New. Selina. Now.
Veep season 7 premiere, “Iowa”.
happy new year from
☆・ﾟ* NEXT SENSATION * ﾟ・ ☆
we’re ringing in the new year and celebrating one month with new awards! new events! new challenges! and other fun surprises up our sleeves all month long. add your name to our walk of fame today!
high and dry out of the rain
it’s so easy to hurt others when you can’t feel pain
my kingdom for someone to make a jon bernthal (or similar) dad for my bella hadid- a widower & retired boxer who quit while he was on top, and now lives the good life (owning and operating a gym, being picky with endorsement deals, getting harassed by his daughter about his cholesterol). hit me up if you love angst but also parents and children who love & support each other even when they are idiots in each others image!
pronouns & timezone: she/her + gmt-6
favourite plots: a n g u i s h
faces you haven’t got to use yet: so, so many. would love a chance to use liu wen or sui he one day.
favourite celebrity scandals: the 2014 sony hack t b h
what you’re most looking forward to: all your bright, beautiful, shining faces joining us when the site opens!
what previews do you want to see: i’ve seen it all
something completely random about you: i once had my jaw wired shut!
a gif/image that best represents you:
☆・ﾟ* SENSATIONAL *・ﾟ☆
☆ sensational is an upcoming celebrity/hollywood based roleplay, set in the bustling city of los angeles. we’re focused on creating a fun, laid back, ever-evolving community with original industry ideas. follow us today for updates, early reserves, and more!
the first horror is there’s horror. the second horror is you accommodate it.
human nature vigorously resists grace because grace changes us and the change is painful
— flannery o’connor
favorite play-bys: cuties w/ booties
plots you’re always down for: evil marrieds, dysfunctional families
fun fact about yourself: i’ve had a form of liquid gold injected into my body
a kaomoji to describe you: ୧(๑•̀ᗝ•́)૭
what would you like to see from us?: tbd
a gif of your favorite fictional character:
i wish i could stop trying
GOTHAM CITY SIREN ☞ sweet child o’ mine guns n’ roses • she is young she is beautiful perturbator • it’s a sin the petshop boys • enjoy the silence depeche mode • cat people david bowie • sweet dreams (are made of this) eurythmics • raspberry beret prince • criminal world metro • listen
NADYA HAMILTON • 27 • DEPUTY PR DIRECTOR, MAYOR'S OFFICE
a fiery ring, bound by wild desire
DANA CATHERINE DARLING
thirty-three ● urban professional ● cfo @ ferris corp.
- eldest child of senator henry (D-IL) and the honorable elizabeth darling, née vanderbilt. their family was superficially flawless- 5 beautiful, blonde, well-bred children whose every whim was indulged (within some form of reason). beneath the shiny, all-american exterior was a father who was rarely home and a mother who put her life on hold to be a mother, and the resentment of that position would eventually fester and bloom into late-life alcoholism.
- they were raised outside of the city, but the suburban life was never really for dana. she loved the come-hither shimmer of the skyscrapers of downtown, and always found herself finding ways to to spend more and more time in the heart of chicago. the passion she eventually found, in high school, was rowing. she enjoyed the music and the dance lessons enough, but she felt like she had found her calling on the water.
- in the shock of her life, when it came time to apply to colleges, she did not find acceptance letters from either of her parents alma maters- columbia or yale. in a fit of emotion at her perceived failure and fear of her parents reactions, she went for a late night drive, letting her rejection ride shotgun. in a minor car accident, she emerged relatively unscathed but with a career-sidelining shoulder injury- as if to rub salt in her wound.
- she eventually matriculated to the university of pennsylvania, where she intended to pursue a political science degree and follow in the paths of her parents, until she actually decided to follow her gut. changing her mind entirely, she made the move to business and finance- extending her four years to five, but also ensuring her matriculation to wharton.
- that’s the trajectory of her life more often than not- she follows the path she feels is the one of least resistance, which is doing what her father and mother did before her, until she has a moment of clarity and realizes that’s exactly what she doesn’t want for herself. she’s certainly not the rebel of the family, and while she now works is finance she is ostensibly still very much her parents’ child, but the feeling of choosing her own destiny is something she’s come to value intensely.
- her career as the chief financial officer at ferris corporation is a brand new position for her, as the company just recently relocated to the windy city. it’s also her baby, her husband, her best friend- she’s the consummate workaholic. in part because of her innate work ethic, in part because she feels like she has to be performing at 125% at all times, and in part because it means people can’t bother her about being thirty three with no marriage prospects on her horizon.
- the real story behind that? while she is genuinely too busy to even consider dating, much less a relationship, there’s a little more nuance to it then that. guess you’ll just have to stay tuned.
thirty three ● urban professionals ● istj