Tumblr always makes me wanna watch k/c/t/j/(errything in btwn) dramas I’m not really interested in initially. Bleh.
At least he loves himself.
And that’s why some of us are still living with our parents. -_-
How to turn down second male lead.
Gah, my heart hurts so much.
How could anyone reject that smile.
Both upset me. Well.
Breaking the 4th wall.
The only way to live.
Let Song Ji Hyo be in her cave. Let her be.
But I’m always getting sick. Maybe my mirror is broken. Hmm.
To the #Blackout Community and Tumblr at large,
We know you must have a lot of questions or are feeling distressed about the news. The world has been dealing with a lot this year, and it is an especially harrowing time for Black Americans and Black folks abroad. We know your biggest question right now could be summed up by a quote from Toni Morrison:
“What can I do where I am?”
Here at #TheBlackout, we have decided to help you start finding an answer to that question - we feel that we need each other. We need unity, organization, a clear sense of direction, but more importantly, a space where you can be yourself without judgement or fear.
So, in addition to boosting your art and businesses, our highest priority right now is to provide you all with resources to help you start from where you are.
This is a masterpost of places you can donate, find mental health + spaces for radical self-care, and just do something fun. We will be adding on as things change.
- Minneapolis Freedom Bail Fund & Louisville Community Bail Fund
- Reclaim the Block
- Black Visions Collective
- The Official GoFundMe of George Floyd’s Family
- Official Petition for Breonna Taylor
- Justice for Regis Official Fund
- Tony McDade’s Memorial Fund
- Black Lives Matter Network
Mental Health Resources:
- Ethel’s Club - Black-owned and operated social club offering access to Black therapists and a multitude of creative events for People of Color.
- Crisis Text Line - A different approach to crisis intervention, Crisis Text Line offers you help when you text 741-741. You’ll be able to chat with someone who is willing to listen and provide you with additional resources.
- Shine Text. – Black-owned! Sign up to receive cheerful texts and tips every day.
- Therapy For Black Girls - A Black-owned a directory to help you find Black therapists in your area.
Tips for Organizing/Protesting:
- Knowing your rights - ACLU
- How To Prepare for a Protest. (Remember to wear a mask in or to protect yourself!)
- A Twitter thread of suggested readings
Fun Online Communities and Things to Do:
Some of our favorite online communities.
Join us for the 5/31 Emergency #Blackout/#BlackoutDay here on Tumblr and Twitter.
Tumblr has always been a fierce believer in free speech and the power it gives to the people who wield it. Throughout history, free speech has been the most important tool used to fight for racial and social justice. The protests being held in honor of George Floyd, Breonna Taylor, and Ahmaud Arbery are no different. They are important. They should not be ignored or derided. The disproportionate violence Black people face from those who have power in our country is not acceptable. It’s on all of us, regardless of race, to stand up for what is right, to demand justice, and to demand change.
Say their names.
Black lives matter.
Math is not my strong subject.
Making a deal with the cops.
When you sound scary but you’re just a fruity cinnamon roll.