Muggleborns whose parents are super impressed with them for getting straight A’s at school without knowing that A stands for acceptable
Hmmm basically every Romione quote is underrated AF because everyone sleeps on their relationship, but Chamber of Secrets was a good book for Romione and these quotes are pretty cool:
Married and compromising at the age of twelve. (You know that Ron was super impressed w/ the fact that she was breaking rules.) And this is the beginning of Hermione’s career of Breaking Rules Whenever She Pleases.
Ron and Hermione having fun without Harry. Ron and Hermione had more in common apart from being friends with the BWL, and I hate how people forget that.
Why Romione is the best and Dr*mione sucks.
Pure comedic gold. Ron was totally jealous of Lockhart. I don’t remember Harry or anyone else giving a shit that Hermione had a crush on their teacher. Not to mention, Hermione did care about what Ron thought of her and she was embarrassed of letting him know that she had a crush on Lockhart.
More Jelly!Ron. More Hermione avoids telling her future husband that she has a crush on her teacher. Also:
“If I’d sprouted whiskers, I’d take a break from work.”
Seriously, where the hell did fandumb get the idea that Ron makes fun of Hermione for being smart? He doesn’t. Most of the time, he is concerned for her well-being and reminds her to take care of herself so she wouldn’t overwork herself. He tells her that her well-being is more important than schoolwork and he is right.
I’m keeping this one because I forgot about it. In the movies, Ron thought it was funny when Hermione turned into a cat but that never happened in the books. Ron would never laugh at Hermione if she were in pain. It was only Myrtle who was laughing.
Ooooh more reasons why Dr*mione sucks and Romione is the best :D
Ron: what are you doing?
Hermione, squeezing into ron’s arm: i am
Ron: Do you mean….cuddling?
Hermione: did I stutter? This is my safe place
Now put your arms around me.
Whenever someone tells me that Ron is pointless, I always ask them to imagine the Harry Potter series without Ron. After all, if Ron is completely pointless, then his presence shouldn’t matter. But there are a few problems in a Ron-less HP series.
1. Family. Arguably Ron’s biggest contribution to the series is that he opens up his family to Harry. One could say that Ginny, Fred or George could have easily have done so but let’s not forget that none of them are in Harry’s year. Fred and George spent more time pulling pranks than wanting to be friends with Harry and seeing that they are both each other’s best friend, it makes it hard to have an impact on Harry. Ginny comes a year later by which time, it might be too late to imprint on Harry’s character. At 11 years old,Harry needed a best friend who was constantly with him at all times. Taking out Ron means taking out the Weasleys and without a family, Merlin only knows just how Harry might have turned out.
2. Harry’s character. Harry is someone who has a rather angry temperament though to no fault of his own, seeing how much pain he had to go through. Ron wears his heart on his sleeve and is no pushover when it comes to arguing. Without Ron there to support and challenge Harry at times, Harry often feels miserable and empty as seen in the two times that Ron isn’t around. Even with Hermione around, Harry still feels depressed as compared to the third book when he and Ron were against Hermione in the Firebolt incident. In that incident, we see a rather guilt-ridden Harry but one who was not so much in misery for not having Hermione by his side. Hermione is extremely important to Harry but as in the fourth book, it is Ron who Harry would miss the most.
3. Formation of the Golden Trio. Imagine having no Ron during that first train ride. Hermione wouldn’t be at odds with him and thus, wouldn’t have been crying in the bathroom. Would she and Harry still be friends without a troll to fight? Hermione, in her first year, admitted herself that she was unable to make friends and her know-it-all character back then made it hard to do so. The troll incident was thus crucial to the formation of the trio which couldn’t have happened if Ron and Hermione hadn’t been fighting in the first place.
4. Hermione’s character. I laugh every time someone tells me that Ron would become abusive to Hermione. Remind me again who set birds on whom and who is better at casting spells? Nevertheless, Ron is the person that Hermione needed for her personal growth. Hermione, at a young age, was accustomed to being right and that led to a form of pride that can be annoying at times. Ron was the guy that brought her back down to earth. With Ron constantly bickering in her face, it prevented any form of hubris from growing inside of Hermione. Yes, Ron is insensitive and immature but he was also very honest about his feelings and he treated Hermione as an equal rather than a Mary Sue. Ron is also highly protective of Hermione and can be seen defending her against Draco, Snape, Sirius (when he was suspected to have killed James and Lily) and at Malfoy Manor. She does the same for him as well. Add the fact that Hermione falls for Ron and vice versa, nothing else needs to be said.
