This post brought to you by Alex’s singular brain cell
THE MOMENT YOU’VE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR IS FINALLY HERE!!
Found: A Clone Wars Zine is a Star Wars zine that focuses on the found family relationships in Star Wars: the Clone Wars! From Darth Maul and Savage to Plo Koon and Ahsoka to Anakin and Obi-Wan to everyone that falls in between we’ve got a bit of everything and everyone!
The zine itself has over 145 pages of content! Including over 45 pieces of never before seen art, five illustrated never before read stories (one of which is fully illustrated) and six illustrated never before made Star Wars themed recipes!!
(or go to this site: https://foundaclonewarszine.bigcartel.com )
Pre-orders will stay open from Oct. 23rd, 2020 to Nov. 27th, 2020
The first 50 physical orders will receive an EXCLUSIVE sticker
Shipping is FREE for USA orders and is reduced for International orders!!
This is a for charity zine, all profits will be donated to Christmas Box House International https://thechristmasbox.org
More information about each bundle (and stretch goals) is located under the cut or on our store page
firstprinceor nora holleran + june claremont-diaz ↳ he knows them both down to their split ends and nasty habits, but there’s a strange girl bond between them he can’t, and knows he isn’t supposed to translate.
where are those startups that are disrupting the glasses industry
zenni and it’s amazing and i love it 40 dollar bifocals fuck yeah
Hey I’m reblogging this again because if you need glasses here’s what I do:
I can’t articulate how many literal headaches Zenni has saved me because I just used to wear my old prescription until I had trouble keeping my eyes open from the strain. Now at the first hint of eye strain it’s like “Not today, Satan!” and I can plan for the $100 expense that’s going to last me potentially years.
- Go to Costco/Sams Club/WalMart - wherever they’ve got that $58 eye exam. That’s with no insurance, btw. Just $58 cash on the counter, you get your eyes examined.
- They’ll give you a copy of your prescription. ASK THE DOCTOR TO MEASURE YOUR PUPIL DISTANCE. If they don’t it’s not a huge deal, you just have to have a ruler around that has millimeters so you can measure it yourself and it won’t be as accurate but being off by as much as a centimeter isn’t a problem.
- Make them give you a copy of your prescription - you are allowed to have this, they have to give you it, you don’t have to buy glasses there. If anyone challenges you say you need a copy for your records and you’re not going to buy glasses today.
- Go to https://www.zennioptical.com/ and start looking at frames/glasses that you like. If you create an account it’ll let you upload a photo and based on your pupil distance the site will estimate how well various frames will fit you.
- Add the frames you like to cart and start checking out - the checkout process will ask you for your RX details that will be written in the boxes on your RX page. It’s pretty intuitive to copy it over but if you get lost use the livechat feature on the zenni page.
- Start selecting your glasses details. Your RX will determine what kind of lens you get (go with the one zenni recommends for materials and thickness) but your needs will determine the other stuff. I make sure to get the fancy oleophobic coating because I’m a slimy bog monster. I also get the cheapest pair of sunglasses possible because bog monsters hate the sun. You can get transitions lenses or anti-scratch coating or super lightweight lenses or whatever works best for you. The extras will add up in cost but you gotta do what you gotta do - my life is much better with a pair of sunglasses than it is with some clip-ons for my regular glasses; your life may be better with transitions lenses instead of carrying a second set of glasses. DO WHAT WORKS BEST FOR YOU.
- Don’t bother paying the rush shipping, this is going to take two weeks regardless.
- GLASSES ARRIVE. WEAR GLASSES.
- If the fit isn’t perfect see if the place that did your eye exam will adjust the fit for you. They often will free of charge.
- GLASSES. GLASSES. I CAN SEE.
- PROGRESSIVE BIFOCALS THAT COST $40 WITH CUTE FRAMES AND NICE COATING.
- It costs less for me to get two pairs of bifocals, one tinted and one clear, with special coatings and nice frames than it would cost me to get one pair of single-vision glasses from Warby Parker.
