Black Social Comedy
It gets worse:
1) he isn’t a professional photographer, he’s a dog groomer with a camera which he used to take nice pictures of his clients for social media who agreed to be the photographer as a favor because
2) he was invited to the wedding but they took his place off the seating chart once they hired him (!)
3) he was paid $250 for the day and at the point he got fed up was totally out of water and hadn’t had a break or anything to eat for TEN HOURS
4) the groom told him he couldn’t even have 10 minutes while everyone else was eating to go to the bathroom, sit down for a minute, and refill his water bottles, they wanted him taking pictures of Aunt Marsha eating chicken apparently
4a) it was in an old VFA hall and the A/C was broken and it was like 100° so being out of water and without food was actively dangerous
5) they also had him babysitting people’s children for free
6) when he said he really needed to at least get water, the groom said no, or he’d be fired, and at THAT point he said “fine, this isn’t worth it, this was a favor to all of you, I’ve been following your new wife around since early this morning and I’m starving,” the groom basically told him to suck it up, and THEN he wiped his memory card and left.
And honestly, good for him.
I followed this story heavily when it first came to light and I wanna point out that the gender of the photographer has never been revealed - they’ve kept their whole identify anonymous (tho it actually does seem the majority of the articles written about them reference them as a she). But there’s nothing the photographer has posted that reflects their own gender identity.
but also some more updates:
7) The photographer was originally friends with the wife and only knew the husband who they dealt with the entire day through the bride.
8) The husband lied to the bride and told her that the images were lost due to camera malfunction. After the honeymoon when the bride contacted the photographer, they told her the truth.
9) The photographer offered to have the SD card restored at the cost of the bride and groom, but the bride refused.
10) Despite the shit they were put through at the wedding, the photographer agreed to do a re-shoot later in the season for the original price with the condition that they bail the moment they get any “crap” from either of them.
11) The photographer made the wife correct the fake story her and her husband gave facebook of the camera malfunctioning so that people would stop blaming and giving the photographer hate.
12) The re-shoot was scheduled for November, but they got a last minute request from the wife and husband to do it in October, a couple of days after the request, to which the photographer agreed to.
13) All dressed and readied up, the couple meets the photographer at their car when at the destination. While unloading their equipment, the photographer tells the couple their plans for the shoot and the scenes they wanna set up. They ask the husband while they do for help carrying sandbags, to which he declined, saying it was their job to do all that, not his.
14) The photographer immediately loads up their stuff, gets in their car and drives home. They blocked both the husband and wife
And honestly, yes, good for them.