how do i delete myself and everything ive ever said from other ppl’s minds
“Saving lives, baby.”
— Diego Hargreeves in 1x01
Diego Hargreeves | The Umbrella Academy
I was tagged by @buckleyevan (thank you so much❤)
relationship status: single
favorite color: blue
three favorite foods: pasta, açaí bowls and anything green/healthy (also, i really love peanut and dark chocolate)
song stuck in my head: august- taylor swift
last song I listened to: love takes time - mariah carey
dream trip: anywhere surrounded by nature
anything I really want: money and a peace of mind
I tag: anyone who wants to do this!
my heart goes out to lebanon. please take the time to inform yourself on what is currently happening. to my followers who are lebanese, i am so sorry. i am not lebanese, i’m only trying to offer information that has been written by lebanese people. if you are lebanese please add more information. add direct and legit links to donations and petitions so we can help you out with what we can. i know petitions don’t really work for us in the middle east and in north africa so donations are preferred to help out lebanon! and for those of you who do not know what is currently happening i’m linking some information below and linking ways you can help. please help lebanon if you can. trigger warning: there may occur videos of explosions in the twitter threads! please add links, and please keep yourselves informed of what is happening and please, be safe. listen to lebanese people about what is happening in lebanon and amplify their voices! you can find a lot of information directly from lebanese people on twitter.
- donate to lebanese red cross
- twitter thread of information of what is happening in lebanon
- carrd about what is happening in lebanon made by a lebanese person and how to help
- twitter thread on what is happening in lebanon and how to help
- carrd on how to inform yourself, sign petitions, donate and volunteer to help lebanon
- petition to support the revolution in lebanon
- carrd on ways to help lebanon
- petition to help end the kalafa system and extend labour protection to migrant domestic workers
- information and links how to help lebanon
Diego Hargreeves + quotes | The Umbrella Academy season 2
Diego Hargreeves in The Umbrella Academy season 2
“I want to thank every single one of you for coming out. This is very important, this is very vital. Black lives have always mattered. We have always been important. We have always meant something. We have always succeeded, regardless. And now is the time. I ain’t waiting! I AIN’T WAITING! I’ve been born in this country. I am 28 years old. Born and raised in London. Every black person understands and realizes the first time you are reminded that you are black. You remember. Every black person in here remembers when another person reminded you that you were black.
I need you guys to understand- I need you to understand how painful this shit is. I need you to understand how painful it is to be reminded every day that your race means nothing and that isn’t the case anymore, that is never the case anymore. We’re going to try today. We are a physical representation of our support for George Floyd. We are a physical representation on our support for Sandra Bland. We are a physical representation on our support for Trayvon Martin. We are a physical representation of our support for Stephen Lawrence. For Mark Duggan.
It is very very important that we keep control of this movement, and we make it as peaceful as possible. We make this as peaceful and as organized as possible. Because you know what, guys? They want us to mess up. They want us to be disorganized. But not today! NOT TODAY! Not today!
This message is specifically for black men: black men, black men we need to take care of our black women. We need to take care of- They are our hearts! THEY ARE OUR HEARTS! They are our future. We cannot demonize our own. We are the pillars of the family. Imagine this, a nation that is set up with individual families that are thriving, that are healthy, that communicate, that raise their children in love have a better rate of becoming better human beings. And that’s what we need to create. Black men, it starts with you. It’s done man, we can’t be trash no more. We have to be better. You don’t understand? I’m speaking to you from my heart. Look, I don’t know if I’m going to have a career after this, but f**k that! Today is about innocent people who were halfway through their process. We don’t know what George Floyd could have achieved, we don’t know what Sandra Bland could have achieved, but today we’re going to make sure that that won’t be an alien thought to our young ones. You lot came today, you left your kids, and when you see your kids they’re aimlessly playing, they don’t understand what’s going on.
Today is the day that we remind them that we are dedicated and this is a lifelong dedication. Guys, we don’t leave them stop you now. This is longevity. Some of you are artists, some of you are bankers, some of you are lawyers, some of you own shop stores. You are important, your individual power, your individual right is very, very important. We can all join together to make this a better world.
Thank you for coming out today. Thank you for your support. To us. Black people I love you. I appreciate you. Today is an important day, we are fighting for our rights. We are fighting for our ability to live in freedom. We are fighting for our ability to achieve. We are fighting for equality. And you are the physical representation of that. NO JUSTICE, NO PEACE!
