What I feel a lot of people learned this week:
- Money is fake
- The Economy is fake and we can manipulate it at will. Just for some reason we keep treating it like a natural phenomenon and not a man made thing.
- Time is arbitrary
- ‘I can’t have x after 10pm’ yes you can because who the fuck is stopping you?
- Literally all barriers to helping people are fake
I haven’t looked it up but I’m guessing, modernize the language and swap out men for Jews, was just about all it took.
It’s somewhat true(Tim has a problem with misleading titles)
But the real story is so much better.
The trio only came forward when the WSJ caught wind of this and interviewed them.
A trio of concerned academics has published seven intentionally absurd papers in leading scholarly journals, making bizarre recommendations including chaining up children and keeping men on leashes.
The trio say the papers, which used fabricated authors and credentials, are an attempt to expose political bias in fields that study race, gender and sexuality, which they see as being misled by biased research and poor methodology.
Their papers argued for a slew of bewildering positions, including chaining up privileged school children as an educational opportunity and a push to include “fat bodybuilding”’ in professional bodybuilding competitions as a way to nullify fat shaming.
Another paper rewrote a chapter of Adolf Hitler’s Mein Kampf, replacing parts of Hitler’s political manifesto with terms including “solidarity allyship”, “neo-liberal feminism” and “'multi-variate matrix of domination”.
Each of the papers were peer-reviewed before being published, meaning they passed the highest level of critical assessment in their fields.
The trio went public with the project after The Wall Street Journal uncovered it, saying a paper which claimed dog parks are “petri dishes for canine ‘rape culture’" was ridiculous enough to pique the publication’s interest.
“We intentionally made the papers absurd and used faulty methods to see if they could pass scrutiny at the highest level of academia. Concerningly, they did,” James Lindsay, one of the authors of the papers, said.
“A rambling poetic monologue of a bitter, divorced feminist written by a teenage-angst poetry generator shouldn’t be accepted as a scholarly article worthy of publishing.”
In US humanities departments an academic with seven papers published within seven years is awarded tenure, an indefinite academic appointment. The trio completed these seven papers within 10 months.
Not trying to say “Sis, we been knew” about the bias in academia thing buuuuuut….
Have a few links:
If you want any more specific suggestions let me know!
I looove Fanm Djanm products
countries where prostitution is legal have higher rates of human trafficking. that’s like an actual fact. not an opinion or anything. so tbh it seems a bit ‘swerfy’ to completely ignore that
speaking, uh, as a formerly-trafficked sex worker, it’s extremely difficult to come forward as a trafficking victim in countries where sex work is criminalized; you just… get criminalized under those same anti-prostitution laws. of course reported trafficking would increase when the sole fact of coming forward as a sex worker at all no longer endangers you.
This line of argument is the same one that you see with conservatives who point to the increase in divorce rates as proof that making divorce safer is endangering marriage, while ignoring the massive drops in domestic abuse, murder, and suicide.
It’s a shot argument with them, and it’s a shot argument here.
In WWI, when they introduced helmets, they saw a sudden spike in head injuries.
What the casual observer may miss was that they were seeing the increase because of a dramatic decrease in deaths from head wounds.
- “Organic” isn’t better for you or for the environment. It actually means nothing of any significance at best and is sometimes even the more wasteful, more hazardous option.
- A shitload of “natural” food including a lot of imported produce is grown and harvested through slave labor in inhumane conditions.
- Pizza, fried chicken, french fries, fast food, candy bars and chips ARE nutritious. They are loaded with good things. Just because they have an abundance of excess fats and might not be healthy as a staple doesn’t mean they are “nutritionless” or that their calories are “empty.” Those are hokey buzzwords pushed by the people in charge of how much you pay for the alternatives.
- Eating healthier costs more. Much more. Looking down on people for their reliance on cheaper food is extremely classist and expecting everyone to be able to live off fresh veggies and cage-free meats is insultingly unrealistic in the modern world.
- “Processed” literally only means the food went through some kind of automated process. This can be literally the exact same thing a human being would have done to the food for it to be labeled “unprocessed.” Being processed does not make something less healthy.
- Chemicals with long, scary names are part of nature. An apple is full of compounds you probably can’t pronounce. A shorter ingredients label only means they didn’t bother listing all 300 things the product is actually made of and HAS to be made of.
- Preservatives, artificial flavors and other additives are not the devil. Most are harmless and in general they are part of the reason you haven’t already starved to death or died of a food borne illness.
- MSG is not bad for you at all.
- The fact that something might be made of “scrap” meats like pig snouts or chicken necks only means one thing: that we didn’t waste perfectly normal, edible meat.
- I DON’T KNOW HOW I FORGOT THIS IN MY FIRST VERSION OF THIS POST BUT GMO’S ARE NOT DANGEROUS TO EAT. GMO’S ARE SAVING LIVES. YOU’VE ALREADY EATEN GMO’S BEFORE YOU EVEN KNEW THE TERM. IT’S FINE. EAT THEM.
