Bold of boomers to assume I wasn’t put on this earth to be a rude little man
Tumblr for some reason is not letting me publish asks but anyway…
The fuzzy fur-like stuff that covers a lot of moths is actually modified scales, like the scales on their wings, made of a substance called chitin, rather than keratin as in mammal hair. Chitin also makes up their exoskeleton. Wing scales are used to absorb heat, possibly to assist with flight, and to display colors/patterns as defense/camouflage or to attract a mate. The fuzz on their body is thought to muffle the sonar of predatory bats as well as keep them warmer in the chilly night air. Unlike mammal hair, though, these scales are not continually growing and cannot be replaced if lost or damaged.
Here’s a fun extreme macro photo of a sunset moth’s wing scales and longer modified hair-like scales:
Photo via Johan J.Ingles-Le Nobel
I want a story about an Italian vampire.
No romance, no action.
Just 200 pages of “What do you mean, I can’t have garlic? Do you know where I’m from?”
TBH I think the main issue would be the mirror thing
have you ever met an Italian man
the amount of time they spend looking in the mirror jfc
a bunch of pissed off vampires stuck in Venice because they can’t go over moving water
Not to victim blame, but you’d have to be a pretty bad Italian to even get turned into a vampire in the first place.
the only two places practically immune to vampires are texas and italy
Let me tell you of A Thing.
Lithuania has no vampires, I guarantee it.
Lithuania has one vampire, and let me tell you, she’s gonna be FURY UNLEASHED once someone gets her out of the centre of that crossterfuck of a burial point.
Reblogging purely for Crossterfuck.
why is “olde vampires in high school” the big thing and not “olde vampires in college”
- everyone in college is eccentric. everyone
- you wanna wear full on Victorian suit? the girl in pajamas who clearly hasn’t slept in three days supports you
- everyone is too preoccupied to care as long as you’re polite and follow class etiquette
- multiple high school diplomas? eh. same stuff. multiple BAs? Enjoy learning chemistry AND art history! All in detail!
- wandering around campus at 3am? that’s just the lifestyle tm
- no matter how old or young you look it’s not really that weird, there’s sixteen year olds and sixty year olds doing BAs somewhere
- big schools are very anonymous so nobody’s gonna bother to hassle you
the girl in pyjamas is the vampire
- If u put ur blood in a water bottle ppl will assume it’s juice and be Jealous
- “Oh god I’m a monster” 20 students who r all procrastinating big projects say “same” simultaniousely and with the exact same tone
- Everything is a joke so if u say “I subsist on the lifeblood of mankind” someone will go “lol what a mood”
- It would take u like 100 years to major in everything
- Seen sucking the blood of a fellow classmate and u r instantly the campus Cryptid and Mascot
- Listen. If u have an ethical dilemma go find a philosophy major that believes in ethical subjectivism and they’ll make u so angry u forget abt whatever the fuck was bothering u
- College is the only acceptable place to get into fistfights over classical literature
- Literally all u need to do to avoid suspicion is be the guy that always has gum and a stapler
- If u have a majestic mustache ppl will just assume ur an English major
- Allergic to crosses? Cool. So r certain stem majors.
also everybody is either always eating or never eating so not eating isn’t that weird
“never seen in the light of the sun//sleeps all day & is awake at night” “can’t eat garlic” “dresses weird” “can’t enter your home uninvited” “won’t go into churches” “drinks weird red liquid”
- this is just a liberal arts major with a garlic allergy and social anxiety.
You guys are missing the biggest joke, everyone will actively call them “the vampire” but think nothing of it
Vampires at college not high school 2020 yuletide fandom
I’m so down for this. Also!
- Keeps a jar of your native soil around? Oh, like the botany guys, just keep quiet if you try and grow weed in it
- Slip up and speak antiquated form of Romanian? “Yeah, man, I have language midterms this week too”
- Research campus probably has a hospital FULL of easily-accessible blood, to say nothing of campus blood drives
- Looking pale and tired? So is literally everyone else
I want a blood drive volunteer getting caught sucking on a donation like a juice box at the campus blood drive…by another vampire
Who is like AW MAN YOU TOOK THE LAST AB- THAT’S THE BEST ONE
It is on a par with sneaking the last tangerine la Croix for the communal fridge