tayorsalison >> morgenthaus
THANKS SO MUCH @sharpay ILY SO MUCH
Tagging some mutuals under the cut:
being in your 20s is like: i’m so young i’m so old. i should do everything i should rest. i can do what i want but i need to be careful. i’m an Adult™ but i need help from an Adult™. i’m so smart i’m so stupid. i’m leaving i feel left behind. i want to be a kid again and i can’t wait to be old. i’ve done a lot i’ve done nothing. i wanna be alone but i’m so lonely. like…. what the hell ??
No matter the quality of your creations, remember that you’re the only one in the world who can make them exactly like that. They’re all unique contributions to this world cause no one else can do it like you. Don’t let comparison and competition make you forget that you got a perspective no one else in the world can express.
my hella arbitrary list of fav malec moments ranked, just because i felt so
aaaaaaand i have an unhealthy obsession with lists that is definitely diagnoseable but ssshhhhh
37. “you stupid Nephilim“ ©
36. “I think the autumnal theme would be nice” “ABORT, ABORT, Isabelle, are you insane?” ©
35. Hall of the Accords kiss in CoG
34. subway mugging attempt from the very first date
33. the way you just know book!magnus enunciates word “Alexander”
32. this absolute gem of an interaction
31. Magnus somehow figuring that enchanting his sister’s whip with magical protections would be the best gift to Alec for his birthday
30. The simple fact of Alexander Gideon Lightwood turning out to be wild AF, and having a certain proclivity to tearing Magnus’ expensive wardrobe pieces right off him, while in throws of passion
29. “Wow, you and Monogamous Bane make me tired. He’s even dumber than you are” © Lily
28. When Clary invented a rune to temporary present herself as one’s most beloved, and Alec saw Magnus, even though it happed mere months in their relationship
27. Magnus coming to the Institute to see Alec off to Alicante in CoHF, even though they were broken up
26. “Alec Lightwood loved one man so much…”
25. “He is not my warlock”
24. general population of the Downworld sometimes subtly reminding Alec about Magnus being slightly out of his league (e.g. “Punch above your weight a little, huh?” ©, etc.)
23. but at the same time, the journey from “STOP HUGGING SHADOWHUNTERS IN FRONT OF MY PLACE OF BUSINESS” © TEC 1 to “Get a room, cute boys!” © TEC 2
22. Mere fact that in spite of all the convoluted and complicated history Magnus has had with Nephilim over centuries, he eventually somehow ended up being married to their highest authority figure like ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
21. “I do not ever want another love“
how dare you sir
20. the fact that Alec instantly knew© with Max, and Magnus instantly knew© with Rafe
19. and that it is physically impossible for them to come by an abandoned child, and stop themselves from adopting on the spot
18. Alec’s behaviour during warlock sickness in TDA
14. “The Voicemail of Magnus Bane”
12. “Catarina gave Magnus a delighted look over Alec’s shoulder. “At last”, she murmured. “A keeper.” ©
10. unforgettable “Since I am the Consul now, I guess I make the rules.” […] “Was that flirting?” Magnus said. “Because I have to tell you I’m more in than I thought I would be.” […] “Yes.” Said Alec. He paused. “No. A little bit.” […] ‘’I mean I make all the rules. I’m in charge now”. “I told you already I was in“ © QoAaD
8. I wanna say the entirety of tRSoM, which main plot premise was “two poor clueless idiots are just trying to screw each other in peace, but kept getting cockblocked at every turn”, but am gonna say Rome Hotel Scene, for reasons
7. also, the marvellous fact that the cockblocking torch was passed down from demons/cultists/princes of hell to malec’s very own precious infant heir
6. aaaaaaand of course let’s not forget to mention Simon Lewis in that particular regard
5. the general level of thirst throughout the whole saga
4. Yes, this one, this one fits, after all the stumbling around and searching, and here it is. © What to buy the Shadowhunter
3. The Land I Lost (”his first kiss and his last”, “but he could imagine, in some faraway future, the face he loved best”, “hey, my baby”, “once he’d said “my betrothed” and felt like a total idiot”, feel free to stop me at any point)
1. […] I spent days dying in chains, thinking you would never know this, so let me tell you now. I will love you as long as I live. However long or short my life may be, it seems to me that I could never find time enough to love you as you deserve. Loving you made me believe in eternity. Aku cinta kamu. (c)
would you prefer to learn French or Italian before you die?
the threatening aura of this message reads like it was sent by the duolingo owl
@heydorothea @tolerateit @corqeliastreet @thehoax @daenerys-targaryen @dyingday @newrcmantlcs @johnskeating @madswoman @taswifts @reputationn @replayfootsteps @wildestdream @marksloan @loseyoutoloveme @ohh-goddamn @andysambrg @favoritecrimemp3">morgenthaus:
Augustine >> Emma
I am going to be tracking #useremms now!! Feel free to call me Em!!
