I’m really vibing with this song right now
Pick a card
~ Pile 1 ~ ~ Pile 2 ~ ~ Pile 3 ~
~ Pile 4 ~ ~ Pile 5 ~ ~ Pile 6 ~
Disclaimer : no matter if you like men or women, you can choose any gif. the person in the gif does not represent the gender your pile will talk about
Hell damn I picked the 2nd and that’s so me
aesthetic for @loneviatoris
- books of mythology stacked at your bedside
- the scratch of pencil on paper
- wanting to preserve traditions
- retelling myths in your own words, sharing the stories with others
- a love of ancient things that feel inherently human
- learning runic alphabets and writing notes to yourself
- finding links between the past and present
- holding tarot cards in your hands, trusting your intuition
- the smell of old paper and dust
- learning different versions of the same myth, seeing how they all intersect and diverge as the story evolved
- studying your tarot deck, learning each of the cards by heart
- the click of old typewriter keys
- carrying a sketchbook everywhere you go
- books and papers piled on your desk
- symbols of alchemy doodled in the margins of your notebooks
- trinkets from antique stores on your shelves, each one with a story
- old photographs, tinged in sepia
- the blank white of a fresh page in your sketchbook, filled with opportunity
- drawing maps and landscapes, dreaming of imaginary places
- warm yellow beams of sunlight through your window on a sunny afternoon
This is so me
1. Pulled an all-nighter to complete a project I’d procrastinated, hours before its submission. Got distracted by music, crying and writing poetry instead. The project itself took about an hour.
2. Woke up at 4 am to cram for an exam that was in hours, ended up having a dance party to hard rock instead and realized I may or may not be on the verge of failing. Ended up getting the highest marks in my class.
3. Recited poetry while spinning around only to collapse and have blood rush into my head, causing an onslaught of headaches for the next few days.
4. Procrastinated studying math by dramatically reciting Dickinson.
5. Ran upstairs to my flat while having a walk while listening to Florence+ the Machine because I had an idea for writing. Proceeded to write for an hour or so, only to realize I hadn’t sat down there all day, my finals were in 2 days and I was absolutely unprepared.
6. Studied subjects that had nothing to do with my school curriculum on YouTube just because I got bored. While I was barely able to keep up with whatever the hell was going on academically.
7. Wrote a shit ton of useless articles on various psychological, historical and astronomical topics for my newsletter instead of doing my damn homework. Thankfully no one has realized yet. My school is useless lmao
Loving the Chaotic energy
Allow me to add
- Chugged up 3 glasses of coca-cola for an all-nighter to complete an art assignment
- Ended up doing 20 pages worth of math equations while listening to ‘Highway to Hell’ on loop
- Drinking so much coffee to stay awake that I ended up having headaches for a week due to withdrawal
- Always end up forgetting to write cause I wrote it in my mind
- Studying for tests that determine 75% of my final grade on my ride to the school cause I’d rather die than study on weekends.
- Having all my notebooks opened to do all my work simultaneously so its just me between a circle of maths, english, history and science books
- Always studying to be at least a chapter above the teacher, cause proving them wrong is fun
- Having designated notebooks for each subject but still end up writing on any page that I can get my hands on
- Trying to make sure that I am always occupied cause I weirdly burn out if I am not doing anything so I end up doing my friend’s work as well, and well, I’ll do all the work I’d get
- I am currently reading 5 books of different genres all at the same time cause time is an illusion and I have no idea how my brain is absorbing any of it.
- I may or may not have tried learning 57 languages, 2 instruments and 1 medium of night all in one hour. I did not succeed, sadly.
- I once had this hellish sleep schedule to maximize the stuff I did in a day by pulling 30 all-nighters back to back, only sleeping every 48 hours for 10 hours. I still cannot believe I didn’t crash or die. BUT I did end up doing a lot and getting ahead in school.
- Signed up myself for a ton of contests and competitions so I can’t breathe in relief, I am booked up in work till July
Wow.. You know that you mention these I have a couple to add on.
1. Took a break in the middle in one of my GCSE science exams to think about the next stage of the story I wanted to write for a good 5 minutes.
2. Accidentially became one of the founding members and people in charge of a university society.
3. Signed up for a women’s leadership programme at Uni, attended like 3 sessions and still ended up with the diploma.
4. Has “started to learn urdu” at least 4 times at this point because I keep stop and starting. Will literally look up more stuff about the language than the language itself.
