s at school. Some wonder why he’s even IN Ravenclaw because he’s not really a magical genius, but he values order and reason and wants to put the work in, so he embodies the house better than someone who just glides by on natural talent (coughRichiecough). Excels at Arithmancy and Ancient Runes. Absolutely hates flying and thinks butterbeer tastes gross.
Beverly - Hufflepuff. Okay I used to say Slytherin but I feel like in Bev’s case I want to go with the movie characterization more since she’s honestly so badly written in the book?? In which case, her loyalty and passion for justice jump out the most. Movie Bev is fiercely loyal to her friends and focused on doing what’s right, and while she’s brave too, I think she values loyalty more. She is Muggleborn, and glad to be away from her dad for months at a time. Excels at Charms and Divination. Plays Chaser in Quidditch.
Ben - COIN TOSS. Ben is the Avatar idk what else to tell you. He’s brave, resourceful, ambitious, chivalrous, hard-working, loyal, intelligent… he can easily fit into any house, easily. He’s just that guy who embodies every good quality a person can have. But in the end I think he’d choose Hufflepuff because he values good, honest hard work and loyalty above anything else and he’s too humble to really think of himself as particularly clever or courageous, even though he is. He’s half-Muggle on his mom’s side and, unlike Sonia, Arlene is super proud that he inherited his dad’s abilities. Ben absolutely excels at Potions first and foremost, because there are rules and regulations, but he’s very good at Transfiguration too. Constantly in the library with Mike or watching Bev’s Quidditch practice. Has a tendency to wander around the castle trying to figure out secret passageways and architectural oddities (Eddie comes with, so they don’t get lost).
Reasons why Eddie Kaspbrak is a Gryffindor:
As a child…
- He stands up for justice even if it gets him punched in the nose, even if he’s terrified.
- He went BACK to the house on Neibolt street after being sexually harassed by a hobo with syphilis, just out of morbid curiosity, even though it was dangerous and terrifying.
- He took responsibility for the baby dam along with Bill and Ben to Officer Nell, even when it meant possibly getting in trouble and his mom finding out, because it was the truth and the right thing to do.
- Even before outwardly defying his mother, he would find little ways to break the rules and assert his independence - eating things he wasn’t supposed to, playing where it was dangerous. Even little things like that show bravery when you’re an abused child.
- He thinks, repeatedly, that he would die for Bill if it ever came down to it. Eddie consistently puts his friends before himself and defends them despite being smaller and physically weaker.
- He participated in the rockfight without question, despite never having met Mike before. Even when he got a rock to the face, he got right back up, more determined than ever, and kept fighting.
- He was given the option of not participating in the smoke hole due to his asthma, and refused to take the out. Then he stayed down there as long as he possibly could, lasting longer than Stan or Ben.
- Maybe he doesn’t stand and fight Henry Bowers and his gang when he’s by himself, but he freaking LAUGHS in Henry Bowers’ face as he’s getting creamed. He laughs!
- Even after Henry breaks his arm, he KEEPS MAKING IT WORSE because of the sheer cosmic injustice of the situation, and because Eddie Kaspbrak is no coward, and has no sense of self preservation. He calls Henry crazy even as his arm is in searing pain! Henry was scared of him, because of his fearlessness.
- He gets clarity and acceptance through the pain - he realizes that pain isn’t so bad, he realizes that he IS brave and WILL survive, and most importantly he finally accepts what Mr. Keene told him about his mother, and takes it in stride.
- When he finally stands up to his mother, he does it not for his own self gain or because he wants to hurt her, he does it for his friends, and to get justice for himself. She’s scared of him NOT because he’s some cunning, manipulative person - but because this was Maturin intervening, because Sonia’s grip on Eddie was possibly too strong, and there Needed to be Seven.
- AGAIN - THIS IS NOT HIM BEING MANIPULATIVE AND DECEITFUL FOR PERSONAL GAIN - THIS IS HIM BEING BRAVE!! THIS IS THE PEAK OF EDDIE’S BRAVERY! ADULTS ARE THE REAL MONSTERS, SONIA IS THE REAL MONSTER! EDDIE STANDS UP FOR HIMSELF AND HIS FRIENDS OUT OF BRAVERY! He speaks openly and honestly with her for the first time, with full clarity, and THAT is BRAVERY.
- He did not go into the conversation intending to win a power struggle or gain anything from her. He went into it to fix an injustice done to himself and his friends, who he would gladly die for. He wanted her to admit that SHE is the manipulative one. He wanted her to admit that SHE is the passive aggressive one. He didn’t resort to any of her tactics. He spoke plainly, openly, and bravely.
- He doesn’t even really blackmail her. He plainly states that MAYBE Mr. Keene was joking with him, and that he will keep an eye out for his friends and keep on using the inhaler. She gets the idea without a fuss, because he’s telling her exactly what she wants to hear - that he’ll stay sick, for her.
