kotaro tatsumi from zombieland saga is unfuckable!
ves culture is closing your eyes to see the colors
VSS culture is
I’ve got something really wrong with my stomach. For nearly a decade actually, and it controls my life with bouts of extreme nausea & vomiting. The hospital has never been able to figure out what it is, so I’ve finally been convinced to see a specialist about it … except I’m poor as hell with 26$ in the bank and the first visit for a checkup without insurance is 165$, plus another 30 for lyft/uber, so I need to raise around 200$ within 12 days if possible, the soonest slot available is on July 26th.
So if you can pitch in even a few dollars it’d be really really appreciated, and if you cant, its just as appreciated if you could reblog this post please! Thank you for reading! cash.me/$junabugs paypal.me/treesinspace (if using paypal, please select‘for family/friends’ not ‘for goods/services!’)
EDIT: My paypal account was temporarily restricted because it recieved payments marked as for goods/services, so they thought I was selling something through tumblr or somesuch. I’ve had to make a new paypal account for the time being (edited in above as well) - paypal.me/treesinspace - please use this one rather than my old paypal! Thank you!
124/200$! Over half-way!
Side note: If you think you know what I’ve got, don’t hesitate to message me with your thoughts or similar experiences! So far a few people here think its cyclic vomiting syndrome.
i’m a trans man who came out at around 13 years old, and my mom was really transphobic about it for a while but then when i was like 16 she apologized and told me she didnt accept me at first because she thought everybody wanted to be a girl and i was throwing away what everyone wanted, and that it took me coming out for her to realize that wasn’t normal and she was actually trans. i transed my mom’s gender i am the most powerful person alive
philza seeing the mcc update video: haha look at the arrows on the ace race map. OMG that is my minecraft skin!! this is hilarious!! i am actually crying laughing this is so funny. what a good joke. hahaha. awesome
wilbur seeing the mcc update video:
I really believe there’s some sort of “emperor’s new clothes” phenomenon happening with Gen Z discoursers where they’re too afraid to question the logic of some of the discourse being thrown at them for fear of appearing to be unwoke so they just blindly parrot it not to be excluded by their peers
not just a Gen Z thing, like that’s a valid criticism of tumblr few years back, and I’m not ashamed to admit it sucked me in too. people can say whatever shit they want as long as they use the right vocabulary and an agressive tone that just implies that disagreement is out of the question. it sinks in because you will get similar messages about legitimate issues and sometimes from the same people.
The emperor’s new discourse.
“Only perverts and bigots can’t see the logic of this post.”
if you believe something is bad but can’t explain why something is bad, causes harm and worsens the situation, you should work on critical thinking before anything else
amazes me that some people think the bad thing with cp is the part where it’s porn and not the part where it physically and mentally harms children
Due to Sapnap’s lore stream and the recent increase of Mexican Dream fan art. I will ask you, as a Mexican, do not to draw MD wearing the Mexican flag since it’s highly disrespectful and straight-up illegal in my country.
For those who have done it before, you don’t have to worry since you probably didn’t know about this since in the USA and UK it isn’t the case at all, and it’s a relatively obscure law, but it’s well known in Mexico.
The reasons why we find it disrespectful:
- In our point of view, you are literally covering the flag with dirt, mud, sweat and, if you are using it as underwear, shit.
- One of our national heroes died wrapped around it protecting it during an invitation to our capital.
- We generally see all flag as meant to be swung a pole, and don’t be worn. All types of flag wearing is highly discouraged, but wearing the Mexican flag is straight up illegal.
How to represent MD is Mexican without making him wearing the Mexican flag:
- Using the color of the flag is acceptable, encouraged even during our celebrations of revolution, independence and football soccer matches.
- Pins, paint, etc is acceptable, but the moment you using clothe, it becomes unacceptable.
- Do not use the eagle in any of the clothing, that’s the moment it becomes the Mexican flag, and it becomes illegal.
Thank you for your time, and if anyone has any questions in what and what isn’t acceptable, ask away!
