i realized that the secret formula of the Krabby Patty is possibly… a Crab
Here are a few points to support this
1. The Krusty Krab is shaped like a crab and lobster trap
2. At the episode “Mid-Life Crustacean.”, Mr. Krabs takes a bite out of a Krabby Patty and says, “So that’s what I taste like”.
3. You don’t really see much Krabs aside from Mr. Krabs and his mom and if you tell me there’s tons of Krabs in the episode “Kracked Krabs”, may I remind you that they’re not from Bikini Bottom
4. Every menu item at Krusty Krab has the key ingredient in the name
But still, it leaves us thinking. Is the secret formula a crab or not?
OKAY this is very easily debunkable.
1. It’s a design choice. Plus, the restaurant was originally an old folks home. He didn’t design it (Krusty Krab Training Video, 3.10).
2. This moment is taken out of context a LOT, so let me put it back in. A woman complains that her daughter’s krabby patty is “all old and dried out, like that man over there.” And points to Krabs. When they leave, he tastes the patty and says the above line.
3. There are no other zooplankton, sponges, sea stars, pufferfish, octopuses, whales, or any other repeat characters with the exception of the main characters’ parents. This is because they didn’t want to confuse kids, character wise, and when another shows up it is usually a plot point.
4. Lots of restaurants do this. Just because McDonald’s has “Mc” in a lot of their food names doesn’t mean it contains whatever the fuck Mc is. It’s a gimmick, because restaurants do that all the time. Besides, they’re CALLED KRABBY PATTIES. That is their name, of course the menu is gonna say krabby patties, because they’re not hamburgers.
So, your theory falls mostly flat.
Might I remind you Krabby Patties are also made of starfish as well? Crabs have been seen tearing apart starfish and going for the tender bits inside. Even some shrimp species such the Harlequin dine on the tube feet of echinoderms.