- Right before they go into Neibolt again, Bill gives Eddie the option to opt out, and - again - Eddie refuses. Someone who puts themselves first would not have done that. But Eddie Kaspbrak is selfless to the point of being foolhardy.
Bill nodded, then looked sharply at Eddie. “Cuh-Can you d-d-do this, EhEh-Eddie?”
Eddie nodded. “Sure I can. I was alone last time. This time I’m with my friends. Right?” He looked at them and grinned a little. His expression was shy, fragile, and quite beautiful.
- Richie gives him the option of not even going with them to fight IT, because of his arm, and again he refuses, again thinking to himself that he would readily die for Bill if he needed to. Selfless. Brave. Foolish.
- Eddie, despite being terrified of filth and disease, and despite seeing Bill as the brave leader of the group, is the one who fearlessly and confidently navigates the entire sewer system beneath Derry, going only off of instinct, and without knowing what he could end up running into.
- THE EYE. THE FUCKING CRAWLING EYE!!! The scene speaks for its damn self. Eddie is the only one not being grabbed and pulled in by the tentacles, and he is given, by his own mind, the option to leave AGAIN - and he DOESN’T TAKE IT. He knows full well he can navigate his way out - if he was a selfish boy, if he was a real coward, he would have taken the chance. But no. Eddie Kaspbrak is the bravest Loser, hands down, no questions asked.
Eddie’s paralysis broke wide open—It was trying to take Big Bill!
“No!” Eddie bellowed—it was a full-blown roar. One might never have guessed such a Norse-warrior sound could issue from such a thin chest, Eddie Kaspbrak’s chest, Eddie Kaspbrak’s lungs, which were of course afflicted with the most terrible case of asthma in Derry. He bolted forward, jumping over questing tentacles without seeing them, his broken arm thumping his own chest as it swung back and forth in its soggy cast. He fumbled in his pocket and brought out his aspirator.
(acid that’s what it tastes like acid acid battery acid)
He collided with Bill Denbrough’s back and slammed him aside. There was a watery ripping sound, followed by a low eager mewling that Eddie did not so much hear with his ears as feel with his mind. He raised the aspirator
(acid it’s acid if I want it to be so eat it eat it eat)
“BATTERY ACID, FUCKNUTS!” Eddie screamed, and triggered off a blast. At the same time he kicked at the Eye. His foot went deep into the jelly of Its cornea. There was a gush of hot fluid over his leg. He pulled his foot back, only dimly aware that he had lost his shoe.
“FUCK OFF! CRAM IT, SAM! GO AWAY, JOSE! GET LOST! FUCK OFF!”
- In this scene, Eddie doesn’t just harm IT with pure, selfless belief, and fucking kick it so hard he broke into the eye’s jelly. Eddie also brings all the Losers out of their respective trances, and encourages them to start fighting back. Eddie is the reason Bill fights the Eye. Eddie is the reason Ben tries harder to get Bev out of its grasp. Eddie is the reason Richie overcomes his WORST fear and joins the fight as well. Not only is Eddie Kaspbrak the navigator, and the bravest Loser, he is also he heart of the group. And IT knows this, which is why it targets Eddie FIRST in its next manifestation.
“Fight It!” Eddie raved at the others. “It’s just a fucking Eye! Fight It! You hear me? Fight It, Bill! Kick the shit out of the sucker! Jesus Christ you fucking pussies I’m doing the Mashed Potatoes all over It AND I GOT A BROKEN ARM!” …..
“Just an Eye! Just a fucking Eye!” Eddie was screaming deliriously. He triggered his aspirator again and felt It draw back. The tentacles which had settled on him now dropped away. “Richie! Richie! Get it! It’s just an Eye!”
- IT also has it out for Eddie when it manifests as Georgie. IT knows that Georgie will be Bill’s weakness - it also knows that Eddie is strong, stronger than Bill, and is the only one Bill might listen to. So even though Eddie isn’t the only one screaming for Bill to kill IT while its acting as Georgie, Eddie IS the only one IT reacts to.
“Kill It, Bill!” Eddie shouted. “That’s not your brother! Kill It while it’s small! Kill It NOW!”
George glanced at Eddie, cutting his shiny-silver eyes that way for just a moment, and Eddie reeled back and struck the wall as if he had been pushed.
As an adult…
- He is the quickest of any of the Losers, aside from maybe Bev, to pick up and leave his old life behind without thinking much of it - because it was his duty, and his friends needed him. He doesn’t throw up, he doesn’t need to get wasted, he just packs a suitcase and leaves.
