Happy pridemonth everybody!
This artwork is my contribution to @ohlooktheresabee Pridelocked event, and I am very glad that I was able to participate because both Johnlock and pride are an important part of my life. The main post is here.
I put much thought and work into this artwork, choosing each flower for their meaning:
John’s flower crown, the bisexual flag, consists of:
- blue gladiolus (faithfulness, strength, bravery)
- violets (loyalty, devotion, also a sign of Sappho and bisexuality)
- pink rhododendron ponticum (danger, also mentioned in the episode “The reichenbachfall”)·
Sherlock’s flower crown, the rainbow pride flag, consists of:
- red amaryllis (pride)
- orange chrysanthemums (love)
- yellow lily (devotion)
- green carnation (a gay symbol in the Victorian era, part of the wedding flowers in “The sign of three”)
- blue iris (passion, wisdom)
- violet papaver somniferum (opium poppy, because of Sherlock’s addiction).
I also plan on doing another version with the asexual/demisexual pride colours on Sherlocks flower crown.
Thank you so much that I was able to participate, and go check out the Pridelocked event, it’s still going for all of june, every day another artist and fanfictions!