Obama was 18 once
not sure what this information means
So there’s this huge dudebro in my class, who, yesterday, sat next to me. And I’m sitting there sweating because like… I’m wearing my shirt with the lesbian flag on it, and he’s the most popular jock in school, and always has this look on his face that say ‘I can and will kill you’. He looks me up and down, stares at me for a minute and then goes, “So. Girls in skirts and long socks, am I right?”
To which I nodded solemnly, both out of agreement, surprise and also a healthy amount of awkward fear. He nodded and went, “You get it.”
I said, “Yep.” He fistbumped me, and on went our lives.
Oh! I forgot to mention! I saw him at lunch the same day, and he ran up to me, tapped me on the shoulder, pointed at this super sweet girl who comes to GSA and asked if she’s gay. I told him he should ask her because that’s not my place and he said he would.
I thought that would be the end of it.
Except ten minutes later he came back and told me he found out (she’s bi) and that both of us have a shot. I said “You more than me.” because he’s attractive and popular.
But this wholesome dumbass looked really confused and asked, “Because I’m tall?’
So this isn’t lesbian/jock solidarity but I thought you guys would want to know-
My math teacher was trying to fix the rolling whiteboard and he just offhand said “This would be easier with a wrench”
And deadass, dudebro said “Hang on” and then proceeded to pull a fucking wrench out of his backpack
Update- after school today he saw me in the library and he didn’t say anything? He just pointed at the book he was holding and I gave him a thumbs up because it’s a pretty good book, and he went “Yes!” Really quiet and pumped his fist and then left
Okay so today he asked me if I know how to help people having a panic attack and I was like yeah? And he smiled at me and then went “cool I think I’m having one”
And I was like what the fuck Colin we’re in the middle of Tech class sit down and we went out in the hall and sat there for a while and he told me about the test he’s stressed about so we kind of went over his study guide and when he was feeling better he kind of like… smacked his head against mine gently? And I helped him up even though he’s almost a foot taller than me and yeah
Today at lunch we walked to the football field and laid in the grass and I told him thank you for being my friend (because I don’t have that many) and fistbumped me and said, “You always looked so nice and chill, how could I not want to be your friend?”
And honestly y’all, I would’ve started crying if he hadn’t sneezed and accidentally smacked me
Things Not to Do in a Cemetery
By someone who works at one.
- Please don’t leave glass items on your loved one’s grave. I understand the urge, really I do. But those vases/picture frames/beer bottles/fancy solar lights/etc are gonna break eventually, and be a pain in the ass for everyone involved.
- Different cemeteries have different regulations when it comes to what’s allowed in the park and what’s not, and some are more lenient than others about enforcing those regulations. If you’re not sure, ask someone who works there.
- If you put up tiny plastic fences and solar lights and garden decorations around your loved one’s space it will probably be removed at some point bc y’all… The grounds crew needs to mow the grass. And some of that stuff is probably technically against the rules anyways, but everyone’s trying to be nice about it.
- Do not sit on or lean against any of the markers or memorials. They may all be made of granite, but the upright ones will flop right over if you push them hard enough, and if the ground is wet the flats will sink into the dirt. Also it’s fucking rude. If someone sees you sitting on their mom’s headstone, they might just kick your ass.
- Decorations around a grave will be removed if they are broken, or if a grave side service/ burial is going to take place nearby. We do need to bring heavy machinery in to dig graves, and for outside services there are also tents and chairs laid out. If you notice the decorations have been disturbed, it’s probably not vandalism BUT if you’re not sure, it never hurts to ask.
- I personally don’t care if you want to place food or drink on your loved one’s grave. It’s very common. But if you complain about ants all over the headstone, and I go out to see that it’s because you left a whole ass packet of oreos and an open six pack of corona, I’m not gonna be impressed or happy. Like I’ll be nice about it, but I will think you’re a dumbass.
- If the cemetery allows you to bring pets into the park, that’s great. That’s chill. Please pick up after them. No one likes to see a big pile of dog shit in the middle of the cremation garden.
- Do not fuck in the cemetery. I swear to fucking god. Don’t even make out in the cemetery. You shouldn’t be doing that shit in public anyways. I don’t care about your morbid goth fetish. Some grandma is going to see you getting frisky next to her son’s grave, and beat you to death with her purse and the ten pounds of silk floral arrangements she brought to place there.
