A Sims 4 challenge by @bloomesimss and @itstwina
This legacy is for the lesser-known characters of Stardew Valley! If you do not like the characters we chose, we are thinking of doing more versions of this legacy in the future with different characters! So please don’t be rude or anything, because we worked hard on this!
- Your sims do not have to look like the character the generation is based on, have the same name, or the same gender.
- Use the hashtag #sdvs4 if you want us to see your posts/gameplay!
- This challenge uses gameplay from all packs! If you do not have the packs that are used, there will be alternatives!
- It is also recommended you finish the aspiration that fits with the generation, but you do not have to unless the rules of the generation say so!
- If there is a career path option, you can choose whatever you want, unless the generation specifies.
- We worked so hard on this challenge! And we hope you enjoy!
Generation 1 - the Farmer.
As a kid, your grandpa would always tell you stories about his farm in a place called Stardew Valley when he visited. Since his first story, you decided you want to be a farmer when you grow up. Now, you’re finally old enough. Your grandpa is going to pass away soon, and he gives you his farm, a big ol’ plot of land, filled with trees, rocks, and logs. You hope to one day clear it all out and plant lots and lots of crops, all the while making friends with everyone in Stardew Valley.
Traits: Family Oriented, Loves the Outdoors, Cheerful
Aspiration: Freelance Botanist (you must finish this aspiration)
Career: None (You must get all of your money from your crops)
- Have over 50 plants
- Marry anyone you want, but only have two kids.
- Have no job, only get money from your produce/crops. (And if you need to, your spouse’s job.)
- Have a cabin type house, with a kitchen, the master bedroom, one bathroom, one room for your two kids (they must share through their whole lives!), and a basement (you can keep anything down here, but it can’t be a bedroom!)
- Have a full relationship with your spouse and kids.
- Have one best friend
- Dig at least 10 of the rock/minerals
Generation 2 - the Wizard.
Let’s be honest here, you’re a bit of a loner. You lived with your parents long after your sibling moved out. When you do move out, you live alone, being a scientist.
Traits: Loner, Creative, Gloomy
Aspiration: Nerd Brain
Career: Scientist (If you don’t have Get to Work, Secret Agent!)
- Have a bad relationship with your sibling (you two were always so different.)
- Have only two friends, your parents. (If you need to, you can have a friend for social need, but they can not be known about.)
- Only leave your house for work. (You can go into your back/front yard for your aspiration, and if you need to, go out into the world for your job tasks.)
- Have one kid, but it was an accident, and the mother/father has left you.
- Despite your anger towards having a child, they eventually turn into your best friend.
Generation 3 - Linus.
You were an accident, neither of your parents wanted you, so much as to one of them left you and your father/mother. You ended up running away from home, and started to live out in nature. You loved everything about it, much like your grandparent, who was a farmer. As you grew up, you turned out to be best friends with your mother/father.
Traits: Loves the Outdoors, Glutton, Loner
Aspiration: Outdoor Enthusiast (If you don’t have Outdoor Retreat, the Curator)
Career: None (Earn money from collecting things.)
- Only gain money from collecting. (If you absolutely have to, you can paint.)
- Find love with a kind sim who gives you their extra food, gives you warm clothes and blankets during the winter, etc.
- Have as many kids as you want, but it has to be more than 2 and less than 6.
- Live in a tent for most of your life, and as you get one kid, you get a shed. Another kid, you get a room added on, etc.
- Only have low-quality items.
Generation 4 - Pierre.
You’ve heard stories about your parent’s life in the woods, and how your other parent was kind, and eventually fell in love. You wish to raise a family, and to also run a store. You devote your life to this store when you have it, and pride yourself in winning the grange fair display every single year. (Seriously Pierre, would it kill you to let us win for once?) You wish your child would be more formal. Why can’t they just dye their hair a normal color?
Traits: Perfectionist, Hot Headed, Snob
Aspiration: Successful Lineage
Career: Bakery Owner (If you don’t have Get to Work, the Culinary Career.)