Today is the day that we stand. We walk. It’s not about career, it’s not about money, it’s about your right to live as a human being.”
— John Boyega’s full speech during the Black Lives Matter protest at Hyde Park in London, England (June 3, 2020)
HOW TO DONATE TO BLM WHEN YOU HAVE NO MONEY
a black woman named zoe amira posted a video on youtube. this video is an hour long and filled with art and music from black creators. it has a ton of ads, and in result will rack up a ton of revenue. 100% of the ad revenue from the video will be dispersed between various blm organizations, including bail-out funds for protesters. it will be split between the following, dependent on necessity
- brooklyn bail fund
- minnesota freedom fund
- atlanta action network
- columbus freedom fund
- louisville community bail fund
- chicago bond
- black visions collective
- richmond community bail fund
- the bail project inc
- nw com bail fund
- philadelphia bail fund
- the korchhinski-parquet family gofundme
- george floyd’s family gofundme
- reclaim the block
turn off your adblocker and put the video on repeat. do not skip ads. let it play on loop whether you’re listening or not. mute the tab if you need to focus elsewhere. but let. it. play.
youtube will donate to blm for you.
please, please reblog. for people who don’t have money to spare, this is incredibly important information to have.
According to comments this is how you should watch this:
1. Don’t watch on repeat
2. Don’t watch it in a playlist
3. Don’t fast forward or skip
4. Don’t skip the advertisements
5. Watch with at least 480p and half the volume
6. After watching this, watch 3 to 5 any other videos then search this video (don’t click it from your watch history) and watch it again
7. Don’t clear watch history and search history
8. Comment and like this video
9. Share this in your social media platforms
Love is messy. And horrible and selfish and bold. It’s not finding your perfect half, It’s the trying and reaching and failing. Love is being willing to ruin your good painting for the chance at a great one.
The Half Of It (2020) Dir. Alice Wu
Black lives matter. Every single day. All the time. They don’t only matter when more news of a brutal killing hits the news nor is it just a trend. Black lives will and should always matter.
And if you’re reading this, sign this petition. now. you have no reason not to at all. Help demand justice for George Floyd, Breonna Taylor, Ahmaud Arbery and the countless other (unnamed, unfilmed and unheard) victims, and help dismantle the systems in place that oppress black ppl and poc, but especially the first. Do not forget their names and do not let your words be without actions. Help in every way you can. I am going to list some links below that link to gofundme’s and petitions, but also other helpful and informational threads trending on twitter (as I know many tumblr users are not on there, but these are very important threads and links), and am compiling them in one post here:*
- Text FLOYD to 55156 and JUSTICE to 668366
- a petition that stands with Breonna Taylor
- donate to this organisation that is bailing out the Minnesota protestors
- here is a thread with more petitions you can sign
- another thread with petitions you can sign
- donate here to support George’s family
- a thread that lists various gfm by black ppl who need money.
- another twitter thread on how to help to demand change and justice for George Floyd
- what you can do INSTEAD of calling cops
- here are two sources (one and two) with information on what is happening on May 31st.
- !!!! HERE is a very, very important thread that provides resources for mental health for young black ppl. !!! I don’t know if many people have seen it, but the more, the better because mental health is incredibly important, especially in uncertain and scary times like these. pls stay safe and be kind to yourself <3
- Here is a very helpful instagram post that highlights what white privilege actually is.
- Here is a thread on why reverse racism is a myth!!
- here is a massive google drive that tells us about black history + activism and is made and compiled by a black trans person!
- an educational CARRD on BLM
- lastly, a very informational thread on what we as non-black people can do to support BLM!
* I am not black, I merely found these links and threads incredibly helpful and thought it might be easy to have them in one place. If in any way, I have spoken over black people or said something out of line / worded something in a bad way, please do not hesitate to tell me what I did and I will change it right away and work on bettering myself. Thank you. Sending all of you so much love and support and will always strive to work towards a world where these kind of things will never happen again <3
THIS IS A TUMBLR HUG! PASS IT ON TO 10 OF YOUR FAVORITE FOLLOWERS AND DON'T BREAK THE CHAIN! HAVE A LOVELY DAY! ~♡ (´｡• ᵕ •｡`) ♡
Sebastian Stan at the MCM London Comic Con