My Adult Glow-Up
aka: me getting my shit together
- Fixing your sleeping schedule - Yes, way harder than it seems and I completely understand if your job gets in the way; just make sure you’re getting you 7-8 hours of sleep bb. Naps are great too!
- Eating fucking breakfast - Bagels, cereal, smoothie or just a banana anything to fill your tummy up with food for your meds or vitamins! Treat your body as if you were a toddler!
- Smelling good - Super hard to get into the shower sometimes, and I know how comfy your bed is but it needs to happen mama. Dry Shampoo and baby wipes if you’re in a pinch
- SKIN CARE - Even i’m trying to keep up with this one, and don’t forget sunscreen! I can hear your pores crying for help!!
- Complete hygiene routine - this is one of those where it varies from person to person. Ex: brushing teeth 2x a day, Complete showers (exfoliating, hair mask, the full routine) not just quick body showers anymore. Whatever works for you!
- Screen time - whether it’s TikTok, Tumblr, Instagram you need to stay off of it babe, even 30 minutes make a HUGE difference. When ur in public and have anxiety that’s completely fine but try to find something that stimulates your mind like books, articles, podcasts!! Maybe like mine, ‘Your Go-To Bitch’ available anywhere you listen to podcasts! ;>
- Deadlines - TBH anything that you haven’t gotten done! Even if they don’t have a deadline, let’s all get our shit together!, ADHD laundry piles, taking out the trash, deadlines for work all of the above! Let’s ease our minds a little more. Don’t forget to go at your own pace.
- Deep cleaning - This is another one that will vary from person to person but one thing i advise is CLEAN YOUR FUCKING ELECTRONICS!! Your phone, AirPods, laptop etc! Just please do it!!!
- Make a DEEP WORK playlist - is there that one music genre or couple of songs that make you feel and be productive? Create a playlist that keeps you on your grind and get some shit done!
- Go to therapy - this one might be a little harder because of the U.S. healthcare system but there are plenty of free resources online.
- Spend time with loved ones - No seriously, real loved ones! Family may not your first chance, mine definitely isn’t but hanging out with people that make you feel like your floating does wonders which bring me to another point
- Communication - Tell people how you really are feeling, I know it might feel like you’re a burden or annoying but you’re not! Talk/rant about your shitty day at work and if they seem annoyed or burdened by you FUCK THEM!!! Your feelings are valid and you deserve to be heard.
- Recreate a Nostalgic Meal - Now I’m not saying you have to have a whole ratatouille moment over your dinner but make/recreate something that brings you instant peace, your inner child might miss it more than you think babe.
- Don’t forget your worth babe! - I know how hard it is, I used to always look at posts like this and roll my eyes but I hate to admit it but it helps! Don’t forget that you are that fucking bitch and keep your head held up HIGH!
-Your Go-To Bitch 💕💕