I wrote 1700 words of fanfic today! That’s a lot for me! :D
I wrote 1700 words of fanfic today! That’s a lot for me! :D
Ainosuke: Puppy, remember when you used to be taller than me? <3 *petting his head*
Tadashi: Remember when you didn’t wear high heels? -_-
The sun is setting on the beach in Okinawa, as two seventeen-year-old boys sit side-by-side, watching the colorful, sparkling waves of the ocean. The tide comes in and cool water playfully tickles their toes.
“You’ve been quiet today,” Reki observed, looking over at his friend. “Is something up?”
“Well,” Langa speaks reluctantly. “There’s something that’s been on my mind recently.”
“You know you can tell me anything,” the red head replies with a smile. “I won’t judge you.”
“Okay,” Langa takes a deep breath. His knees were previously bent up to his chest, but he switched to sitting pretzel-legged and turns to his best friend. He looks him straight in the eyes and says “I like you.”
Reki is still and silent. A breeze blows their hair in their faces.
“No reaction?” Langa thinks to himself. He can feel himself sweating.
Reki wasn’t sure how to interpret those words. If some Japanese native said these same words to Reki, he wouldn’t have a doubt in his mind that he meant that he likes him romantically. But this was Langa. He’s Canadian. Reki’s heard plenty of stories about how people from that part of the world say they like and love each other every day, even if they aren’t super close. Plus, this was Langa! If Langa likes him that way, it would be too good to be true. So, Reki clears his throat and asks for clarification, not daring to assume his intention. “In what way?” He asks, a little worried that he might sound stupid.
Langa found himself questioning if he used the wrong Japanese phrase to express his feelings. He said “suki”, which means “like”. Was it not a strong enough word? He wondered. So he decided to be more blunt. “I want to be your boyfriend!” He made sure he used the word kareshi for boyfriend.
Reki blushed and smiled. “So that IS what you meant.” He got a little closer. “There are other ways of saying that in Japanese, you know.”
Langa was curious. “Oh, like what?” He noticed Reki’s face was inching closer.
“Well,” Reki smirks mischievously, “you could say aishiteiru, which is a traditional way of saying I love you in a romantic way…” Reki’s fingers were finding their way to Langa’s. “Or you could say koisuru, which sounds a lil’ more steamy, and it definitely wouldn’t get misconstrued.” His fingertips were now touching Langa’s. There certainly wasn’t any misunderstanding here.
Langa could feel Reki pulling towards him like a magnet. He was dangerously close. He gazed at Reki’s lips, glistening in the orange sunlight.
“You could also use horeru, which means you’re falling in love…” His lips were now nearly touching Langa’s. “Or kubittake, which means deeply or madly in love. Maybe it’s a bit old-school, but…” Reki interlaces his fingers with Langa’s, and his top lip grazes his love interest’s light pink lips. “I prefer aishiteiru.”
Their lips connected, so softly, yet so full of youthful energy and love. The sunset glowed gold and pink, basking them in warmth and love.
I see that the Sk8 manga is classified as Seinen, which makes me think “wow, is Japan finally acknowledging that there are gay men who want to read about gay men in a non pornographic context?”
Adam (to Langa): You’re sick of feeling numb. You’re not the only one. I’ll take you by the hand, and I’ll show you a world that you can understand~
I like to think of myself as a writer, but I just write a bunch of 200 word smut fics for the most part. xD
Does anyone else have a tendency to hyperfixate on characters being depressed and miserable? Because lately I notice that even when a character I love is happy most of the time, I keep focusing on when they’re depressed.
Sk8 the Infinity, aka Yuri on Air
If conventions were going on right now, I would see a bunch of Jujutsu and Sk8 cosplayers, and I’d be like “whoa, for once I’m actually familiar with popular new anime!”
Choose a number and put it in my ask box! I’ll answer the question. Pass this along if you want to answer questions too!
1) Favorite member of the Sanzo Ikkou
2) A character in Saiyuki that grew on you
3) Your favorite animated adaption of Saiyuki (TV show/Movie/Ova)
4) Favorite member of Kougaiji’s group
5) If you ship characters, what is your favorite pairing?
6) Which character doesn’t appear often enough for you?
7) If you could bring a character back from the past volumes, alive or dead, who would it be?
8) Which character do you really dislike?
9) What’s your favorite moment in the manga?
10) Which Ikkou member do you think acts the most like their godly form?
11) Most adorable character in the series
12) Favorite episode in the TV Series
13) Favorite song (sung by a character or in the animated adaptions)
14) If the Ikkou were animals, what would [character] be?
15) The most ruthless character
16) How do you hope the series will end?
17) How long have you enjoyed Saiyuki?
18) If you’ve heard them what is your favorite drama CD?
19) What do you think [character] will be doing in 10 years after the journey?
20) What scene makes you really angry?
21) Have you had success in getting your friends into Saiyuki?
22) Which character do you think is most like you?
23) Make me choose [character] or [character]
24) The Sexiest character
25) If [character] were to be revived in modern times, what do you think they’d be doing? Occupation?
26) What other anime/manga do you enjoy?
27) How do you react when your absolute fav gets injured?
28) When looking for fics, what genre do you enjoy the most?
29) An alternate universe you’d like to see
30) Favorite manga arc
31) Favorite villain, or at least most sympathetic
32) Do you enjoy writing/drawing/creating fan works for the Saiyuki fandom?
33) When a new chapter [does/does not] come out, you feel…
My little Sk8 hurt/comfort fic has over 100 kudos now! ;w; It’s almost my most popular! It’s second only to my Beastars smut. xD
Langa’s mom: Boys, don’t forget to wear protection!!
Reki and Langa both turn beet red. Langa’s mom doesn’t immediately realize why, and then she turns red too and adds “I meant helmets and knee pads!! …But that’s important too!”
My Sk8 ships
1. Renga, the purest of loves
2. TadaAi, which in my opinion should be called Aitada or Puppyshipping. Perfect for when I want a bdsm couple
3. Eden, which makes me feel conflicted, because it goes against my first two ships. But I love how infatuated Adam is with Langa. And Langa not being outright disgusted by Adam’s advances is such a breathe of fresh air compared to most anime where the villain obsesses over the protagonist.
4. MatchaBlossom. I think the fact that they’re so obviously a married couple somehow makes me fangirl over them LESS than the others?
The more I think about it, the more I see Reki as the uke.
Reki is sitting on a barstool at Joe’s restaurant.
Joe: You two are just friends?
Reki: *shrugs* Yeah.
Joe: And you’re gay?
Joe: You’re gay best friends? … Don’t you think there’s something off about this picture?
Reki: Well, I don’t wanna assume he likes me like that just ‘cause I know he’s gay! What if he doesn’t like me back?
Kaoru: *comes out from the back of the restaurant after overhearing their conversation* Hahahaha! (He’s laughing so hard that he’s holding his stomach*
Reki: What did I do?! Why is Cherry laughing?!
Joe: *puts an arm around his boyfriend’s shoulder* Because, Reki, you’d have to be blind not to know that Langa’s madly in love with you.
Skateboarding politician Hisoka? Yes, please!
I keep being surprised by how broad Langa’s shoulders are!
I want to think Reki is a little softer than Langa, even though they both do the same amount of physical activity, and Langa eats more.
Langa tying Reki’s shoe laces when Reki has a broken arm. :)