5. Plot wise. Ron is the one who beats the chess task. The one who helps Harry break into the Chamber of Secrets (thank Merlin for that broken wand). The one who brought Scabbers to Hogwarts, allowing for Sirius’s innocence to be revealed, helped Harry countless times not only on missions but in life as well. Not to mention saving Harry from drowning in a lake. Ron is also important in giving information about the wizarding world to Harry and Hermione.
6. Can’t be replaced. Just like Hermione, Ron is irreplaceable when it comes to the HP story.
Summary: As Headhealer at St Mungo’s, you are tasked with finding a cure for Troll’s flu, a new virus that has been circulating the country. Struggling with the task, you seek help from you friend and Potions Master Severus Snape. Working closely beside him, you start to realize your feeling for him are more than mutual.
Word Count: 4359
A/N: Thank you @trishaabarnes for the request, it was fun to write. I decided to keep this to only the readers POV, it was interesting to say the least. I felt a bit limited, not sure how I feel about it.
Reaching over, you took out a quill and your inkwell, placing them on your office desk. Being the Headhealer at St Mungo’s had its perks of course, but you couldn’t lie, it was quite dull at times. Today was one of those days filled with meaningless paperwork and endless amount of budget planning, each sector of the hospital never seeming to have enough equipment. That was why you were glad to receive a letter from an old friend, not that it surprised you of course. You and Severus had been regular correspondence for quite some time now, and though your friendship was rocky during his Death Eater days, you still found it in your heart to stand by him during his trial, thankful to hear him cleared of his charges.
Was it crazy to be writing to a former Death Eater? Your coworkers would sure think so. But they didn’t know him like you did. He has a brilliant mind and when it comes down to it, his loyalties would always be good and true.
You shifted your chair as you pulled one of the drawers to your right, looking for spare paper to write on. Nothing. You could have sworn you’d just restocked, though with the amount of paperwork you’d been doing lately, it shouldn’t have surprised you that you’d run out so quickly. You continued to rummage through your drawers until you finally found something to write on. Writing back to Severus was going to be the highlight of your day, you just knew it, so what would be the harm in dragging out a letter a little longer than you should? Well, perhaps the recipient of your letter might not be too happy, but he’d surely gotten used to your long-winded rants by now.
AW THis is so beautiful🥺❤️
Ron: hey mione could i do anything
hermione: *wispers* yes, you could do me
3 year old Rose: Aunty Ginny, my daddy is only my daddy right?
Ginny: ofcourse honey. Ron is only your daddy.
Rose: then why was mummy calling him daddy last night?
Rose: yes uncle Harry, I heard them last night. Mummy was shouting ‘yes daddy yes!’
Rose(on the verge of tears): but mummy’s daddy is granpa Granger. My daddy is only my daddy.
Harry(inwardly): congrats!! you are scarred for life like the rest of us. Those two!!! I swear to god…
Ginny: I will talk to your mummy, darling. Don’t worry.
“Mum…” He tugged on her sleeve as she stood washing the dishes, “Tell me about Professor Dumbledore again.”
“Severus….” Eileen paused to glance down at him, “I have told you everything I know.”
“Is it true he’s the most powerful wizard ever?” Severus climbed up onto the worktop, picking up the towel to help her dry the plates and cutlery, careful not to be too rough with those already chipped, “In all of history?”
“Some people say that, yes.” She plunged her hands back into the water, “He is very kind.”
“And he’ll be my teacher?”
“No - he’s Headmaster now, so you will only be sent to him if you do something very naughty….” She stopped, and he met her gaze with defiant defence of how that would not be the case, “Or something wonderful.” She leaned over to kiss his forehead, “I am sure he will be very pleased to meet you in September. Now, away with you, before your father gets home and sees you up after bedtime.”
Severus hopped down with grace that did not belong to an eleven year old and hurried back to his room. Once the house had quietened, he slid his hand under the mattress to pull out the piece of parchment and read it, again, even though he knew the words by heart - and stared at the picture of the wizard he longed to be like.
- - - - -
“We’ll get to meet Albus Dumbledore!” Severus slowed his swing down as Lily looked at him, “Who is he?”
He gaped at her, “You don’t - well I guess you wouldn’t - Albus Dumbledore is the greatest wizard ever. He’s so powerful and clever, I am going to learn so much from him.” He brought his swing to a stop, scuffed trainers sliding across the dirt, “I am going to be his best student.”
Lily giggled, and warmth spread through him at both the sound, and the thought. “I think you will be. You already know so much!”