5. Learned the alphabet and numbers 1-20 in BSL because I was bored.
6. Has a folder I planned to put all my study stuff in… And it’s completely empty. And my notes are everywhere.
7. Spent 4 days doing nothing but getting up to work on my essay, ate like twice a day and had ran out of cans of coke. I had basically no caffeine and only stopped when I literally couldn’t work on it anymore and crashed on my bed at midnight.
8. Has 4 books I’m all part say through that I haven’t picked up in like 2 years… And didn’t just remember them now… 👀 While complaining I have nothing to read.
9. My cousin does her Shakespeare revision by listening to me rant.
10. Procrastinating learning something by learning something else.
11. Accidentially became absolutely obsessed with dress history one evening (despite never truly knowing the difference between stays and corsets)
12. Went on a whole dramatic speech analysing a poem and forgot to write it down because clearly I’d spoken it into existence.
guess i should add some of mine for the sake of self reflection:
1. had a full fledged panic attack before my biology exam but ended up getting 82/85
2. prepared most of the syllabus on the bus or rickshaw to college because somehow that helped me memorize quicker
3. would skip science lectures to make art on college walls (some of them are still there)
4. placed cigarettes at the end of certain topics in my notes so i would be motivated to study them
5. OD’d on drugs one night and gave a presentation the very next morning
6. left premedical for art school but gave admission tests for law schools however ended up being an economics major
7. never seem to remember where i keep my notes after taking them
8. joined the school basketball team, didn’t do shit but ended up getting a gold medal with the whole team anyway
9. was about to get kicked out from college for being absent so long until my friend had to explain i was in rehab in a different country
10. a friend and i created a sign language of our own to communicate answers or ask each other questions from across the exam hall, it was used for mcqs
11. used pages from previous practical journals to keep samosas or jalebis in while studying
Some of mine just for fun :)
1. had a lovely notebook all set up for my planning and to do lists, and still ended up scribbling notes on the back of old assignments and receipts
2. made a massive folder of notes in my first year that I never ended up using
3. bought some gorgeous frames and put them up in my room, and didn’t fill them with photos for an entire year
4. wrote the conclusion for an experiment without actually doing the experiment and still got a high grade
5. studied for 7 hours straight in a haze without taking breaks to eat or rest and only emerged when I realised that my mind was so fried that I couldn’t do basic arithmetic anymore (I have since learnt my lesson, this is a bad way to study)
6. ended up with five empty mugs of tea/coffee on my desk at the end of each day
7. went to a club and stayed till 4 am, then went back to my friend’s dorm room and ate two packets of chocolate biscuits, got home by 5 am, slept two hours, then went to class, wrote a test, and got 100% (although it was crystallography which is my favourite subject, if it were anything else I’d have absolutely failed)
8. discussed criminal law with my friend who’s a law student while walking through Hyde Park, which has led to a lot of odd looks from strangers
9. spent hours writing the perfect lab report even though it was worth only 6% of my grade and I had an upcoming exam worth a lot more that I hadn’t revised for at all
10. had a breakdown over a bad grade, cried for an hour, then washed my face, calculated how much I needed to make up for it, and sat down to revise
11. spent a week panicking over a project that ended up taking only an hour
12. used a pile of textbooks as a table for my coffee mug
1. would put cigarettes in specific areas of my room when i knew i was gonna hit a depressive rut, so when i was cleaning my room afterwards i could find them and have a lil surprise
2. would replace tea for meals without actually noticing
3. highlighters would run out 3 hours into a study sesh and i wouldn’t be able to notice because of how long i was staring at the highlighter and how fucked my eyes became
4. i now have glasses for reading and long distance due to all nights at my computer
5.sat at dinner for two hours staring at the same piece of writing for 45 minutes before reheating my food and doing it a second time. I didn’t eat that night say the least.
1. Waking up at 4 am to take some cola from the fridge
2. Stay up to 3 am to write poetry and alchemy researches, with a candle to light up my books
3. Suddenly woke up due to a nightmare then writing it on a book
4. Thinking about me and realize I could write poetry and poems using my inner monologues
5. Tying my study then leave on my desk a pile of books and notebooks that messed it up again
6. Taking college notes for a subject and writing down on another notebook other things about it I didn’t know
7. Putting on my headphones then started crying ‘cause I vibed too much
8. Laughing nervously in my mind