Ujitawara tea fields and persimmons trees. Kyoto, Japan. homemadeideas.org
Honestly fuck it
Feeling very gross about my gender today ♥️
Arguably one of the coolest looking nudibranchs is the Phyllodesmium iriomotense, an aeolid nudibranch native to Japan and Indonesia. It feeds on soft corals and gets to be about 2cm long. While it is small, it definitely seems like some alien one would find on an ice-planet!
“When you’re depressed, you grasp on to anything that can get you through the day. That’s what depression is, not sadness or tears. It’s the overwhelming sense of numbness and the desire for anything that can help you make it from one day to the next.”
‼️ my recreation textbook said prison abolition now!
[Image id: Figure from Power, Promise, Potential, and Possibilities of Parks, Recreation, and Leisure.
What Recreators Can Do
It costs approximately $30,000 to incarcerate a juvenile offender for one year. If that money were available to Parks and Recreation, we could do the following:
- Take him swimming twice a week for 24 weeks,
- And give him four tours of the zoo, plus lunch,
- And enroll him in 50 community center programs,
- And visit the nature center twice,
- And let him play league softball for a season,
- And tour the gardens at the park twice,
- And give him two weeks of tennis lessons,
- And enroll him in two weeks of day camp,
- And let him play three rounds of golf,
- And act in one play,
- And participate in one fishing clinic,
- And take a four-week pottery class,
- And play basketball eight hours a weeks for 40 weeks,
- After which we could return to you: $29,125 and one much happier kid.
Reprinted, by permission, from E. O’Sullivan, 1999, Setting a course for change (National Recreation and Park Association).