Severus stared off into the distance, thinking about speaking the thought aloud, but choosing not to because he did not know how she would react - but the best thing about Albus Dumbledore was that he was going to give Severus the knowledge he needed, for power.
- - - - -
He was almost asleep when his mother slipped into the room and closed the door quietly behind her. He sat up, instantly. “What is it?”
She wrapped an arm around his shoulders and he thought he could feel her shivering, but it seemed very warm as it was July. She soothed his hair and kissed his forehead a couple of times, in that way she did so infrequently now, and he felt this need to wrap his arms around her, protect her, “I brought you something Sev.”
Sudden excitement could not chase the lingering funny feeling in his stomach away, but he smiled anyway. “What is it?”
“I remembered I had this from a little while ago.” She passed him a small book from inside her cardigan. He scanned the title - “It’s someone else writing about Professor Dumbledore and all his achievements. You could ask him about them?” She rested a hand on his as he scrambled to open it, “But….it’s time for sleeping now, so you can look at it tomorrow.”
He hugged her so tightly he wondered if she might snap, but she simply hugged him back with the same intensity. “I am going to learn how to protect you, Mum.”
“I don’t need protecting, Sev.”
But after she left him to go to sleep, he closed his eyes with his arms wrapped around the book, and he thought about Professor Dumbledore teaching him how to be the most powerful wizard ever and he would come back here and he would rid the house of the monster and Mum would smile again without the constant glances to the clock.
- - - - -
He had stared at Albus Dumbledore across the Great Hall as much as he could when he thought he would not be noticed. He could not believe he was here, finally, in the presence of this incredible wizard - he was even more magnificent in person, and how everyone looked to him and how, when he smiled, it was the most reassuring smile Severus had ever seen and he desperately wanted to be noticed - he wanted to be like Professor Dumbledore so badly.
He watched as the older wizard clapped the Sorting of the boys from the train into the Gryffindor house and he wanted to be clapped like that too, he wanted someone to be proud of him, to see potential - he had practised so much already, he knew so many different curses and spells - his name was called and he crossed the short distance to the stool with the kindly lady in the green robes. The Hat murmured to him, debating, and he thought of how he wanted power, and knowledge, and finally the Hat decided on “Slytherin!” and he slipped down from the chair and as he looked across to the teacher’s table again, his eyes caught with the Headmaster’s, who did not clap, but watched him back most carefully, and when Severus offered that polite smile his mother had taught him…like he did not exist, Albus Dumbledore looked away.
- - - - -
I think, of all my head canons, this is the saddest of them all.
My heart is broken poor little severus ;-;
Omg I’m in tears… I wanna hug him and tell him he is the best 😭
I fell sorry for tom riddle for what he had become
Yes i do feel sorry for him but i dont support the things which he had done. I will give you my reasons for it.
Tom Riddle was born under the influence of love potion so it was obvious he didnt know what love was , he was never wanted by his parents . He was brought up in an orphanage where people might have ignored him because he started showing his magical ability. Also he was born in the timeline between WW1 and WW2 so there was economy problem too . After he went to hogwarts he was sorted into slytherin. As it is slytherins were not much in favour irrespect to other house. Dumbledore himself as the deputy headmaster never helped him because he was in so called ‘evil’ house. Tom therefore was drawn to darkarts because he was alone , mislead ( no was there to lead the right way) created powerful object which furthur lead to rise of what we now know VOLDEMORT.
what i am trying to say is that it was his mother fault to give his father the love potion . His mother should not have abandoned him as a kid . He never knew love. At hogwarts, dumbledore should have helped him instead of ignoring him . Should have show him the right way . Just because he was in slytherin he was ignored mislead . no house at hogwarts are evil or useless they are equally brilliant . Just because one person was bad or coward or turned evil doesnt spoil the whole house.
There good people in slytherin too. Merlin himself was a fcking slytherin.
I’m still baffled over the fact that there are people who think that Tom Riddle should have just become a better person despite his circumstances. Like he should have just opened his eyes one day and shaken off every negative thing weighing him down and become a good person.
These people are the same ones who use Harry Unrealistic Abuse Survivor Potter as an example. Harry had shitty experiences and was abused growing up and he turned out to be an angel so obviously Tom could have ended up the same but chose not to.
There are many similarities between them, this is true. Such that make me ship them. But there are differences.
- Was wanted by his parents.
- Loved by his parents and godfather.
- Grew up in a world not ravaged by a World War that had bombs dropped on his home city every year and didn’t live in a Great Depression.
