javid au coming november 1st lads
javid au coming november 1st lads
Davey watches through the darkness, a thick blanket, as Jack slides the window beside their bed shut, pushing on it three times. In the cold seasons, Jack can’t sleep until he’s done this, and Davey still has no clue why he does it.
Once it’s confirmed that the window’s closed, he lifts the layers of blankets and slides into the space beside Davey, arm wrapping around his waist. He tugs him closer, pressing their bodies together. Warmth spreads through Davey’s body as he tucks his face in the crook of Jack’s neck, inhaling the scent of paint and Old Spice and green apple.
Davey shivers as an icy hand slips under his shirt, running it up and down his side. The chill soon fades.
He drowsily blinks, pressing himself closer to close the nonexistent space between them.
“Love you, baby,” Jack says, voice thick and words slurred.
“Love you too,” Davey whispers. The even rise and fall of Jack’s chest, his steady heartbeat, his soft snores are what he drifts off to.
Okay but I have this specific image in my head of what the Jacobs-Kelly residence would be like:
- A small bookshelf with maybe ten to fifteen books, half of which Jack bought because he knows how much Davey likes to read.
- A brick mantle with things reminding them of the strike, i.e., the paper with all of the boys on the front, various other papers, Denton’s story on the rally (all of which were so nicely framed by David), and occasionally Jack’s cowboy hat when it isn’t on his head.
- The space overall is small, about the size of David’s childhood home, maybe a bit smaller even.
- Two or three windows overlooking the streets below, Jack loves being in the midst of the excitement, even after all these years.
- A desk ridden with notes and news articles. A small lamp sits to the side to light up the space when David works into the night as an editor.
- Jack often has to carry him back to bed, considering he normally finds him fast asleep at the desk chair.
- An ironing board that often is accompanied by Jack’s trousers and suspenders, both of which David had laid out the same morning.
- The kitchen is small, but organized. A few utensils are neatly placed in a jar, including the wooden spatula Jack partially burned on accident.
- The two often talk on the fire-escape at night, just like old times.
- Yes they have a dog I won’t take criticism.
- She’s the lady of the house.
- The dog was a stray on the streets, David was reminded of how Jack grew up and insisted they take her in.
- The door handle is slightly loose from when David accidentally locked them out and they had to take it off to get inside.
- There’s a safety razor for each of the two on the bathroom counter. David has to make Jack shave half of the time… and then scold him for using too much shaving soap once he finally agrees. Occasionally a soap fight will ensue.
- A crack on the tile floor of the bathroom from the one time Jack dropped something and felt horrible about it even though David insisted it was alright.
- Jack always makes the bed because he knows how much David appreciates it.
- Yes the lady dog sleeps in it when Davey isn’t home.
- He knows but he’ll never tell Jack that.
- A picture of the two on the bedside table from the time David took Jack to visit Santa Fe.
Hi!! After donating from a twitter post this man actually reached out to me with a phone number and informed me that he needs 140$ for a hotel room for him and his children
He’s a single father and any donations will help keep his babies safe and out of the heat 🙏
Please share and donate if you can, his cashapp is
Update: added his Venmo!
from one fanfic writer to another:
if you’re not proud of a fic, don’t post it. you have no obligation to post chapters or fics that you aren’t proud of. no one expects that of you.
revise as much as you’d like. scrap stories. whatever you need to do.
if you don’t know where to go with it, don’t touch it for a few weeks, and come back to it when you’re not so close to the story and look at it with fresh eyes.
if you’ve written yourself into a corner, back up and find an alternate route.
take your time.
you’re not a machine.
post things you feel good about.
a question/challenge to the other writers who follow me: if you were going to write a fic that would be “the most on-brand thing you could possibly write,” what would that fic look like?
Have you written that fic? Would you?
(as I said, mine is Once We Win)
1. kath is the only responsible one
2. emotional hurt/comfort
3. angst. lots of angst with a little fluff in between
4. found family
i’ve never written a fic that has all of these, but i’ve written all of these at some point, even if i’ve never posted then.
With the strike settled, I should be hitting the road
Okay can we just take a moment to look at everyones faces￼ (not jack idk what face he’s making) so this is right after he says he still leaving for Santa Fe and this is the first reaction the boys have. Most of them loom scared or confused but I was to focus on three of them Davey, Crutchie, and Race.
