Safia Elhillo, from Home Is Not a Country; “Boys”
“I think this deck’s almost finished,”
He’s got no idea there’s paint on his face. In fact, there’s so much paint on his face. In all different colors. Some of it muddles together, but most of it has dried in neat little streaks. How’d he even manage that?
while I’m still dragging his fashion sense I would like to point out that on multiple occasions reki has worn his headband under a baseball cap
I just said this to Christie but I’m saying it here too : Reki thinks a fun date idea would be going shopping and picking each other out an outfit I am so SO sorry to any of his partners
OFF TOPIC and I’ll go back to making fun of reki’s outfits of choice in a minute probably but WHY HAVE I NEVER SEEN THIS PICTURE OF HIS ROOM?
begging for more muses to look at reki and go ‘what the fuck are you wearing?’
Anonymous asked: Reki is it true that if someone squeezes you you squeak like a squeaky toy
“What?! Of course it’s not true, that’s just stupid, I’m not some
kid’s squeaky toy. Who even told you that?! Where’d you hear
fun question for langa rpers with the winter olympics coming up : do you think he competed slopestyle or halfpipe?
BABE WAKE UP THE FULL DYNAMIC ILLUSTRATION WAS RELEASED
THAT RESPONSE MAKES HIS HOPES OF THEM HAVING SOME DASH. he should really learn to stop expecting things when it comes to food. this is almost as fruitless as him ordering poutine in an italian restaurant. ❝ it’s like a little pastry you put in the toaster. they’re sweet. ❞ he explains as he shakes behind reki. he’s a little nervous on the board, being outside the park felt a little daunting.
HE WOBBLES SLIGHTLY, BUT MANTAINS HIS BALANCE. he’s getting a little more confident, thanks to reki’s teachings and modifications. as he speeds behind him, he halfway fantasizes about the food. he was truly a bottomless pit, no matter how much he ate, he never felt truly full. ❝ i don’t think you’d like them very much. ❞
Reki, for the most part, keeps his attention behind him as he leads the way to the store, intentionally skating at an easy pace to keep an eye on Langa who trails behind him. There’s a soft glow of pride the further they continue outside the park — Langa really was improving, if not in confidence than at least in balance. He shakes, but he hasn’t fallen yet and Reki counts that as a win.
A thoughtful hum at his newfound friend’s words, head tilting ever so slightly as he shifts his weight ( and attention ) forward through a turn. Not too fast, of course.
“How come? Cause they’re too sweet? I seriously don’t
get how you guys eat such sweet stuff. Doesn’t it taste
like too much?”
In longing, you feel hope. You’re on a long road, you know this. Your desire is strong, big in your chest but you don’t feel weighed down. You’ve had your hardships, but you know what you truly seek is, or could be, not far from your grasp. Not to say you don’t feel the burning in your heart for something more, but theres still a spark in you, a voice that says, “don’t give up, what if?” You can be patient. You know you must be. Your yearning is felt like a campfire in rain, the circumstances say the flame should be out, but yet it burns, as long as god willing or sheer effort keeps it alive. You feel the pull in your gut that makes your throat tighten with the ache of your heart but you softly smile, it’s just a reminder of your love. You aren’t afraid of your feelings in the way that would make you push them away because you’re familiar with them and you know the payoff would be well worth the grief. You’re doing great my darling, you will find your love if you have not already.
& .˚ found family prompts. ( it is a very loved dynamic so here are some memes to go wild with it. these are mainly fluff, supportive and some emotional ones. to reverse the action prompts, send ( prompt ) + )
- “ you’re not alone, not anymore . ”
- “ i didn’t really have anyone before you guys . ”
- “ thank you for everything you’ve done for me . ”
- “ you’re my family . ”
- “ you’re my family, screw what everyone else says . ”
- “ i now have a life i like living because of your support . ”
- “ you’re the best thing that ever happened to me . ”
- “ hey, i got you . ”
- “ let us take care of you . ”
- “ a fight doesn’t change anything between us . ”
- “ we still care about you . ”
- “ you know you can talk to me about anything, right ? ”
- “ if you need anything i’ll be there for you . ”
- “ you’ll always have a place with us . ”
- “ i’ve got your back . ”
- “ i love you . ”
- “ do you want a hug ? ”
- “ i’m here, i promise . ”
- “ i’m not going anywhere . ”
- “ are you okay ? ”
- “ hey, [name]. tell me what’s wrong . ”
- “ i’m going to prank [name], do you want to help me ? ”
- “ you’re one of us now . ”
- ( hug ) - for the sender’s muse to hug the receiver’s muse after an emotional moment .
- ( kiss ) - for the sender’s muse to kiss the receiver’s muse on the forehead, head, cheek, [insert where you want ] .
- ( bed ) - for the sender’s muse to join the receiver’s muse on their bed and cuddle after a long day .
- ( food ) - for our muses to cook together .
- ( tears ) - for the sender’s muse to wipe the receiver’s muse tears .
- ( blanket ) - for the sender’s muse to place a blanket on top of the receiver’s muse after a hard day / after they’ve fallen asleep somewhere .
- ( help ) - for the sender’s muse to patch the receiver’s muse up .
- ( reconciliation ) - for our muse to make up after a fight .
- ( fun ) - for our muses to spent the day doing fun activities together .
- ( protect ) - for the sender’s muse to step between the receiver’s muse and a threat to protect them .
anonymous asked: SERATONIN IS STORED IN THE FUNKY SKATEBOARD GUY !!!!!!!
SO TRUE ANON
howl’s moving castle au but specifically following the book because the thought of reki being able to just speak magic into things and having no idea he’s capable of this fills me with joy
I just watched ep11 with vivi and I’m just here to say reki would’ve won the beef if his board hadn’t broken thanks
yes I am still thinking about how the stage play leaned into the saddest possible concepts for reki and langa re: his friend’s accident and his dad’s death respectively and I AM a complete wreck over it, thanks for asking
not to be on my bullshit ( and I’m very happy the show ended without saying who won the race because the important part is that they’re together and they’re having fun ) but I think it would be very poetic if reki won the race against langa
@enchule asked: “You know, usually when people come to a restaurant, they pay after they eat.” ( Joe
Reki doesn’t even have the courtesy to try and look abashed when he grins up at the older skater currently taking away his empty plate. The awe he once felt has dissipated into something easy, something familiar ; it’s easy to forget that Joe is the six pack skater, one of the gods of ‘ S ‘ when he ( and Cherry Blossom, too ) has welcomed the younger skaters into his routine so readily.
That doesn’t mean Reki’s forgotten, of course. He idolized the founding members for years. But it’s easy for that incredulous feeling to fall into the background of fond banter.
“Really? Damn, I never knew. So I guess it’s extra cool
of you to give me a free meal. Perks of knowing the
owner I guess?”