I don’t want to lose you. Good.
I don’t want to lose you. Good.
I know you tried to desert. Don’t worry, Gluck’s a friend. He told me in confidence. I’m supposed to look after you.
Thanks for coming back for me. My friends’ problems are my problems. You’re such a sap.
Merry Christmas. Yeah, Merry Christmas.
Okay, lass rumfahren und nachschauen. Ich will wissen, was da los ist.
i don’t know how to say it but please keep an eye on Hong Kong. it is now illegal for people in hk to speak out or ask for international support/foreign aid under the crime of collusion with foreign forces. a new national security agency is coming to hk to enforce this and they are authorized to surveillance those they suspect. The population of 7.5 million people are all expected to comply esp since they are installing officers to prevent protests in the wake of the bill
The whole thing will blow if you turn this dial.
from what i can tell about the update:
- gifs are now in text post format, not photo
- that means the gif source is listed at the top of the post, not underneath
- the extension gifs on tumblr no longer works to switch back .gifv to .gif, meaning all gifs are automatically compressed back into .gifv format if above 2mb
- xkits tag viewer seems to not be working for me, although reply viewer is.
- opening up gifs in another tab shows that the gifs are compressed into .gifv format, but changing it to “.gif” will add additional links to google play and the apple store, as well as the source blog and main tag used.
- this is confusing since you won’t see those links opening up the post as it automatically takes you to .givf and not .gif
- tag viewer is now available if you click on the notes and the hashtag. this works on /dashboard and /blog/ but not if you open up a blog on dashboard view
- the apple/google play store links have been around for a while apparently, i just wasn’t aware!
- the 2mb compression isn’t a new thing. staff originally rolled out .gifv for gifs, but this didn’t affect gifs under 2mb. i know because i originally drafted a few gifs that were very short and they were not affected by the compression and stayed as .gif format. everything else was converted to .gifv to save space from what i know.
- i don’t know anything about whether this was affected by the 10mb limit they rolled out as i never used it b/c it seemed that the larger gif limit also compressed gifs and took away color values.
- the photo to text post change affects ALL photo posts, not just gifsets. so any photos you post via the photo post will convert into text posts automatically, even if they are not gifs, but simple .png, .jp(e)g images.
- update: tag viewer now works on blogs opened on dashboard (just go into notes)
- at the moment there is no opting out of this dashboard layout in the settings the way there was last time
- update: staff is adding source links on posts where op is already the source. example below:
Mhm, I’m Austrian and this idea of our countries genuinely contemplating and learning from what our ancestors did is extremely sugarcoated and overplayed. Many former Nazis still got to hold high political positions after WW2, it often took decades to even acknowledge certain crimes or they’re barely talked about at all and swept under the rug (like someone else in the notes mentioned, the murder and imprisonment of queer people and Roma even after the fall of Nazi Germany is treated as nothing more than a sidenote and there’s barely been any official apologies by politicians about that.) One of our biggest parties regularly has members getting caught doing Nazi salutes or singing old Nazi songs, there’s still old antisemitic and Nazi imagery on buildings and nothing gets done about it.
We have basic laws to “prevent anything like this to happen again” but soo much of it is superficial and doesn’t actually address the core reasons that lead to the holocaust and our countries shouldn’t be put on a pedestal for doing some of the most basic shit to make up for what happened.
“Denazification” in Germany is such a disgusting and pernicious myth and it’s been so successfully disseminated. Nazis directly involved in the Shoah held top NATO and cabinet positions in postwar West Germany. A civil servant in the “office of jewish affairs” was Adenauer’s chief of staff for like a decade. The justice ministry after the war had a higher proportion of nazis than during the war. The West Germans and the Americans successfully bullshitted history and everyone gobbles up it up and asks for more. So fucking annoying
And then ppl want to use postwar Germany as a paradigm for America. The fuck? Symbolic concessions w no fundamental shift in social relations or accountability for perpetrators,? No thank u!!!
White goyishe people keep on bringing up “what if there were still statues of Hitler in Germany” and I have to keep repeating ad nauseum that the companies that still benefitted enormously from their connections and collaborations with the Nazis, such as BMW (Bavarian Motor Works), Hugo Boss, IBM, Bayer, Chase National Bank, Ford, L'Oreal, Porsche, Chanel, Mercedes Benz, Volkswagen, etc, are still around, and were never made to meaningfully account for any of the profits that they acquired directly from collaborating with Nazis and enabling the Holocaust.
These comparisons should invite a deeper consideration for what kinds of tributes and beneficiaries of genocide are hiding in plain sight. And stop playing a game of thinking Shoah is treated with kid gloves, instead of cynically used to promote propaganda of American exceptionalism and heroism that doesn’t actually translate to justice for survivors and their descendants.
3x01 | 3x08
When it comes to stuff like racism, sexism, homophobia, etc, I’ve found it’s usually way better to think to yourself ‘I don’t want to be’ than ‘I’m not’.
I.e. if someone goes ‘that thing you just did is ableist’, instead of going ‘I’m not ableist, I don’t hate disabled people!’ it’s usually a lot better to go ‘I don’t want to be ableist, I should rethink what I’m doing/saying/etc in light of that fact’. Because that shifts your thinking so rather than jumping straight into denial and attempts to defend your character, you’re instead more inclined to look at how your actions could be misrepresenting your intentions. Or whether you’ve overlooked something, been callous, or acted in ignorance.
#i hate this show
2x01 | 2x02
Frank Strasser + the ‘Johannes twitch’
Kondor findet dich. Und dann macht er dich alle.
And you? How much longer are you planning to stay here? You need to get away from that Forster. He’s going to retaliate sooner or later.
What you got there? Bigot sandwiches.
What is the downside to eating a clock? It’s time consuming. That’s so dumb.
i miss bloc party 🥺