Thank you OP! This is so helpful, I had no idea.
Volume warning!Ace Race, thinking they’re clever, are like, ‘Oh they were just following Phil, our directions were fine, it’s just Phil messed up’ - No, Noxcrew!! No Noxcrew, your fucking map and game mode is shit! Sort it out, dickheads! Don’t blame my Philza! 'Follow the arrows’ how about you don’t just make such a shit map?
[Image Description: Tag reading “donatello/michelangelo”]The AO3 Tag of the Day is: Renaissance fanart
I’m gonna let you in on a secret.
- That aint renaissance fanart
You know what, assholes? I run this blog for y'all every day. I see things you cannot begin to imagine. I have to read people’s Robespierre smut and their questions about how various monsters would fuck them. I am so jaded that, when someone submits a tag mentioning some random vaguely liquid substance without context, I just assume it’s being used as lube. Nutella? Lube. Crazy glue? Lube. Divine fucking ichor? Fucking lube! I do this for you, y'all. I shield you from this shit. I stand athwart the tides of horror, hold my hands up, and yell “STOP” in the hopes that it will keep the waters from reaching you.
So you know what, fuckheads!? If I want to maintain the one tiny scrap of innocence I have left, I will. The official policy of AO3TagoftheDay is now that turtles, teenage, mutant, ninja, or otherwise, do not fuck. It never happens. They don’t fuck. They don’t fuck each other. They don’t fuck humans. They don’t fuck in real life and they don’t fuck in fiction. This tag is about two gay Renaissance painters holding each other close and kissing chastely under the Sistine chapel ceiling.
There. Glad we got that sorted out. Please return to your regularly scheduled programming.
Ao3tagoftheday finally snapped
world heritage post
Disputes over the truth or falsehood of religion(s) always have a certain odd inanity to them, because all of the actual arguments in regular use are old and simple and tedious – often they’ve been advanced and counter-advanced for literal millennia, and even if not they always feel like the sort of thing an undergrad gets extremely excited about for a week or two
Teapots orbiting the sun, maybe sometimes a noble lie is better than the truth, if you really believe in X why don’t you believe in all its implications, where does value come from if it’s all atoms and the void, yadda yadda – it’s not that any of these are dead in the water discursively, or lacking in human resonance, it’s just that we’ve heard them all before oh so long ago, we even got tired of hearing them oh so long ago, and whatever it is that is making us have this argument, it can’t be that we find it fascinating to go over this undergrad shit one more time, now can it?
… and so everyone is open to the charge that they are fixating on some bit of undergrad shit that would ordinarily be beneath them, and must be fixating on it for personal reasons and not for its value as a pearl of pure reason, and what a waste, to see a person reduced to this obsessive reiteration of some bit of undergrad shit, what a sad waste indeed.
– except we know that we are not having this argument because we are so fascinated by this or that bit of undergrad shit, come on, we know that. We know we are all trotting out the undergrad shit again “for personal reasons.” The reason we are trotting it out again is that we cannot seem to understand each others’ personal reasons.
And it would be so nice to just talk about this freely and openly, as about any other personal matter, without the protective shield of the argument, which is always beneath all of us. (And yes, this applies just as well when the argument is something about the insufficiency of mere reason – did you think that wasn’t familiar undergrad shit, too?) It would be so nice. But for some reason this route is blocked to us, and must be forever blocked to us, and so we can only engage in these repetitive bouts, each clinging to the argument, as our forefathers have, yes, for millennia
and sometimes we will even include the fact that this is all undergrad shit as part of the argument, as our forefathers did (Chesteron did it better than we ever will), and still we are doing this, as it has been done for millennia, even though when you think about it that’s really quite sad, and quite pathetic
but for some reason, the other route is blocked to us
I would say that by the standards of religious debates, the rationalist approach “we can appropriate religious rituals without believing any of that” is fairly new. Or rather, not exactly new - communists have been doing that for a hundred years - but the part where people are self-aware about and recognize that emotional needs that drive people to religion are legitimate and need to satisfied instead of hand-waved, and where they don’t deny that what they’re doing has religious undertones and is specifically designed as such - that part is fairly new; communists get really upset when you point out that they’re literally worshiping mummies.