It pisses me off when big time chefs go “guys do you not know what goes into canned meatballs? They’re disgusting!” yeah parts of the animal they don’t use for anything else and also they’re tasty fuck you
In The Lion King, unlike the other lions, Scar’s claws are always displayed throughout the movie.
In The Little Mermaid (1998) when King Triton is introduced, you can see Mickey, Donald, Goofy and Kermit the Frog in the crowd, underwater.
In Cars, the flies are actually tiny cars with wings.
In Hercules (1997) the Fates tell Hades all the planets will align but only show 6 planets aligning. These are the 5 planets plus Earth that the ancient Greeks were aware of and could see with the naked eye.
In Zootopia, while Officer Judy Hopps is ticketing cars around the city, she never crosses the street illegally. She always uses a crosswalk and looks both ways before crossing.
In monsters inc, sully’s chair has a hole in it to accommodate his tail.
In The Brave Little Toaster, all of the walls in the cottage are cleaned only as high as Blanky can reach.
In Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs, during the food storm the president’s of Mount Rushmore get pied in the face but Abe gets hit in the back just like his assassination.
In Cars the truck stop advertises “convertible waitresses” i.e., topless.
In Finding Nemo, Bruce the shark starts crying when Marlin starts talking about Nemo, saying “I never knew my father”. Male sharks mate with the female then leave, so baby sharks never actually meet their father.
The Magic Carpet from Aladdin makes an appearance in Moana.
In UP, there are craft supplies on the table by Ellie’s hospital bed when she gives the Adventure Book to Carl.
The hold up scene in the Incredibles is actually an homage to a similar scene from Die Hard with a Vengeance, which also starred Samuel L. Jackson.
In Toy Story 3 (2010) Buzz Lightyear’s batteries are exposed showing the Buy n Large brand, the same company responsible for making WALL·E.
In Ratatouille (2007) Anton Ego’s typewriter resembles a skull and his office a coffin.
In Monsters, Inc. (2001), there are multiple sizes of coffee cup for each of the different sized monsters.
In Toy Story 2 (1999), as the restorationist is going through his equipment, he opens a drawer filled with chess pieces. This is a reference to the Pixar short “Geri’s Game” where a similar looking man plays a game of chess against himself.
In Inside Out (2015) while going through Imagination Land a game box can be seen in the background with Nemo on it called Find Me.
In Cars, you can spot Sully and Mike in cars form!
At the end of Ratatouille (2007) Anton Ego is a little bit fatter. This is especially poignant since he states, “I don’t like food, I love it… if I don’t love it I don’t swallow.”
In Coco we can see The Incredibles poster.
Insuricare, the company that offers “car life insurance” to the cars in Cars 2, is the same company Bob Parr works for in The Incredibles.
In Inside Out (2015) two of the memory orbs on the shelves contain scenes from Up (2009). One features Carl & Ellie’s wedding, while the other shows their house.
In Toy Story Woody is trapped in a crate which is stuck under a ‘Binford’ tool-box. Binford is the fictional tool company in the TV show Home Improvement which starred Tim Allen, the voice of Buzz Lightyear.
In The Incredibles, in Bob Parr’s home office, there’s a photo from a fishing trip where it appears he caught Bruce from Finding Nemo.
In Cars 2 (2011) while in a pub in London there is a tapestry on the wall that is the DunBroch family tapestry from Brave (2012), except they are portrayed as cars.
In “Ratatouille” (2007), Linguini has to hide Remy before his second day of work. He offers to hide him in his pants, revealing his briefs covered in The Incredibles logo.
After the plane is blown up in The Incredible, Helen (Elastigirl) knows the plane debris is going to fall on them due to seeing the reflection in the water.
Honestly, this is the most helpful thing I’ve ever seen on tumblr.
…well maybe besides the coconut oil uses
I want the zombie. Holy shit
why would anybody wanna drink liquor and tomato juice
@thevillainofthisstory for next time
When your “boyfriend” haven’t texted you in a week.
I can’t 💀💀💀💀
lol this nigga
He SICKENS me..😂😂
This is exactly the mindset of many, many Brazilians. When I was born, it was like a celebration and everyone was telling my mom how lucky she was to have such a white daughter. It’s fucked up. Really fucked up. I knew at a young age that Brazilians were essentially trying to “cure” blackness in a way. They get so mad when I embrace my blackness because they had the expectations of me assimilating to whiteness. They want to remove any relationship I may have with blackness.
Brazil is one of the most anti black countries in the fucking world and dont let anyone tell you otherwise
Fuck this Racial Paradise narrative.
Paparazzi: What’s your hair care regime? Abel: “I’m black.”
LMFAO at the only black guy being like “shut up you stupid white people” OUT LOUD
Lmaoo he told they ass
i’m going to reblog this for the rest of my life
i hate this fake ass news site but lol
I was all set to be pissed when they were trying to shade him for not washing his hair, and then I heard a voice, a voice of reason and knowledge. Thank you, Black Guy, for not letting that shit stand.
“I didn’t know!”
“Because…you’re stupid white people” I need a gif of that
I never would’ve thought I’d share anything from TMZ on here but bruh hit them with that Black righteous truth.