- Have one kid.
- Don’t get along with your kid.
- Spend almost all of your time in your store. (If you have one.)
Generation 5 - Jodi.
You always hoped for a big happy family. But your spouse decides they want to join the military. Yes, its great to help people, but how is this helping you? This is the worst thing that you could think of to happen. Your kids won’t have another parent figure for most of their life… you hope that there is some way to make them happy.
Traits: Family Oriented, Neat, Cheerful
Aspiration: Big Happy Family
Career: Stay at home parent (Get money from gardening, collecting, etc. You can cheat to get 500 simoleons from your spouse each Sunday.)
- Have a garden.
- Have two kids.
- Have a spouse that only comes home every 7 weeks for 3 days. (You can keep track of the week or just guess. To make them leave, put them in a different household.)
- When your spouse becomes an elder, they stay home for good.
- One of your kids must have the active trait.
Generation 6 - Marnie.
You have always loved animals. If you don’t take care of them, who will? You hope to one day have kids, but you can never seem to find love. Instead, you decide to adopt.
Traits: Cheerful, Family Oriented (you’d like to think of your animals as your family.), Loves the Outdoors
Aspiration: Big Happy Family
Career: Writer (I know Marnie isn’t a writer, but it just seems like a Marnie type career.)
- Have more than 10 fish.
- Have 10 frogs. (You can have more if you’d like to.)
- Adopt 2 kids.
- You can have a garden if you want but you don’t have to!
Generation 7 - Emily.
You felt like you only had one parent figure growing up. But now, you live with your sibling in your parent’s old house. (You can move the parents to another house.) You love to create things, especially clothes!
Traits: Creative, Cheerful, Perfectionist
Aspiration: Renaissance Sim (You do not need to complete this aspiration, it’s just a kind of filler, since there are really no aspirations that fit Emily’s character.)
Career: Entertainer (Any branch, and you can get extra money from the craft working table.)
- Master the Handiness skill.
- Fix all broken objects in the house (As soon as you turn into a teen.)
- Make everything on the craft working table.
- Have as many kids as you like!
- Live with your sibling until married. (If they get married first, they move out and you get the house. If you get married first, you move out and they get the house.)
Generation 8 - Willy.
Your mom (or dad) was always working hard trying to make her dreams come true… And you want to do the same, as a fisherman. Ever since you were little you have loved fishing and what better way to make money that doing what you love?
Traits: Loves outdoors, Cheerful, Good
Aspiration: Angling Ace
Career: None. (You get money from selling your fish!)
- Master fishing skill
- Complete Angling Ace aspiration
- Fish every day (from child to death/when you move on to the next generation)
- Go fishing in the Sylvan Glade for at least 5 hours a week
Generation 9 - Lewis.
Ever since you were young you wanted to be a politician. When you became the mayor of Pelican Town, you were the happiest you could be! You kept being the mayor, year after year, so you stopped trying to beat anyone. Everyone at Pelican Town loves to have you as their mayor!
Traits: Good, Outgoing, Goofball
Aspiration: Friend of the World
Career: Politician (If you don’t have City Living, the Business Career!)
- Have over 15 friends.
- Master the Charisma skill.
- Have 1 kid.
Generation 10 - Grandpa.
You are so proud of your family tree. But you (or your spouse) is physically unable to have kids. And you don’t have enough money to adopt. So, maybe you can’t extend your family tree.. but you can still be proud of it! You spend all your life doing something of each of your ancestors.
Traits: Family Oriented, Ambitious, Perfectionist
Aspiration: Renaissance Sim
Career: None. (You spend all your time on your skills.)
- Have a garden.
- Have 1 fish and 1 frog.
- Collect things.
- Have a store to sell your collectibles/crops/frogs. (You don’t have to keep this open all the time.)
- Have a spouse only if you want.
- Make things on the craft working table.
- Only get your fish from fishing.
- Master the Charisma skill.
That’s it! I hope you enjoyed this legacy challenge if you did it! We worked so hard on this and we are glad that you enjoy it!