- He fucking MURDERS HENRY BOWERS!! Henry comes into his room, a fair amount taller and a hundred pounds heavier, catching him off guard and calling him a fag, repeatedly, and overpowers him, and Eddie doesn’t just accept that this is the end, he fights back. He has a broken bottle as his only weapon, gets his arm broken again, and still doesn’t give up. He straight up murders Henry. Even though Henry was weakened by Mike, Eddie took a chance on fighting him. That shit is brave.
- He refuses to go to the doctor for his newly broken arm, despite having spent the last 27 years seeing a doctor every two weeks for “check ups”, because it would mean not being able to fight IT again, and possibly getting the whole group in trouble for Henry’s death.
- He still is willing to do anything for his friends, especially Bill, 27 years later, despite spending those 27 years living in fear and being manipulated by Sonia and then Myra into believing he is weak. He ALWAYS puts his friends first and acts with extreme bravery when the situation calls for it.
Bill nodded again. “Can you do it? With your a-a-arm broken?”
“I can for you, Bill.”
- This one goes without saying, but while Bill and Richie are trapped in the shadow/in the deadlights, Eddie is watching and frantically thinking that the rest of them should be DOING something. But he doesn’t act, because Richie seems to have it under control. Then, Richie doesn’t anymore - Eddie hears him in his mind that he’s losing it, and instantly leaps into action. He tries the same act of selfless bravery he committed a child. Foolish, selfless bravery. And it works - it frees Bill and Richie. But…
- Eddie spent so much time thinking about how readily he would die for his friends, and he eventually does. But even in that moment, when he’s literally dying, he feels absolutely no fear, only - at long last - self acceptance, and love. His final act of bravery is casting away his mother’s hold over him at long last, feeling true clarity for who he is and what that means, and almost ALMOST gets the words out before dying.
In the movie…
- He slaps Pennywise even though in his mind he’s about to die, because he’s not going to take it lying down.
- He overcomes his fear of greywater to run around the sewers, for his friends, and because it’s for the greater good.
- He overcomes his fear of blood and germs to help patch up a kid he literally just met.
- He’s the first to run out of the sewer opening to help Ben when Ben falls into the stream, hurt.
- He leaps out into the front lines during the rock fight because he’s brave as shit and doesn’t care what happens to him as long as he’s defending his friends.
- He is the one who is MOST concerned with keeping the group together in the sewers - he’s the first to scream for Mike in the well, he’s the first to notice Stan is missing, and he runs after Bill with the most desperation, screaming for him, not caring at all that he’s getting dirty and germy,
- He stands up to his mother in a different way than in the book, but the message is just the same - my friends need me, so you can’t stop me from helping them.
- He freaking kicks Pennywise right in the face.
- He consistently overcomes his fears, coming back braver and braver each time he does so.
IN CONCLUSION: EDDIE KASPBRAK IS A GRYFFINDOR. Just my humble opinion but like… don’t even try to tell me I don’t “know this character” for not sorting him in Slytherin. Believe me, I know him.
But honestly, point me to the moments in the book or even the movie where it shows that Eddie values ambition and cunning over bravery and selflessness and I’ll concede that your reasoning has validity. Everyone is entitled to their own headcanons, but don’t just say that your opinion is fact without evidence to back it up. Post those receipts, friends!!
*sitting on richie’s bed*
richie: hey eds wanna eat what my mom made?
eddie, exited for some casserole: sure, what’d she make?
richie, scrambling to get his clothes off: mE-
richie: me and eddie are no longer friends.
eddie: that is the worst way to announce we’re dating do you have a return recipt-
every reddie fic to exist:
beverly: jesus fuck tozier man the fuck up and ask eddie out so you two can be 𝓖𝓐𝓨 together
bev when she talks to ben about the poem
mike wheeler, who’s head over heels in love with el
mike wheeler, who radioed everyday for 353 days
mike wheeler, who hated a girl because el was gone
mike wheeler, who went to the snowball with el
mike wheeler, who never really was the same after she disappeared
if the best thing he ever did was ask will byers to be his friend?
just imagine what that means he feels for will
me when i think about how richie might start writing his own material in honor of eddie.
doctor: you have one hour left to live.
i stole this from my friend so ma’am if you see this pleath no attack
I am choosing to believe they brought Eddie’s body out of the cave/sewers, and the further they got from it Eddie began to heal, just like their scars on their hands and all was well.
Richie embracing what he persumes to be the corpse of the man he loves. Slowly the chest under his head began to rise and fall. Before Richie could react Eddie says something along the lines “your mother held me this tight while I fucked her” the Losers club lift their heads after hearing his voice, Richie is ugly crying, “you fucker” and they’d kiss.
eddie: rich ur ten minutes are up.
eddie: oh you’re not gonna move? okay then the only logical option is to sit in this small ass hammock with you while your long fucking toenails dig into my back and pull your glasses off so i can slap you in the face with my foot and yell at you. it really is the only option i see.