Tagging a few mutuals:
@heydorothea @tolerateit @corqeliastreet @thehoax @daenerys-targaryen @dyingday @newrcmantlcs @johnskeating @madswoman @taswifts @reputationn @replayfootsteps @wildestdream @marksloan @loseyoutoloveme @ohh-goddamn @andysambrg @favoritecrimemp3
So I just looked at the soundtrack for the In The Heights movie, and I found out they cut out a bunch of songs. I knew they would probably make changes to the plot and replace nonessential songs with dialogue, but I’m still sad.
So for those of you who are just getting introduced to In The Heights, I encourage you to check out them out. Here’s a list of songs that were cut (with commentary from me).
- 1. “Inútil (Useless)” — Kevin
2. “Siempre (Always)” — Camila and Bolero Singer (Unessential to the plot, but I love it deeply)
3. “Sunrise” — Nina, Benny, and Ensemble (I just really love the part where Nina is teaching Benny Spanish, y'all)
4. “Hundreds of Stories” — Abuela Claudia and Usnavi (Abuela Claudia and Usnavi are really sweet together)
5. “Enough” — Camila (apparently, there’s no Camila at all, and I don’t love it because 1) she’s great and 2) she provides a nice balance to Nina’s dad)
6. “Atención” — Kevin
7. “Everything I Know” — Nina (Makes me cry every time because it so good)
8. “No Me Diga (Reprise)” — Daniela, Carla, and Vanessa
9. “Piragua (Reprise)” — Piragua Guy (The absolute joy in the Piragua guy’s voice when he sings “Mr. Frosty’s truck has broken down” should’ve been enough for them to include this)
CHECK THESE OUT!
tumblr best site bc no money. the momnt instagram turned profitable eveeyone stsrted putting WAY too much effort into whats essentially just a picture or two. youtube channels with whole production teams and studios behind them. algorithm this algorithm that. tumblrdoesnt even have a search function let alone a proper algorithnm
If my mutuals can’t rb this then we can’t be mutuals
Of course it is.
As safe as a soft pillow
I swear if nobody rbs this, I’m gonna be real mad
Roses are red, that much is true, but violets are purple, not fucking blue.
I have been waiting for this post all my life.
They are indeed purple,
But one thing you’ve missed:
The concept of “purple”
Didn’t always exist.
Some cultures lack names
For a color, you see.
Hence good old Homer
And his “wine-dark sea.”
A usage so quaint,
A phrasing so old,
For verses of romance
Is sheer fucking gold.
So roses are red.
Violets once were called blue.
I’m hugely pedantic
But what else is new?
My friend you’re not wrong
About Homer’s wine-ey sea!
Colours are a matter
Of cultural contingency;
Words are in flux
And meanings they drift
But the word purple
You’ve given short shrift.
The concept of purple,
My friends, is old
And refers to a pigment
once precious as gold.
By crushing up molluscs
From the wine-dark sea
You make a dye:
Meant that in Rome,
to wear purpura
was a privilege reserved
For only the emperor!
The word ‘purple’,.
for clothes so fancy,
By the ninth century
Why then are voilets
Not purple in song?
The dye from this mollusc,
known for so long
Is almost magenta;
More red than blue.
The concept of purple
is old, and yet new.
The dye is red,.
So this might be true:
Roses are purple
And violets are blue
While this song makes me merry,
Tyrian purple dyes many a hue
From magenta to berry
And a true purple too.
But fun as it is to watch this poetic race
The answer is staring you right in the face:
Roses are red and violets are blue
Because nothing fucking rhymes with purple.
IT GOT SO MUCH BETTER.
My reaction, only with coffee.
Hang on, need to send this to my literature prof
Purple is prose and as we all know
English is not a tongue neat.
Words are alive, and flexible, they jibe
And from our sick brains they meet:
Rhyming with purple to the lexicon burgle,
And remember there’s more than just herbal
We can color–empurple,
(Alternatively impurple )
And we can also enrage! Bepurple!
You can’t ride a horse without a good curple
Or you’ll fall and then walk with a hirple.
Don’t forget plurals, for varied are purples,
and besprinkle–that’s called disperple.
Even rarer are names
Although that seems strange,
Recall Burkel, Myrtle, and Urkel!
Watch out for the gods
Like Akkadian Nergal
You don’t want your blood to go curdle!
A husky is curtal,
And if unspayed is fertile,
But never as much as a gerbil.
With clothes we have kirtle
And don’t forget girdle
Or how babies will gurgle
I think we could keep going in circles.
Reposting this because a buddy was looking for ‘purple’ words this week.