The fact that Harrison actually audition for a Bollywood film makes me laugh 🤣🤣 imagine
So I work at a video game store in a mall and across the hall from us is this really nice suit shop. One day one of the guys came in an asked if they could use our microwave (the store they used to go to closed down) and we bargined for use of their bathroom in return since the mall bathrooms are like a 5 min trek.
So for like three months now we just have these men in really nice suits come in and talk while using our microwave and teach them about nerdy shit? Then I, the goblin king in various shitty tee shirts and paint stained pants, walk into their super expensive store and just get greeted with “Yo dude what’s good?” and talk about the pains of steaming silken dress shirts properly and it’s my favorite business interaction every day
A new jewelry store opened up right next to our store and when I used the bathroom today we were talking about it. I hate it on principle (they flooded our systems closet during building) and immediately both Suit Guys™ working went on mini rants. “Their suits are baggy as hell, I wouldn’t trust them to sell me a $9,000 ring when they can’t get a fitted jacket. They look so unprofessional, ” and “I saw one of the dude’s wearing a teal shirt. It’s fall, and you go with teal? At least get a color to match your store if you’re gonna ignore the seasons like that, Christ, but teal is awful.”
I live for this commentary fam.
I feel the need to add a story to this? My co-worker brought his longboard to work, and one of the suit guys reminisced on how he used to ride pretty often. So Co-Worker and I were like, “Dude, go give it a spin, who cares, this mall is huge.” He was nervous about it because there are mall cops on segways everywhere (with helmets, like bruh, full on Paul Blart) and he was worried he was gonna get caught, and eventually we made a bet that he could ride down to Macy’s and back (it’s like a straight shot). So dead ass, this man hung up his jacket, took a running start, and zipped down the hallway with his tie in the breeze.
He evaded the mall cops and claimed that was, “One of the biggest rushes he’s ever felt.”
LOVING THIS CONTENT
I’m sorry, what was that about Joe not being liberal enough for y’all?
Because me and my six figures worth of student loan debt would like a word.
[Picture ID: Tweet from @itshilarybuff, October 5th “Not a drill: Joe Biden commits to eliminating student debt for those who make under $120k. Y’all Go Vote!!!” Below that is the quote tweet from NBC News showing a clip from a town hall in Florida.]
btw, his plan, as stated here, doesn’t wipe my stupid loans, those aren’t going away shy of economic miracle, and I still love this answer. He’s talking specifically about killing loans going forward for people, and to handle the loans we already have, I copied from his website below.
- More than halve payments on undergraduate federal student loans by simplifying and increasing the generosity of today’s income-based repayment program. Under the Biden plan, individuals making $25,000 or less per year will not owe any payments on their undergraduate federal student loans and also won’t accrue any interest on those loans. Everyone else will pay 5% of their discretionary income (income minus taxes and essential spending like housing and food) over $25,000 toward their loans. This plan will save millions of Americans thousands of dollars a year. After 20 years, the remainder of the loans for people who have responsibly made payments through the program will be 100% forgiven. Individuals with new and existing loans will all be automatically enrolled in the income-based repayment program, with the opportunity to opt out if they wish. In addition to relieving some of the burden of student debt, this will enable graduates to pursue careers in public service and other fields without high levels of compensation. Biden will also change the tax code so that debt forgiven through the income-based repayment plan won’t be taxed. Americans shouldn’t have to take out a loan to pay their taxes when they finally are free from their student loans.
That is much better than what the current set up does. Minus taxes and essential spending will be a fight over what that means depending where you live, but its a really good thing.
He also wants to help with job training so we don’t all get these degrees that don’t help us get dang jobs. And he wants to go after private for-profit universities. And he wants to better fun grant programs. and, and, and.
Most important of all? This guy listens. Sure, sure, politics is gonna politic, but millennials are the largest voting block in the country now. If we raise a fuss, it actually matters. But only if we vote.
Actually, let me just show you some math. Actual total of loans doesn’t really matter above a certain point to be honest because the interest grows faster than you can pay them, so lets say you’re on that sinking ship, where the payment amount to actually pay them off would mean paying something like 2700 a month. obviously not gonna happen. So you’re on an Income Based Repayment Plan with your borrower. You can be asked to pay between 10 and 20% of your net income (depending on many factors)
Lets say you’re a single human person, working a good job, 60k a year; after tax, you have around 45k. Under Biden’s plan, they start by taking 25k of that, putting it to the side and removing it from the calculus. Then. they take an amount off for essential spending. Don’t know what that math works out to yet, so lets assume someone awful gets to decide it, and its 12.7k a year (the poverty line for a single human) Then, they only can bill you for 5% of the remainder. So.
60k - taxes = ~45k
45k - threshold = 20k
20k - essential spending = 7.3k
$7300 x 5% = $365 a year -or- $30 a month
Sure, Strife, that’s a pipe dream, you say, what happens if the ‘essential spending’ part dies in congress? Fair point, Congress is a sinkhole of evil. But lets see:
60k - taxes = ~45k
45k - threshold = 20k
20k x 5% = $1000 a year -or- $83 a month
Yeah, you say, but I’m a curmudgeon and I want to assume the worst because I hate politicians, what if they lose the threshold, and only get the 5% through and everything else stays exactly the same?