“we do this for sound emotional reasons and thus avoid wandering into falsehood by carefully wrapping each false proposition in quotes” is a neat approach that seems certain to collapse back to the default state of literal belief by about the third generation or so.
I’m sure that in some parallel universe some poor bugger has been crucified for denying the existence of the Nonexistent God We Only Pretend To Believe In As A Ritual To Build Group Cohesion, and I bet there was some real ironic banter taking place up on that hill that day.
imagine I posted Xunzi with lens-flare eyes here
don’t make me work
God-Building, an idea proposed by some prominent early Marxists of the Bolshevik faction of the Russian Social Democratic Labour Party, proved very controversial. Inspired by Ludwig Feuerbach’s “religion of humanity”, it had some precedent in the French Revolution with the “cult of reason”. The idea proposed that in place of the abolition of religion, there should be a meta-religious context in which religions were viewed primarily in terms of the psychological and social effect of ritual, myth, and symbolism, and which attempted to harness this force for pro-communist aims, both by creating new ritual and symbolism, and by re-interpreting existing ritual and symbolism in a socialistcontext. In contrast to the atheism of Lenin, the God-Builders took an official position of agnosticism.
So still not exactly novel, I’m afraid. (Gorky has a monologue in favor of the idea in Mother, I think?)
I am stunned by the discovery of this bit of Communist Chaos Magick, and wonder how history might have been different if it had taken off.
accounting for the overlap, there are 39 different people in hermitcraft, 3rd Life, and empires smp
MCC with that cast (+1) when
the 40th player is hbomb because he deserves it
hi I loved this cast so much that I split them up into teams (mostly based on what I would find interesting in terms of dynamic, not so much what the players would actually ask for LOL)
- zedaph, impulse, tango, skizzleman (ZITS of course)
- welsknight, ijevin, hypnotizd, xbcrafted (the boys)
- vintagebeef, ethoslab, martyn inthelittlewood, iskall85 (or as I like to think of them, the “red roomies”)
- joey graceffa, tinfoilchef, xisumavoid, rendog (this team is a social experiment. I want to see what happens when u put joey in a team with tfc and x. ren is there to ease any potential tension)
- mumbo jumbo, jimmy solidarity, keralis, joel smallishbeans (I cannot explain it. but it would be so fuckign funny to see these four try and operate together in any capacity)
- pixlriffs, mythicalsausage, cubfab135, goodtimeswithscar (I think they would be fun and cause a bit of chaos!)
- pearlescentmoon, bigbst4tz, grian, fwhip (has good shot at winning based on experience in mcc alone; I think they would work well as a team)
- lizzie ldshadowlady, falsesymmetry, stressmonster101, geminitay (women ♡ who will also come for ur neck)
- joe hills, zombiecleo, scott smajor, shubble (the girls the gays and joe hills; I still want cleo and Scott to be gay and mean together, and I think joe and shelby in the mix would be funny)
- docm77, katherineelizabeth, bdoubleo100, hbomb94 (okay. hear me out. katherine in mcc14 vibes, having a training arc with h. then theres doc who has some pride to him and goes all in, so he starts grinding mcc practice with them. doc sounds scary and intimidating but hes nothing but nice to katherine, and hes willing to hear tips and pointers from h on how to perform better. they have an established dynamic. and then the day of the event this rabid chihuahua in the body of somebodys father shows up and is this unrelenting ball of chaos. and they ultimately dont win but they have a lot of fun)
wtf these unironically slap and im forwarding a screenshot to scott smajor right this second
Ideal mcc cast listed for convenience in case anyone else wants to make their own teams
3rd Life (minus hermits):
Empires (minus hermits and 3rd lifers):
38. Joey Graceffa
HBomb (he deserves it):