- The cheapest frames available for adults on Lenscrafter’s site is $69.95. That is JUST the frames, not the lenses. The lenses are like $200. The anti-glare coating is like $70. THE ANTI GLARE COATING IS FREE AND INCLUDED WITH YOUR PURCHASE AT ZENNI. Just the frames and the coating at lenscrafters costs more than my two pairs of glasses AND my eye exam.
For all my glasses wearing followers - I definitely recommend Zenni glasses because for $2 you can add text to them and have rainbow glasses that say “be gay do crime”
Just a reminder that it’s pride month which means Zenni has rainbow frames! Proceeds from all rainbow frames go to the It Gets Better project.
Did you see the moon is wet?? I think that's why people aren't handling things well
i found out like this
What’s your stock portfolio like
chicken, beef, veggetable. the classics, mostly
I was today years old when i found out that i was allowed time off to vote. Something no boss has ever told me.
Reblogging now but I’m also scheduling this to post again at the end of October, when folks may need a reminder that they may have right to time off work to vote.
worst Star Wars character, full stop? It’s the big purple Chewbacca guy in Rebels whose establishing character trait is that he loves to punch children and beat them up. Every episode he’s like “Oh boy what a day in space this is! I can’t wait to find some children, and beat the shit out of them” and everyone else on the ship, even the cool green getaway driver lady and Freddie Prinze Jr, is like “Oh baby-punching purple Chewbacca, there you go again!” Like what’s that guy’s DEAL?!?
hera and kanan love each other so mUCH
The narrative of ‘this person was disabled but their disability was cured as part of their story’ is ableist
The narrative of ‘this person is disabled but “overcame” disability in order for them to be a hero’ (e.g. a paralysed person finding a way to walk) is ableist
And just for clarification for the non-disabled, using adaptive technologies, like prostheses or whatever, is not ableist as long as you never forget. Ask yourself questions about the benefits but also the limitations of whatever adaptive thing you’re giving the character.
- They have to take a pill every day to treat a chronic illness or chronic pain? Okay, what happens when they forget, or are in a bad situation and run out of pills?
- They lost a limb or are paralyzed and now they have a sci-fi cybernetic prosthesis/exoskeleton to replace the lost functionality? Cool. What does maintenance look like? Does it ever malfunction? What happens if they don’t or can’t take care of it? Do they still get phantom pains even with the adaptation?
- They’re deaf or blind or anosmic, but they’re a wizard who uses magic to adapt to the lost sense? Fine. What does it take to maintain that magic? Do they have adaptive strategies for when the magic fails?
- They’re autistic or have ADHD or schizophrenia or some other cognitive disorder, and they have a chip in their head to make it easier to communicate when non-verbal? Okay. What exactly does it do for them? Does it ever malfunction or give them headaches? What are other ways they’ve adapted to their disability apart from this chip?
Other questions to ask that go for all kinds of things:
- Do they have a service animal? For what tasks or situations is it trained?
- Do their family/friends know how to help if their adaptive technologies/strategies fail?
- Is their disability (or the adaptation) visible or observable to others? How do others react?
- Has their society adapted to accommodate disabilities, and if so, in what ways? (Ramps, closed captions, sign language, etc.)
Basically, think about what it adds to the story to have your character disabled. If you were just going to completely cure it with no ongoing repercussions or adaptations, why did you bother making them disabled in the first place? What story were you telling?
really good addition
[ID: Mary Magdalene cleaning Jesus’s feet with her hair and a bottle of perfume. end ID]
[ID: Mary Magdalene cleaning Jesus’s feet with her hair and a bottle of perfume. end ID]
Jesus had a foot fetish
@ christians is this ur savior?
judas tried to say something and we know where that got him
Imagine Xena and Elphaba meeting each other and seeing something similar in each other, and then Elphie snaps at Gabrielle after she says something about goodness and Xena has a sword to her back and Elphie smiles and just starts in on a conversation about good and evil and souls