“Blade Forger” Zalma/ Magante
Just a rough comprehensive sheet of Bular’s mom to make it easier for myself to draw her.
A bit of Trivia:
- She’s not as bulky as Gunmar or Bular and is more nimble instead. Shes as strong as them but doesnt have nearly enough stamina for a prolonged fight.
- She has two names, Zalma and Magante. Gunmar usually calls her Zalma and uses Magante on occasion.
- She can breathe fire and spit magma
to an extent
if she’s had enough burning material stored inside her body. She can also change her body temperature to very hot or cold. Shes basically like a walking furnace. This ability is mainly used for forging all kinds of weapons and occasionally on opponents. Her main profession is a weapon smith but she can also fight if needed.
- Little Bular loves to sleep tucked in his mothers arms, or anywhere beside her. Zalma heats her body to a comfortable temperature and lulls him until he’s in a deep sleep. He literally cannot fall asleep without being held and warmed up first. Zalma also uses this tactic to calm him down if he becomes distressed in any way.
- Gunmar would also indulge himself in being embraced like that, tho very rarely. Being a very prideful creature it is hard for him to appear in any kind of state of *weakness*. Letting his guard down and allowing so much closeness is a huge hurdle for him as well as the inner turmoil that comes with having *feelings* for someone.
- Zalma can swim, quite gracefully too.
- There are times when Gunmar would become especially overbearing and lose his temper with a very young Bular. Parenting comes hard for him and he often feels overwhelmed and would lose his temper and snap. Zalma would not allow such behaviour and would not hesitate to snap back or even attack him. She understands its hard for him to adjust but there is a fine line she will not let him cross.
Thats it for now. I had to change the concept around this one quite a lot, in an effort to keep Gunmar in character as much as possible. The hardest part was choosing a name for her and after days I ended up having to give her two..