Me: yeah I slightly modded my skyrim game
My skyrim game:
sometimes you just have to love a fictional asshole because you lack the ability to assert yourself and draw boundaries and defend yourself and be angry at things that hurt you and there’s a strange catharsis in seeing someone be really aggressive about that stuff and even though you have no desire to emulate that character for real because it would be unhealthy and unkind and you know that it’s just comforting to be able to explore a purely fictional space in which you can imagine doing those things freely and confidently without having to worry about whether you’re a bad person for having needs
This was shared on a Covid survivor group…have heard many of these before but it seems helpful: HOW TO FIGHT COVID AT HOME when you are not hospitalized.
“When the nurse came in to discharge me, I asked her, What can I do to help fight this at home? She said:
1. Sleep on your stomach at all times with Covid. If you can’t sleep on your stomach because of heath issues sleep on your side. Do not lie on your back no matter what because it smashes your lungs and that will allow fluid to set in.
2. Set your clock every two hours while sleeping on your stomach, then get out of bed and walk for 15-30 min, no matter how tired or weak that you are. Also move your arms around frequently, it helps to open your lungs. Breathe in thru your nose, and out thru your mouth. This will help build up your lungs, plus help get rid of the Pneumonia or other fluid you may have.
2. When sitting in a recliner, sit up straight - do not lie back in the recliner, again this will smash your lungs.
3. While watching TV - get up and walk during every commercial.
4. Eat at least 1 - 2 eggs a day, plus bananas, avocado and asparagus. These are good for Potassium.
5. Do not drink anything cold - have it at room temperature or warm it up. Drink Pedialyte, Gatorade Zero, Powerade Zero & Water with Electrolytes to prevent you from becoming dehydrated. Water with lemon, and little honey, peppermint tea, apple cider are good suggestions for getting in fluids. No milk products, or pork. (as a singer I know milk products produce phlegm and always advised my students to have none for 3 days before a performance)
6. Vitamins D3, C, B, Zinc, Probiotic One-Day are good ideas. Tylenol for fever. Mucinex, or Mucinex DM for drainage, plus helps the cough. Pepcid helps for cramps in your legs. One baby aspirin everyday can help prevent getting a blood clot, which can occur from low activity.
7. Drink a smoothie of blueberries, strawberries, bananas, honey, tea and a spoon or two of peanut butter.
We always hear of how Covid takes lives, but there isn’t a lot of information out there regarding how to fight Covid when you are not critical. I hope this helps you or someone you know, just as it has helped me.”
(Wow, @thetimetostrikeislater wish you’d had this info when you were ill)
I definitely wish I had this info when I contracted Covid back in March😓 it was so hard on my lungs!￼ and I couldn’t go to the hospital because it was too full. Stay safe my friends.
Ahhh didn’t make anything for the main round for the @thesuccessorchallenge this year but I managed to make something for the bonus round and the theme; cozy!
Staying in bed while the weather is bad is super cozy, and even cozier with a pet :p
if 6 months of quarantine has proved nothing, it’s shown that the dad from The Shining was a weakass lil bitch
to be fair, the mansion was sentient and slowly possessing him
i’ve spent 6 months in a studio apartment, the bitch can cope
i just think it’s incredible how art can touch people and become facets of their identity… human beings’ capacity for empathy and honest, open understanding is astounding to me sometimes
everyone has a movie or a song or a book that they hold in their heart and can say “if i hadn’t experienced this piece of art at this specific point in my life i would not be the person i am today” and it’s just kind of beautiful how someone can create a piece of art that means something to them and share it with the world, and that thing can literally change another persons life… it’s so uniquely human and so. intimate i think