Don’t be shocked when your history book mentions me
Hey pearl can I join you on the Sacha simp train
absolutely!!!! join the simp train
not be like “ugh the Youths” but i think kids nowadays have gotten Too Comfortable on the internet.
like i see these tweets on twitter like “hey im 14 and i just got kicked out pls rt so i can find somewhere to stay im in x state/city” and like HOLY SHIT i cannot emphasize enough how incredibly dangerous this is. you’re broadcasting to EVERYONE that you are young, vulnerable, and desperate AND information on how to find you!!!! like i know you meant for that to be just for your friends on twitter but that’s a public tweet!!! ANYONE could see it!!! like I saw it and i have no idea who you are you are not in my circle and yet!!! so like WHO ELSE has seen it!!!
This girl on among us have me her number and turns out she’s 13. It was like 3am and she proceeded to tell me the name of her town, what school she went to, both of her parents jobs, how she did in class, what her home life is like, the first names of all of her friends, ect. All of this mostly unprompted. The smartest thing she did was ask to FaceTime me to make sure I ‘wasn’t a 40yo catfish’ and she talked about the other kids that she had met on among us this way.
To any kids out there: I know that quarantine is stressful and we’re all depressed and lonely bu please please please don’t give out your information to strangers on the internet, and if you do there are dozens of safer options than just giving everything to everyone and just hoping for the best
My little sister is 14 and she gave out her information to the wrong person who shared it somewhere and she can now count on two hands the number of teens and young adults who have asked for nudes and favors and personal information. It’s really worsening her anxiety and anorexia so please I’m begging you don’t give out any of your information unless you explicitly trust the person you’re giving it to.
Stranger danger yall. And if you’re ever wondering what you could do to keep yourself safe, here’s a list.
1. Use an alias (don’t have to but doesn’t hurt, especially when you have a unique name)
2. NEVER give your last name! (E.g. if you’re Jessica, aint no way they gonna be able to find you without your last name. Don’t risk it)
3. NEVER give your address (things like country is still vague enough. But if you tell anyone your street or something super identifiable)
4. You don’t have to post photos of yourself! (You can if you want to but remember to be careful! Street names and addresses should not be visible in these photos!)
5. Block creeps. Anyone that ya getting bad vibes from, just block em. Don’t be scared about being “mean”. Protect yourself.
This is all from the top of my head so if anyone wants to add go ahead. Let’s help protect the younglings.
R ur requests open for the prompt list u just rb’d ?
P R O M P T L I S T
- “How did you even manage to do this?!”
- “Do I even want to know”
- Cuddled up on the couch, one reading to the other
- “You’re so weird!”
- “It’s 3am this’d better be ground breaking”
- “My boss wants me to go to Russia for a job”
- Both crying in each other’s arms
- Your song comes on the radio when you’re driving somewhere w some friends
- “You can … if you’re gonna kiss me like that”
- “This is eye liner right?”
- Sitting near the window on a rainy day, playing chess
- “You’re cute when you pretend to be mad at me”
- “Did I just say that out loud?!”
- “Ever thought about kids?”
- “I’m crazy about you, you know that?”
- “Did you know…” / “Fun fact…”
- They had a bad day and you’re trying to cheer them up
- You had a bad day and they’re trying to cheer you up
- “That’s a great outfit”
- “Your smart mouth is going to get you into trouble”
- walking into a small lowkey diner for desert, only to see that your/your date’s bff is there with their S.O
- walking into a small lowkey diner for desert, only to see that your/your date’s ex is there with their S.O
- trying to do a tiktok dance with them
- pillow talk [send me a topic with this ask]
- “You can’t order that!” “Why not?” “Because then there’s be no point in stealing some of yours”
book of you and I by Alec Benjamin :)
oh i love that song 💕
girl on tv by chloe moriondo? :)
ooo i’ve never heard of this one before
Marriage is good and weddings are great but I hate modern wedding culture. You don’t need to bankrupt yourself to have a nice wedding. Stop supporting the wedding industry, stop buying outrageously priced engagement rings, stop spending 10k on a dress you’ll only ever wear once.
Coming from a professional event planner - weddings are egregiously expensive because companies openly raise prices at the word “wedding.”
Pro Tip - Never drop the word wedding while planning if you don’t need to. Most things can be for “an event you’re planning.” This obviously doesn’t include things like the venue, DJ (who needs specific wedding songs), and the wedding dress company if you’re going that route versus just buying a dress.
For my wedding I got “discounted” cupcakes, flowers, decor, bridesmaids dresses, groomsman attire, and invitations. I did this by either searching for things that aren’t marketed for weddings or not telling the companies I was working with it was for a wedding. Because honestly, most of the time they don’t need to know why you’re ordering.
These companies target people planning their weddings and markup everything the second “wedding” is said. And it’s said often because people assume the services change exponentially for weddings. They absolutely do not.
The best example are the cupcakes I had for my wedding. I used a designer cupcake store in town instead of spending $1000 on a wedding cake. If you place a large order of cupcakes with a cake tree for display - it costs about $150 for 100 (which is what I did). When you order their “wedding” package - the price raised to a $700 base for 100 cupcakes. The only other perk includes a “tasting.” Forget that. Our tasting was buying a few cupcakes in flavors we thought we’d like and picked three. It cost maybe $20.
What these companies do is scummy and targets people who don’t have information about the event industry.
I will yell it from the rooftops until people realize there’s a better way.
happy. - black picket fence
ooooo i’ll check it out
i like the band name
songs! It's Alright, by Mother Mother, Sharada by Skye Sweetnam, Pray by Xana
YO I LOVE MOTHER MOTHER!!!! they’re actually from the province next to me. my friend got to meet them last year.
and Skye Sweetnam!!! i miss her so much. i used to be OBSESSED with her at one point.
as for the third song i’ll definitely check it out!!!
People asked so here’s the banana bread recipe mentioned in the first This Dance chapter:
113 grams butter, melted
0,5 cup sugar
0,25 cup milk, I use whole milk
1 teaspoon vanilla aroma
3 very ripe, mashed bananas
2 cups flour, I use either whole-wheat or spelt
1 teaspoon baking powder
0,5 teaspoon salt
Bonus: chocolate chips or 0,5 cup grounded hazelnuts
Step 1: preheat the oven to 180° Celsius or 356 Fahrenheit (top and bottom heat, for fan ovens it’d be 160°C and 320 Fahrenheit)
Step 2: melt the butter. Personally I use a water bath
Step 3: use one big bowl to mix the butter with the sugar, eggs, milk and vanilla aroma
Step 4: mash the bananas to your heart’s content. I prefer a smooth banana bread so I use a blender. Add the bananas to the mix
Step 5: add the flour, baking powder and salt, stir till well combined. If you like, throw in some chocolate chips or grounded hazelnuts
Step 6: grease a loaf baking pan with some butter, sprinkle some flour into the pan and make sure the flour covers the ground and sides evenly in a thin layer. This will help you later to get the banana bread out of the pan with ease
Step 7: Pour the batter into the pan. Use a spatula to spread it out evenly
Step 8: bake in the oven for 45-60 minutes (time varied for all ovens I used so far). Use a wooden stick to determine if it’s done: when the stick comes out clean, you can pull the banana bread out of the oven
Step 9: let cool for at least 10 minutes before taking it out of the pan. And then enjoy!
This is one of the easiest recipe I ever used and so far, everyone loved it! At some point people wanted me to bring it so often that I couldn’t eat it anymore for two months bc I was so fed up 😂 I hope you like it as well!
me 🤝 max not sleeping when we should be