- Found out he was very wealthy and could afford anything his heart desired.
- Got his first friend when he was 11. It was an owl who was also his first gift and pet.
- Made his first human friend at 11. Made more after that.
- Was popular at Hogwarts from the jump(because of something he personally didn’t do) and because he was in the ‘good’ House.
- Was catered to by Dumbledore and given liberties not usually allowed to 1st years. That made him cool.
- His best friend’s parents treated him like he was their own son.
- His godfather, despite not being the best adult figure, tried to be there when he could be.
- Was accepted as a Halfblood and didn’t really face any backlash for it.
- Wasn’t wanted by his parents.
- Wasn’t loved by his parents.
- Grew up in the middle of the Great Depression caused by WWI, and during WWII where London was perpetually bombed for years, killing people all the time.
- Was dirt poor.
- Didn’t have any friends.
- Was not popular from the jump. He was in the ‘evil’ House after all.
- Was disliked by Dumbledore, the Deputy Headmaster of his school.
- Wasn’t wanted by the rest of the family he had.
- Was thought to be a Mudblood in a House that hates them.
There is a common theme here. Tom Riddle is incapable of opening his eyes and becoming a better person because he needs help with all this bad just piling up. An example to follow to help him would be nice. Harry Potter has Ron Weasley, Hagrid, Hermione, his Housemates, the Weasleys, Sirius, Remus, his parents’ love and adoration, MCGonagall Dumbledore’s support, plus Dumbledore’s Army, even Snape and many others. He has wealth on his side to take care of himself with if he has to. The muggle side isn’t at war. His time period is pretty decent. He’s generally popular in school from the start.
And what does Tom Riddle have on his side to bring him out of the darkness and show him a better way of life from what he was stuck facing when he went ‘home’ every year?
Harry escaped becoming a second Voldemort by having someone there. A friend. A parental figure. Someone that gave a damn about him and wanted what was best for him. Someone willing to teach him. Perfect strangers just willing to stretch out a helping hand.
Harry didn’t wake up one day and suddenly become an angel who can do no wrong and represents all the goodness in the world. Even in his worst times, someone was there to talk him down and teach him better, whether he wanted to hear what they had to say or not. Tom Riddle didn’t get that. Dumbledore wasn’t doing anything to try and help him, and he was the kid’s teacher, not some strange woman with half a dozen kids that Tom barely knew.
And you know, sometimes people need help and they shouldn’t be shamed for needing that help.
One wrong move could have created a 2nd Voldemort, and one right move could have made certain that Voldemort never happened at all.
Ron’s dirty joke strike again.
Ron: hermione ? why dont we play house?
you will be the door and i’ll slam you
Harry: did you cut my phrenic nerve?
because baby, you take my breath away
ginny: maybe i should give you mouth to
Mouth resuscitation to make sure you’re
Breathing returns to normal.
Harry : but…I was the one that was supposed
To make you blush.
Hermione : if you like ron raise your hand
Ron-bashers: what if we hate him
Hermione: then raise your standards bitch
Severus : minerva ? what does “wdym” implies?
minerva: what do you mean .
severus : i said what does “wdym” implies?
minerva: yes ,what do you mean
Severus: *irritated*oh whatever i will ask albus
*Gets up and leave*
minerva: *confused* wtf ? it implies what do
you Mean. Duh
[Hermione trips while walking and ron
hermione: *blushes* what?
Ron: did you just fell for me?
On 31st October 1981 at Godric’s Hollow .
Lily and james talking and suddenly a knock
Came on the door.
Lily and james: Who’s there?
Voldy: you know..
Lily and james: you-know-who?
Lily and james: *run*
James: lily, take harry and go…
Remus: don’t you think this is crazy?
Remus: my heart is beating so loudly right
Sirius: *blushing* why?
Remus: there’s a cockroach near your feet
Sirius: *jumps to mid-air*
James at some point in the fifth year trying to flirt with lily
James: hey evans! do you know i can make you very happy
Lily: why? are you leaving hogwarts?
james: err *tries again* hah do u believe in first sight love or should i walk by again?
Lily: yea, but this time dont stop.
*remus and sirius are wheezing listening to james who is trying to flirt*
james: *to himself* now or never. Evans! dont be shy ask me out already.
Lily: ok get out . *Walks away*
sirius: good try prongs!
Me in a hospital after an accident
Doctor: Omg ms. You are loosing too much of blood what’s your type?
Me : tall man with deep voice hooked nose and long black hair oh and also who wears a long black cloa-
Doctor: blood , ma'am i need your blood type….duh