Wildmother and Lawbearer, two goddesses in love watching over their domains of Nature and Civilization 💚💙 My illustration for the Tal'Dorei Campaign Setting Reborn, and one of my favourite pieces I got to work on this year!!!
I loved this commission so much you guys
i go to the gas station i swipe my credit card i look at the cashier. “its just like among us” he looks back at me. “what?” i chuckle, slipping my card into my black leather wallet. “its like among us. card swipe task.” i leave. i drive away.
the reason why all internet content is created by either 4chan or tumblr is because both platforms have extremely low moderation(and what little exists is completely arbitrary) enforcement
the difference is 4chan’s lax moderation is baked into the system and hands off by design while tumblr’s lack of moderation is the hilarious result of what happens when you let people from brooklyn who don’t know how to dress themselves in the morning become tech guys
it’s always “poor little meow meow” or “evil bastard” or “I could make him worse” what about men who are normal 🙄what about men who pay taxes and are well adjusted individuals and not at all insane
don’t know if I can defend myself against this one
Jurassic World did the Avatar thing where it made a gajillion dollars and left no cultural footprint whatsoever. Name your favorite Jurassic World character. What was your favorite line. It evaporated despite everyone seeing it.
WRONG fav character was the extra that ran away from the pterodactyls with two margheritas in hand
Gotta do everything myself around here
So, I went into this guy’s Wikipedia page, because he looked familiar. And there’s this big “Controversies” section, so I was preparing myself to read that even the margaritas/pterodactyls guy has sexually assaulted someone. But it turns out that he hasn’t. However, he:
- Has been sued for copyright infringement for a ‘blasphemous’ musical rendition of a monologue from the 1950s
- He was on a plane with U2′s Bono and his family, and the plane was shot by the Jamaican police, who believed they were smuggling marijuana. He wrote a song about the incident.
- He’s actually a singer, and his better known song in called MARGARITAVILLE. He also owns the Margaritaville Cafe restaurant chain. And has licensed Margaritaville Tequila, Margaritaville Footwear, and a Margaritaville Foods. He owns the Margaritaville Casino, has released a “Margaritaville Online” game, and he wrote and starred in a musical called “Escape to Margaritaville”
- He also wrote a song called “Math Suks”, which was condemned by the US National Council of Teachers of Mathematics for its alleged negative effect on children’s education.
- He was thrown out of a basketball game he was watching for using blasphemous language in front of kids.
- And he was detained by French customs for allegedly carrying over 100 pills of ecstasy. Although he was released after paying a fine, and, according to him, the pills were a B-vitamin supplement.
So, yeah, that was refreshing controversies section-wise, but now I don’t know what to do with all that information.
Maybe its my age, but i’m a little concerned that the fact he is a singer and wrote Margaritaville wasn’t prior knowledge and is considered a controversy
Beach, booze, Buffett.
Jimmy Buffett plays the margarita guy in Jurassic World because his most famous song is “Margaritaville” and this is therefore hilarious, I thought
absolutely obsessed with jimmy buffett being called “this guy”
Love the suggestion that the song and brand Margarativille are mentioned in passing on the Wikipedia page for uncredited Jurassic World extra Jimmy Buffett
reading the first half of the comments like
do you think autistic people dislike eye contact because of ancestral memories from medusa times
No I don’t
i have been wizardphobic ever since one turned me into a small mouse
well fuck you im going to turn you into an
Imagine getting into a fight irl and the dude you’re fighting pulls out what looks like orange-hot steel rebar bar with little puffs of flame and metal fragments orbiting it and is all like ahahah I got a blaze rod you’re done for like what would you even do in that situation and don’t reply any dumb shit
Rationalist, Capitalist, Romanticist
I like to imagine at some point Vilya mentions the nice people who helped her escape Rumblecusp to her daughter, and this somehow leads to Keyleth and Caduceus developing a close friendship that lasts long after their respective parties are gone.
this friendship begins with Keyleth making what is basically a diplomatic visit to the Blooming Grove to personally thank the cleric who freed her mother and they have a nice chat about nature and the graveyard that eventually turns into a heavy conversation about grief and destiny that ends with a long poignant silence before Caduceus suddenly asks if she wants to help him play a prank on Colton and Keyleth, who is fundamentally an only child desperate to fit in, immediately agrees.
Nice to think about that even 30 years after VM, and essentially being the queen of her people, Keyleth is still a deeply awkward individual who’s a people pleaser.