in any language, we know this pain
u know what makes me cry….. that one van gogh quote about life changing for the better….. “many people seem to think it foolish, even superstitious, to believe that the world could still change for the better. and it is true that in winter it is sometimes so bitingly cold that one is tempted to say, ‘what do i care if there is a summer; its warmth is no help to me now.’ yes, evil often seems to surpass good. but then, in spite of us, and without our permission, there comes at last an end to the bitter frosts. one morning the wind turns, and there is a thaw. and so i must still have hope.” yeah….. Crying….
In retrospect, the fact that it was a meme for a good five years that none of us knew what was going to happen in the year 2020 seems oddly prescient.
“haha sorry I don’t have 2020 vision” none of us did :(
We fucking chekovs gun-ed ourselves
Hot dog water is the exact opposite of holy water in that you can add a single drop of it to any amount of pure water and it will make the entire thing unpure
now THIS is the kind of philosophical liturgy i come to tumblr for. FINALLY i can defeat the pope
If u add a single drop of hot dog water and a single drop of holy water do they cancel each other out?
Good question. My guess is you’d be struck down on the spot for hubris and blasphemy.
blurred out lena dunham is so funny to me
My Mediocre Pop Culture Predictions for the coming years:
- McDonald’s will experiment with selling “all ages toys” like exclusive Funko pops directly off their menu, at least one of which will be Rick Sanchez.
- A politician will actually gain more traction in their career by repeatedly making references to Harry Potter or some other large fandom.
- Video game companies will realize how many people watch a longplay instead of actually playing a game and begin making their own licensed, monetized versions you can watch on netflix.
- An anime or manga about a coronavirus gijinka will go controversially mainstream.
- Marvel or DC will push a new superhero whose powers come from video games and whose secret identity is a youtube star.
- A twitter devoted to a niche fetish will be connected to someone so high profile that mainstream news will have to explain vore or inflation to the entire world.
the cultural shift of how we all perceive tumblr fascinates me so much. it went from ‘home where all my best friends hang out’ to ‘horrible awful hellsite i hate it so much’ to ‘mess that’s shoddily taped together yet somehow the most bearable social network left’
TIL that Ancient Roman politician Gaius Gracchus had a bounty placed on his head that was equivalent to his head’s weight in gold. The head was delivered, but the reward was never paid because it was discovered that his captor removed Gaius’ brain and filled his head with molten lead.
For once I’d like one boring fact about ancient Romans
The thing about the ancient Romans is that they went full throttle at every conceivable opportunity.
maybe op meant one of the more realistic full body ones but this mental image was so strong
i think there needs to be a lying face down emoji
i’m in tears over this, why do you people think existential dread comes with a full ass out event
Ben and Jerry’s is dangerous ice cream… capitalizes on the evolutionary human instinct to dig for chunks… before you know it half the pint gone
primal memory of rooting around in dirt for little chocolate fish
We will never forget you.
Ctrl + F
Ctrl + F
What are you all trying to find???
A way to bring him back