- Don’t be afraid to visit. We want these parks to be a place where you can both mourn and celebrate the person who died. I regularly see families who have picnics out there, especially on holidays. If you haven’t visited in a while and aren’t sure where your loved one is, ask someone on staff. It’s our job to help you find them, and no one is going to judge you for visiting for the first time in like 10 years.
Due to recent events, I have decided to update my list.
- Do not be naked in the cemetery.
…I would like OP to expand on ‘recent events’ here.
“I think it’s vital that teachers are trained about dyslexics, about dyslexia, about spotting it, and about working with dyslexic kids. It’s absolutely vital because the world is changing and imagination is key to everything and there’s going to be a lot of kids whose potential are lost unless we train our teachers to effectively teach them.”
Speaking as someone with a learning disability I really can’t stress how important this is.
A lot of programs like to tell you that they’ll “fix you” (not in so many words mind). The best talk I ever got was from one occupational therapist who said I would never be able to spell well or with ease, but eventually I may get to the point where spellcheck would be able to pick most everything up.
So you know, maybe don’t condescend to young dyslexics.
My journey has come to an end. Thank you for joining me here at the end of all things
Can it be?
I found mud
Had to chase some nosey pokémon away. Don’t worry. The journey continues
This is a long walk, but don’t worry. I will get there
Don’t mind me. Just walking to the park
when i was in grade 5 some kid told me the song “wake me up when september ends” was about 9/11 and i believed him until like three years ago
i cried so hard when we watched the lion king in first grade that my teacher called my parents and sent me home early
in high school i was questioned by the principal over drug use because i accidentally left my notebook in the bathroom and a teacher opened it to a drawing of an anime character saying “all i want for christmas is weed” but really i was a repressed nerd and never smoked a weed in my life
i made a joke about anal fissures in front of my extremely religious roommate and i thought she was gonna yell at me but instead she asked what an anal fissure was
i thought hatsune miku was a real person
in grade 8 i got in trouble for saying vagina in science class so the teacher made me fill out this stupid discipline worksheet and one of the questions was “how do i feel about what i did”
i answered “good”
THIS. I wish I could be as eloquent as this person. Because this is how you make a difference.
for everyone in the notes asking: this was @raindovemodel (who is no longer active on tumblr, they’re active on instagram where this was posted but i wont link it because tumblr would hide this in the notes)
Rain (any pronouns) is a genderfluid model & posts a lot about how their ability to “pass” as either a man or a woman influences them, and shows off the absurdity of double standards such as mens vs womens olympic uniforms and societal treatment based on perceived gender
They’re also incredibly patient with transphobes and other bigots, and much more so than most of us can manage and I think it’s amazing that they put up with what people say & do
Dude! I saw this on face book, I was sure if this was a real convo, I’m so happy that it is!
These are waterfall castles located in Poland. (Source)
As much as I would for this to be real, its unfortunately not.
Its a photo manipulation done by an artist named Inspektor02 on DA. The castle itself is actually from a theme park; Efteling in the Netherlands It’s from an attraction based on the fairy tale called “Het meisje met de zwavelstokjes” (The little match girl), and it is designed by Michel den Dulk. if anyone remembers that sad story. v.v;
Though its not in English, you can go HERE to see some of the blue prints of the castle and photos of its construction.
Air rings collide underwater. (Source)
w h a t
How does this even happen? Like are these cause naturally or did a human/manmade thing cause this?
Dolphins can make them, I learned to do it, it’s a lot of fun. Just a way of pursing your lips when you blow bubbles
Life is amazing
toroidal vortexes!! they’re basically a tube rolling, but the tube is a circle. The rotation direction is inward or outward, instead of clockwise or counterclockwise like a “normal” vortex! You can make them by creating a cylindrical current of faster moving fluid around a similar current of slower moving fluid, aka pursing your lips when you blow bubbles!
we are already living in the cyberpunk future and i know this because within a span of 3 days we went from this tweet:
to thousands of people making phony images and replying to them with their passionate desire to have them as a tshirt to overload the bots with nonsense and junk and send out warnings to shoppers like this:
and now we even have people replying to pictures of baby yoda with “i want this on a tshirt” knowing how ravenous disney is being with copyright in hopes to get the stores taken down altogether
i dont know what it is about stuff like this and the whole turn mei into a symbol of hk protesters thing but, its really reassuring for some reason
And the next step…
Holy shit y’all look at the front page of the site right now
I screencapped it for posterity just in case the whole site gets take down. It’s glorious.