Six Sentence Sunday
@howlinchickhowl tagged me in the Six Sentence Sunday game where you gotta share six sentences from something you’re working on. I decided that it’ll be a fun little teaser to the next chapter of let the bodies do the talkin’, cause believe it or not, I’m about to update 😅 If you’re someone who likes to reread stuff before reading the update, it’s a good time to start.
So no, Mickey’s not going to text Ian. He’s simply scrolling through his phone while eating, like you do.
Why the hell does he always have to be the one to text Gallagher first after a fight anyway? (Sure, there’ve only had one fight before this one, but the point fucking stands.) He feels like he’s fighting with his middle school girlfriend. Mickey has never had one, but this is how he imagines it feels like.
Aaand that’s it :D
i was tagged by @howlinchickhowl to share six sentences from a fic i’m working on at the moment.
here’s something from a wip i havent rlly even talked about publicly but have been writing for the past 6 months lol <33
Mickey feels his eyebrows furrow sharply at that, alarm bells going off.
“Your family doesn’t know where you are?” Somehow the fact that Ian has a family hasn’t even crossed his mind until now. Fuck.
Ian looks away and shrugs again. “I doubt they even give a shit,” he says, but his voice betrays him and Mickey can tell he’s lying about that.
Ask Me About Music
1. Top 3 favorite bands of all time and top 3 favorite bands currently?
2. What are some bands you discovered/started listening to this year?
3. What are your top 5 favorite songs by your top 5 favorite bands?
4. Is there an artist that you only like one song by them?
5. Are you into musicals? If yes, name some of your favorites.
6. Musician who’s solo career you like more than their work with their bands?
7. If you could go back in time to attend any concert, which one would it be?
8. What bands did a friend get you into?
9. What decade do you think has the best music?
10. What singer do you think has the best voice?
11. How has your music taste changed in the last 5 years?
12. Your most recent music discovery?
13. What musician do you think has the best hair?
14. What musician biographies have you read?
15. Meme songs you love unironically?
16. Are there any songs you like better live than the studio recording?
17. Tell me some unpopular music opinions you have. It could be about a song, an album, a musician, the music industry as a whole, anything.
18. What band do you own the most merch of?
19. Do you have any music posters/tapestries/etc?
20. How many cds and vinyls do you own?
21. Do you own any band shirts? If so, what bands are they for?
22. What’s your stance on “you shouldn’t wear band shirts if you don’t know the band”?
23. If you wear band shirts, share a positive experience you’ve had when wearing one.
24. If you wear band shirts, share a negative experience you’ve had when wearing one.
25. Who’s someone you like as a musician but not as a person?
26. Who’s someone you like as a person but not as a musician?
27. Who’s someone you like as both a musician and a person?
28. If you use Spotify, name all the songs on your On Repeat playlist in order.
29. If you use Spotify, name all the songs on your Repeat Rewind playlist in order.
30. What are some bands you like but hardly ever post or talk about?
31. What are some bands people would expect you to like but you actually don’t?
32. What are some bands people would expect you to dislike but you actually don’t?
33. A band you used to love but now dislike?
34. A band you used to dislike but now love?
35. Top 10 favorite albums of all time?
36. Your least favorite song on your favorite album?
37. An underrated song on your favorite album?
38. Top 5 favorite debut albums?
39. Top 10 favorite songs of all time?
40. Record you don’t have but really want?
41. Has anyone ever talked to you about a record you were buying? If so, which one was it?
42. Your favorite band biopic?
43. What bands do you want biopics made about?
44. Bands you think are overrated?
45. What are some bands you think are hella underrated? If you’re up to it, recommend a few songs!
46. How did you get into your favorite band?
47. What’s a band you tried to get into but just couldn’t?
48. What’s a band that fans ruined for you?
49. Is there a band you didn’t like on your first listen, but you did after a few more?
50. What bands in your opinion only have a few good albums?
51. Is there an artist where you like the entirety of their discography?
52. What’s the most toxic/stressful music fandom you’ve been in?
53. What’s the least toxic/stressful music fandom you’ve been in?
54. Favorite instrumental song?
55. What’s a song you think would be better as an instrumental?
56. What’s an instrumental song you think would be better if it had lyrics?
57. Do you have crushes on any musicians?
58. Do your parents have crushes on any musicians?
59. Favorite song lyric?
60. Favorite music video?
61. Favorite guitar riff?
62. Favorite guitar solo?
63. Favorite bass line?
64. Favorite singer?
65. Favorite lead guitarist?
66. Favorite rhythm guitarist?
67. Favorite guitar duo?
68. Favorite bassist?
69. Favorite drummer?
70. Favorite 60s song?
71. Favorite 70s song?
72. Favorite 80s song?
73. Favorite 90s song?
74. Favorite 2000s song?
75. Favorite 2010s song?
76. A song you like that’s in a language you don’t speak?
77. A song you like with a name in the title?
78. A song you like with a number in the title?
79. A song you like with a color in the title?
80. Guilty pleasure songs?
81. Favorite movie soundtrack?
82. Cover songs you think are better than the original?
Omg, do you remember those mashup blogs that were like GOT screencaps with Parks & Rec quotes? You've made me think of Arrested Development + Shameless. Both about giant families who fight against each other and the world (except one is insanely rich, or at least used to be).
IAN: Do you guys know where I could get one of those gold necklaces with the ‘T’ on it?”
GENEVA: That’s a cross.
IAN: Across from where?
the closer 4A gets to having 300 subscribers the more insane i become. i’m falling apart. i cannot take this. three hundred people want to be notified when it gets an update. i’m going to walk into the ocean.
The fact that these are their real life conversations really blur the line between them in real life and their characters for me. Like, this could 100% be a Charlie/Dennis conversation as much as it is a Charlie/Glenn conversation.
Also, the audio of their spider conversation over the takes of Glenn getting hit by a car is peak comedy