Obsessed with how the Death Note creators were like “ok Mello is a clever, badass Mafia boss and we need to show him as being such with his design” and instead just made the hottest, most obviously ‘fuck gender’ queer-coded character I have ever seen.
I want a sports anime where the teams just flat out bad. Like, they never become the underdog or win a game. It’s just a little found family of idiots running around and loving each other platonically.
The big climactic game is against a team that’s equally as terrible so the game isn’t who’s better, it’s who’s worse.
I DID NOT HELLO??????? MY BOY!!!!! LOOK AT HIM <3333333
this entire image confuses me ffjsjshshs but kita looks great so <33
[ID: A drawing of Yoshiharu from Re-Main in a blue to pink gradient color palette. He’s crying and looking angrily at the camera as it rains. On his shirt is a heart with Kermit the frog in the middle and the word “Bioluminescent” /End ID]
Ok so we all are aware of the fact I have a slight Pokemon obsession right now so here’s some Bakuten Pokémon head cannons for ya
- Shichigahama and Watari like to have pokemon battles sometimes. They get VERY intense about it. Sometimes these turn into a massive dorm tournament. Kurikoma is the reigning battle queen, currently undefeated.
- Shichigahama tends to focus on strong attack, Tsukidate has a strong healing and defensive move set, Onagawa and Watari choose moves that sound cool, Misato likes stat changing effects, and Futaba is good at type matchups. Kurikoma focuses on hidden stats and IVs.
- Shichigahama likes fighting and fire types, Tsukidate (obviously) is a grass type trainer, Onagawa likes the really cute ones, Watari likes all the strong looking ones, Misato says he doesn’t care but is partial to poison and dark, and Futaba really likes normal and flying types.
- Kurikoma has beaten the entire game with a team of Magikarp.
- Misato and Kurikoma remember extremely specific facts and niche gameplay mechanics.
- When they play casual runs of the game, Shichigahama and Watari try to race each other to become champion, Tsukidate spends time caring for his team and wandering around in the grass, Onagawa catches literally everything he sees, Misato pretends not to care but spends hours grinding to make his team super powerful, and Futaba just plays to have fun.
- Hideo and Onagawa have argued about Pokemon online (they didn’t know eachother’s identity). Hideo vouched that the best way to play was to create the strongest team, Onagawa that it was to cherish your favorites.
- While both teams were at the training camp together, they had a massive pokemon party. Shichigahama versus Masamune was an eventful matchup, as well as Onagawa and Hideo. Tsukidate and Kyoichi’s match took forever because they kept healing their Pokemon, and Watari and Azuma made sound effects the entire time. Kurikoma once again proved she was the strongest there.
- Once, they had a battle tournament after a practice while Shida was there. Everybody was shocked when he said he would join in. They were even more shocked when he almost beat Kurikoma, a feat none of them have ever gotten close to doing. He explained after that Pokemon was a huge thing when he was a kid, too.