“If a poem hasn’t ripped apart your soul; you haven’t experienced poetry.”
— Edgar Allan Poe (via quotemadness )
i am once again begging y’all to stop saying that lesbians are more privileged than the other lgbt sexualities. we are LITERALLY the smallest sexual minority group in the community. not to mention,
- our flag is never respected or used, and people will come up with any excuse to disrespect it and it’s creator
- our terms and labels are co-opted by people who aren’t lesbians and when we ask them to stop we are labeled as bigots
- our sexuality is fetishized and misrepresented in media only to pander to cishet men and about 80% of the representation we get is only cis white feminine women
- don’t even get me started on the way y’all treat lesbians of color, trans lesbians, non binary lesbians, and butch&femme lesbians
if you aren’t a lesbian, you need to be fucking speaking up about lesbophobia. people don’t listen to us. the amount of times i’ve seen a bi woman speak out against lesbophobia and a lesbian be called biphobic for saying the same thing is .. astounding. if you think that lesbians have some kind of “monosexual privilege” or have it BETTER due to how hyper sexualized we are, you’re a lesbophobe. pure and simple.
[terfs, radfems, truscum, and transmeds don’t touch this post.]
Screw coffee shop AU!! I want to find my true love over the flames of a Revolution, our eyes meeting in amber light ￼as time slows
this might sound creepy but i love driving when it’s dark out because if people are home with the lights on i can catch a glimpse of them. it’s never more than like a three second glance but it’s just seeing a slice of life. i’ve seen families sitting down for dinner, middle aged people working on laptops in their offices, kids watching tv from a couch, couples laughing together. it’s just very comforting and mundane
i know there’s a lot going on but ICE are now one step closer to literally creating gas chambers. they are spraying a chemical called HDQ neutral roughly 100 times a day, every 15 minutes at the adelanto detention center (one of the biggest in the country). people are getting rashes, headaches, their insides are bleeding, etc. the guards are wearing gloves and masks but the detainees have NOTHING.
and here’s a quick reminder - america inspired the nazis to create gas chambers when they gassed latino people during the 1917 bath riots.
here’s a petition to sign. it’s close to it’s goal. if there’s anything else we can do to help i’ll update this post.
I don’t have the words to properly explain how horrifying this is. In April, the advocacy group Freedom For Immigrants published a report about unsanitary conditions at the detention center, where the immigrants were made to clean the facilities with only water, or shampoo. According to their report, there were sick detainees there - possibly with COVID-19, but it’s unclear since they weren’t being tested - and the conditions could easily lead to a situation in which the virus exploded among those there.
The guards are spraying this disinfectant in retaliation for the report. To be clear - HDQ is an industrial-strength disinfectant, which according to the manufacturer is “harmful if inhaled” and “causes severe skin burns and serious eye damage.” The guards are spraying it on everything every 15-30 minutes, according to sources, and immigrants in the center have already experienced severe symptoms including blisters, rashes, bleeding, fainting, breathing difficulties, headaches, stomach pain, and nausea.
And let’s be real - ICE doesn’t give a shit, either about protecting these people or about preventing a COVID outbreak. ICE, according to their own reports, currently has 25,911 people in custody, of which only 2,670 have been tested. 1,392 of those were positive. In simple terms - less than 10% of detainees have been tested. Of those, more than half are positive. We cannot estimate how many sick people ICE is currently holding, or how many more will get sick without any kind of prevention or care.
ICE is killing people through neglect, and when they dared complain - they started gassing them.
Unfortunately, with Trump in the white house, petitions aren’t doing much. What we can do, however, is donate to the advocacy group that is bringing these things to light, allowing them to continue their work and hopefully free more immigrants. Their donation page is here. Please spread this.
Happy pride month!
i just hope all of my black followers, mutuals, etc know that your voice matters and that your voice needs to be heard. you matter and should always matter. im so sorry people are gross. and im so sorry this is still happening in 2020.
for people who are unaware of why the riots in minneapolis started happening, here’s the facts:
- it wasn’t george floyd’s protesters who started reacting violently; it was the cops.
- the protest was peaceful until the cops showed up in riot gear, and started using water cannons, followed up by tear gas and rubber bullets. i got videos from friends who were there, of people screaming and running away from the cops shooting the water cannons, rubber bullets and throwing tear gas at them. they were even shooting at the protesters dragging people away to get medical attention.
- speaking of medical attention, dispatch refused to provide any medical attention to the protesters. people literally had to drive their bleeding friends to the hospital because they refused to send ambulances.
- cops are using non-lethal weapons in a lethal way. they shot rubber bullets into people’s heads and injured them. there’s dozens of photos of protesters with bleeding head wounds from the rubber bullets.
- multiple people used police scanners and heard that there were undercover cops pretending to be violent protesters who were throwing rocks and whatnot at the police, with dozens of eyewitness accounts confirming that information.
- the person who instigated all the chaos last night (it was a fire at an autozone) with the looting and burning buildings is highly suspected to be an undercover cop pretending to be a protester, because the video of him keeps getting taken down. protesters tried to stop him but couldn’t because he had a hammer and they were scared for their safety.
- the cops jammed cell phone towers and cut live streams to interrupt broadcasts and to prevent people from seeing what was really going on and who actually started the violence.
- the cops lied about protesters being armed and about throwing rocks and are literally trying to continue the violence happening and yet no one is holding them accountable for that.
- and during all this, the cop that murdered george floyd still hasn’t been arrested. he has had more than ten complaints filed against him and was involved in three other civilian shootings in the past. and yet he’s still out free along with his three other buddies involved, probably sitting on his couch while all this chaos is happening.
so don’t get it twisted. the cops just want to change the narrative to make it look like they’re the wounded and righteous party, when they’re the ones who started reacting violently in the first place and are still acting violently. so don’t you ever forget who started this tragedy and murdered someone, and who are continuing to react to the situation with violence.