They’re an underappreciated aspect of the show. Some of my favorites off the top of my head are:
- Dale’s suit of armor
- The guys in a mental asylum
- Hank goes to a club with Luanne
- Minh and Peggy’s blood-giving competition
The mundane B plots of King of the Hill have a certain charm to them. Like the one I just watched had Hank being distressed that the new golf clubs his friends bought him were murder weapons bought at a police auction.
Thinking about the time when I was 19 & I went to see some people I knew in a musical and a guy was singing “Don’t Tell Mama” and he climbed, sultry as anything, off the stage mid-song, recognized me in the audience, sat on my lap and opened a flask, and I was like “this is a performance so it’s gonna be water” so I let him take my face in his hand and tip my head back in front of the entire audience, and he poured fireball directly down my throat.
bro what if you gave a zweihander and a katana to a saltwater crocodile though… holy shit. holy shit
sword nerds in general are dumb for like fandomizing historical tools of war and removing them from their context. especially when you consider that a saltwater crocodile is the greatest living weapon and could best both a 16th century samurai and a 14th century german knight with its death roll. stop paying attention to pieces of metal and start paying attention to animals, nerds
like why does it matter that a zweihander can smash a katana to smithereens. in the historical context both of these weapons were used in they never would have made contact. a katana was a great tool for what it was used for, which is why it was used for that
katana nerds were/are? insufferable but the debunking / backlash is almost as bad
only weird people and grooms wear white suits. if you see a man in a white suit and he does not have a girl in an also white dress with him then make sure you are careful
kiryu im so sorry i didnt mean it im s
thought i’d give a lil spotlight on the transistor collector’s edition that i finally received! :~D
- the game, the soundtrack, and coasters!!! physical copies just makes it feel so much more real *___* the coasters are of the thinnish cardboard-type but theyre pretty!
- goes without saying the box is sooo pretty on its own and makes such a nice display piece… im glad this game uses my fav color turquoise so much UGH!!!
- i didnt expect the pins to be this big omg!!!!!!! honestly before this i. didnt even know cloudbank had an emblem. camerata propaganda…
- the ring is probabaly meant for display purposes, it’s way too big for any of my fingers but pretty nonetheless ^^
- they did a really nice job with even the instruction book??? YEESH when’s the last time i saw one of those!!! but ofc theyve put a lot of the sexy illustrations in there and have all the character & trace & enemy descriptions along with song lyrics!!
- i’ve already put up the cloudbank postcard and the poster (it’s reversible, the other side is red’s concert poster! i had to have the side with both my gf and bf displayed tho hehe) now i can look up in my room and feel my heart get so big *u*
in conclusion AAAH!!! it’s so nice to get such an unexpectedly nice bundle for a game i hold in such high regard… :’3
Japanese Sumo robots
this is the funniest gif i’ve seen all week what the fuck is going on
the best part is this isn’t even HALF the relentless bullshit insanity that goes on in robot sumo wrestling, a sport where the contestants are all hyperfast robots with scoop attachments and preprogrammed moves.
(this one wants to be a beyblade when it grows up)
the idea is to include as many unique moves as you can, to make your shrieking deathbot difficult to counter
or dodging. that works too.
also, some of the speed demons have… unorthodox attachments to fool other bot’s sensors
robot sumo is also a sport where spectators may end up taking a small robot to the shins if they aren’t careful.
I hope you enjoyed our foray into madness!
IT GOT BETTER!!!
Y’all. Looking at professionally made sumo robots is great. You know what’s better though? Looking at extremely UNprofessionally made sumo robots.
oh my god please watch this video
“she gave up looking for the robot and sent us a photo of her having a beer. the crowd applauded this act of supreme crappiness.”
one robot is just a kleenex box with a bunch of dildos on it, one does nothing but shake a packet of instant soup, i love humanity so much right now
lads im goin into cardiac arrest
shoutout to the robot reacting to sound, transfixed at the cheering audience instead of its opponent