So Davey’s reaction is that of are you kidding me, it kinda looks like the face he makes throughout the show when he’s about to think of a argument to change someone’s mind (and it is we see this happen he’s the one to start convincing Jack to stay)
Crutchies reaction is more like he knew Jack was still leaving but now he was unsure if he was going with him. Like the strike just ended and he’s been away from his family for a while and he’s hesitant to follow Jack now. So he looks more conflicted with two different sides of an argument he’s having with himself
And Race, he looks like he just had his breath taken from him. So at the beginning of the show it’s hinted that the boys think of Jack as the leader and Race was probably his 2nd (you see hints of this all throughout the show) so Race was probably preparing for the day Jack left like he said he would. Now he’s probably thinking about how he’s going to be left completely alone with new responsibilities he never prepared for nor wanted. With Jack and Crutchie leaving for Santa Fe and eventually Davey not coming around as much when his dad goes back to work. I feel like Jack and Race thought of each other as brothers (their relationship throughout the show reflects this) so Jack says he’s leaving and Race’s heart shatters because his brother just said he was leaving him.
And he would probably never see him again
In defence of Katherine Plumber, and her relationship with Jack
I’ve seen many posts of people criticizing Katherine, and her relationship with Jack especially. A lot of people on here claim that their relationship was ‘forced’ and ‘tense,’ and what we all need to keep in mind is that this takes place over two hours. There is only so much the producers could put in. We can’t have an effective slowburn, thus there’s immediate attraction and banter. If we didn’t have scenes dedicated to them, then their relationship would have come out of nowhere.
Jack and Kath’s relationship starts out with banter - he unsuccessfully tries to flirt with her, but she proves to him that she won’t be won easily. Their banter leads to sexual tension between the two, and Jeremy Jordan and Kara Lindsay’s chemistry helps add to the undertones of their conversations. Their dynamics parallel and contrast each other perfectly: both of them are passionate about what they stand for and not afraid to rile each other up, yet are vulnerable with each other.
And Katherine is also so much more than just a love interest. She’s a young woman struggling to make a name for herself in an age where women were rarely anything else besides a wife. Her zeal to be a reporter drives her character, and is also the main reason why she gets into line with the newsies.
In short, Katherine is a snarky young woman with her own ideals and dreams, who also happens to fall for the newboy leader who is just like her - striving to fight against society and ‘demand their place at the table.’ Katherine having a love interest does not undermine her character; loving another person does not make you weak.
To prove something to a friend, please
REBLOG IF YOU THINK ASEXUALS BELONG IN LGBTQ+ SPACES
LIKE IF YOU THINK ASEXUALS DON’T BELONG IN LGBTQ+ SPACES
REBLOGGING SO HARD.
YOU BETTER FUCKING BELIEVE IM REBLOGGING WTF
GET 👏🏼 RID 👏🏼 OF 👏🏼 ACE/AROPHOBIA 👏🏼
im gonna reblog this everytime i see it ,,
REBLOG THIS ALREADY!
All the forms of these phobias need to be wiped out if I am being honest
My girlfriend is Asexual, so DUR imma reblog!
I misread and almost liked it, because I am what the kids like to call A Noob.
👏🏼Screw 👏🏼Ace 👏🏼Phobia
I'm so glad you're back! I missed seeing you on my dash =))
ahh thank you so much! glad to be back :)
hehehe i’m back >:)
so i’ve been thinking recently and i’m going to take a step back from tumblr for a bit.
i’ve been stressing over my followers and notes and i’ve been comparing my success to other people in the fandom for a while, and it’s unhealthy.
my blog has been in a bit of a rut recently, i’ve been stuck at 388 followers for a while, so i’m going to take some time to figure out what i want to do with my blog going forward.
i will still post on my new sideblog @newsies-fic-a-day but i will not be answering asks or interacting with anyone.
thank you so much to everyone who follows me. i will be back eventually, but just know that i love you all.
Currently writing a canon era story and David and Katherine are stressed out of their minds at a formal event and Jack and Sarah are just running around messing with rich people in the background. Writing Jack talking to rich people is the most fun thing to do.
happy father’s day to my favorite dad, jack kelly