anne with an e
taken from the tv show.
- you’re safe here, i promise.
- slow those feet down, please.
- there, there, child. i know. i know just how you feel.
- will you forgive me? forgive me.
- put this on before you catch your death.
- but listen now. whatever we’re facing, we’ll face it as a family.
- i’m raising you, and i know what’s best for you.
- dear lord, that child will put me in the grave.
- i didn’t want to talk about it. i knew you’d lose your head.
- dear me! whatever has happened to you?
- i hate you, i hate you, i hate you!
- that child has endured more than any of us can know or imagine.
- why won’t you listen to me?!
- if this is medicine, i wish i was sick every single day.
- don’t just stand there with your teeth in your head!
- i think it’s time you best be getting to sleep.
- how could you even think it? you would have left us that way? left me?
- it is not what we get out of life, but what we put into it. and you bring so much.
- i don’t want to be unique. “unique” means weird.
- do you think you could like me just a little?
- you’re old enough to pray for yourself. just thank god for your blessings and ask him humbly for the things that you want.
- let’s get you away from here. what if that glass had cut your face?
- i don’t know how you could think that i don’t have love. i have you.
- honesty isn’t actually a policy, though, is it?
- we missed you so much. there’s a lot of catching up to do.
- i like imagining better than remembering.
- did you feel a sense of obligation? is that it? because i would have been fine on my own!
- stuff and nonsense! this is no time to stand on pride.
- i don’t fit in!
- i’ve never been to a party before, and i was wondering if you would please tell me what to expect, and how i should behave, and how should i be?
- calm yourself. you’re overexcited.
- i can also imagine that i’m already a disappointment to you.
- why aren’t you answering my question?
- i don’t think there’s a place for me here. i don’t think there’s any place for me in this world.
- where do you think you’re going? get back here.
- you’re far too young to be socializing with adults.
- since it’s saturday, would it be all right if i go back to bed for a little while?
- there’s nothing wrong with different.
- i was trying to protect us. make the best out of a bad situation.
- everything will be all right. it’ll be all right.
- and i don’t care if i hurt your feelings by saying so. i hope i hurt them! because you have hurt my feelings worse than they have ever been hurt before!