In that case, it will straight up cut everyone’s payments in half. Minimum. Whatever you’re paying now? Half that. In the case of the example above, that means
60k - taxes = ~45k
45k x 5% = $2250 a year -or- $187 a month
So this guy is out here going after free college for the younger parts of GenZ and all of our kids. AND he’s going to make the loans we have into a much more bearable burden. PLUS. If you didn’t see up there? That he’d kill the taxes paid on forgiven loans? Yeah, that’s a thing right now. If you pay for 20 years, and end with 60k in loans to be forgiven, you pay taxes on the 60k all at once. Which means you owe the government around 15k. Which. Ironically. Usually means you have to take out another loan.
And this would apply to everyone, you can opt out if you wanna clear yours sooner, but you don’t have to do the jump through hoops and beg routine like you do now.
This is a really really really good plan, folks, please look at something other than tumblr and fb, please look at his website, there’s some really good stuff in there. If you don’t understand, ask for clarification, bc there is so much good.
#the biden plans are heavily inspired by the progressives#Liz wrote parts#Bernie wrote parts#AOC wrote parts#the man is listening#so get him in office#and flip the senate#so Liz can drop a six inch binder called ‘plans to get shit done’ on the desk#and make McConnell cry from his minority leader desk
I’m sorry but you can’t just leave this in the tags
the suffering never ends
This is the real process
Resources for you!
- Character creation masterpost
- Character Alignment Chart
- More character alignment descriptions
- Muslim Character questions
- Characters with magical powers
- Building a new character advice
- How to create a character for an online or tabletop RPG (also a good guide on creating characters in general)
- Royalty/nobility TV Tropes page
- Basic character profile
- OC masterpost
- Random character generators - (1) , (2), (3), (4)
- D&D Character Building Tool
Character Design Ideas:
- How clothing affects a character’s personality
- Character Design Inspiration blog
- Concept art, fan art, cool art to be inspired by
- Character design references and inspiration
- Sources for POC character design ideas and models
- Create your own character model using HeroForge
- For horned characters
- Body and hair types guide
- Random outfit generator
- Amazing site with an endless amount of naming resources
- General advice on avoiding naming appropriation
- Hispanic Surnames
- Gothic Victorian names
- Huge master list for character things in general
- Masterlist of names of all types - including but not limited to ancient/old world names, Celtic, African, Northern European, Southern and Central American Native names, Japanese, Chinese, Mongolian, Polynesian, and more
- Another name masterlist
- How to pick a character name guide
- Yet another names masterlist
- Character Sheet/Development Sheet
- Another character development list
- In-depth character personality, motivations and traits sheet
- 320 talents and passions for characters
- On writing likes and dislikes that aren’t frivolous
- Why you should write non-human characters non-conforming to the gender binary
- Stereotypes, tropes, and archetypes
- Random backstory generator
- Assassin and thief character tropes to avoid
Character Interactions and putting your character into your world/story:
- Comparing character height/height references
- Characters who are scientists and writing about them doing science
- Describing what different voices sound like
- Describing skin tones
- Writing friendship interactions that are platonic
- Why having one character knock their friend unconscious to prevent them from doing something is a bad idea
- Advice on shipping OCs with canon characters and what to avoid doing
- Sweet Polly Oliver and Sweet on Polly Oliver situations (think of Disney’s Mulan for an example)
- How to write multiple viewpoints/juggling a main cast of more than 4 to 6 characters
- How to make readers care about your morally gray hero/anti-hero
- On platonic OC and canon character relationships
- How to avoid Godmodding in RPs
- When it’s cheap to kill off a character
- Writing dialogue
- Things you shouldn’t do to canon characters
- Avoiding purple prose in writing and RPs
- Slang resources
- Dialogue tips
- Websites to chart your story/plot/character relationships
BLESS EVERYONE IN THIS POST.
I’VE REBLOGGED THIS BEFORE AND I WILL REBLOG IT 20 TIMES MORE
Pairing: Harry x Reader
Harry and the reader are both 23 x
* * * *
Seven years. You’ve been dating Harry for seven years and you were now engaged. When you first started dating when you were sixteen and both of you honestly didn’t know that you’d last for so long. Now, here you were seven years later; still together and engaged for six months. You loved Harry so much and you knew that he was the one for you. Everyone said that you were a great pair because both of you loved working behind the camera. He was the director and you were the editor. It was perfect.
Why did you do me like this🥲
(wow didn’t even know this emoji existed!)
i fused dwayne johnson and vin diesel (dwin johnsel) together and he looks surprisingly more innocent than his two contributors
this man could never be an action movie star
this man works at verizon
i made him play ode to joy
How did loki keep his helmet when he was falling in thor 1 is it glued to his head or did he make a new helmet when thanos was torturing him ? If so then thanos was torturing him and loki was like oh stop time for crafts
\he kept the helmet on for most of the fight but in the final blast where the bridge broke we see it goes flying separately, and we can conclude it gets pulled into the wormhole too.
It’s… not glued to his head XD it just goes onto his whole head so isn’t as easy to knock off as it could be; here’s how the helmet works as a prop if you were interested.
I’ve done some analysis of the helmet here but basically I believe he redesigned the original Thor 1 helmet… in a scenario where he got to make his own or had another in a pocket dimension I’d still say he intentionally changed things up to be more rough and less refined than his Thor 1 helmet.
Listen. Buddy, anon, pal, it is heavily implied that Loki literally played arts and craft with his outfit before Avengers 1. His outfit is a mishmash of layers because of that, and the craftsmanship of the metal sections are rougher than his Thor 1 stuff, and less armour is not ideal to lead an army with, nor would Thanos have cared to keep Loki’s green/black/gold aesthetic if he was getting Loki new armour for the attack.